1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 10 commandments and being saved

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Chowmah, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

ISAIAH 28 [9] WHOM SHALL HE TEACH KNOWLEDGE? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? THEM THAT ARE WEANED FROM THE MILK, and drawn from the breasts.[10] FOR PRECEPT MUST BE UPON PRECEPT, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.[12] To whom he said, THIS IS THE REST wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and THIS IS THE REFRESHING: yet they would not hear.

To whom he said this is the rest and the refreshing, but they refused to hear. Rest? Refreshing?

EXODUS 31 [15] Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.[16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.[17] It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and ON THE SEVENTH DAY HE RESTED, AND WAS REFRESHED.

Hoot, there it is

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    You insinuate I say one should do work on the Sabbath and not rest, which plainly is you, lying about me. It also is you, not grasping the true meaning of: GOD'S Sabbath Day which is the Day of GOD'S, rest; which "Rest" is NONE other than GOD'S Rest in and through Jesus Christ in and through and by "finishing ALL the works of God" in and through and with RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD-- which, is GOD'S Rest: His Rest which is "the Son" through Whom "God in these LAST days, SPOKE" to us, Christians!

Do not accuse me falsely and by transgressing that Commandment, also transgress the Sabbath Commandment.

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Baruch Attah adonai Eloheinu Melech HaOlam Asher Kidishanu Bemitzsvotav Vitzivanu al mitzvat tzitzit.

Blessed are you lord God king of the universe, who sanctifies us with his law and commanded us regarding the commandment of the fringes.

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. - Rom. 3:20

Gal. 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    12 And the law is not of faith
    :

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thus answereth a wise man.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Salvation through works?

Heresy.

At any point you wish, you are more than welcome to embrace the Biblical viewpoint, and check this blatantly unScriptural view at the door.

This kind of nonsense is tantamount to looking into the face of Christ and saying, "You wasted your time, dude. I can handle this issue myself."

7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

So show me the scriptures rbell. Back up what you say with the Word. We will see if it holds any water

PS rbell, not once have i said you are saved by works

#67 Chowmah, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
  8. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

So tell me Dr Walter....How did you happen to come by this faith you speak of?

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Originally Posted by Dr. Walter [​IMG]

Gal. 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    12 And the law is not of faith
    :

GE:
    If I may answer on his behalf, I would say, Paul already has answered.

10. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Do you also take the same approach with the testimony of Jesus as you do with His law? Jesus said to love thy nieghbor. Do you then say....Well Jesus is the only one who has ever loved his neighbor perfectly so i guess i need not even try. After all, its much harder to follow the testimony of Jesus than it is to keep His 10 commandments.

Matthew 5:18
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Have heaven and earth passed? YIKO! What am i standing on

11. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

That would be a yes. Jesus created the sabbath. By Him all things were made. The sabbath was MADE for man. And of course He is Lord of the sabbath. Why should i seek a different day of rest if Jesus is Lord of the sabbath day rest. That and the fact that theres no where written that God or Jesus changed the day of rest. That and the fact that you can worship God in vain when you worship Him through the commandments and doctrines of man

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Ephesians 2:8-9 --

13. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

If i may borrow a quote from Ben in the cash cab

That is correct!

14. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

But.....To whom is this free gift given?

15. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

You there rbell

Wanna talk about the Word?

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Seventh-Day Adventists?
    Ellen G. White?

:D :D

Is that question really germane? Scripture seems pretty clear to me.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

Sure.

Wanna talk about Salvation by grace, through faith, not of works?

18. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Im no 7th day adventist. The Kingdom will be on this earth

19. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Luv 2 old buddy

20. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

GALATIANS 3 [23] But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [24] Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. [25] But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. [26] For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. [27] For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. [29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I really don’t understand why people who claim we are no longer under the law would bring up the above scripture. Its so contrary to their doctrines. The law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ. We are under the law (our schoolmaster) UNTIL we are justified by faith. So how do these people expect to come into the faith of Christ without first going to the schoolmaster. There are no short cuts that I know of. After we have been brought to faith in Christ, do we then make void the law or are we to still be keeping Gods law?

ROMANS 3 [30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. [31] Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Just because we have attained faith through the Word are we now to “do away” with Gods 10 commandments? God forbid!

REV. 14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Yeah, you can find this truth written many times in the new covenant scriptures.

EPHES. 2 [7] That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Theres no doubt that only the grace of God will save you. Its a gift we do not deserve. We are all as filthy rags. We all have come up short. But to whom will this gift be given? According to the scriptures it will given to those who are obeying the “voice” of God and observing to keep His 10 commandments. Them that have been to the schoolmaster.

Is there any other way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.