1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The 70th Week of Daniels Prophecy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jun 7, 2015.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I pulled the list from a quote you had made and it had your name on it, I meant to just post the list showing what you had asked about, didn't realize it would seem to attribute to you, my apologies now that I see how it came out.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is utter nonsense, the mythology of pre-trib-dispensationalism of John Nelson Darby and the Jesuit priest. When did Israel ever keep the commandments of GOD and have the testimony of Jesus Christ?

The woman is the Church. That is clear if you post the introductory verses of Revelation 12. GOD cast off all but the elect of Israel some 2000 years ago. The status of national Israel before God is no better than any other ethnic group of unbelievers.

That is utterly ridiculous. I will present the truth from Scripture in the following post!

You might present some of those
    That verifies the fact that God will restore Israel. The Apostle Paul shows in Galatians 3 that all the promises to Abraham are fulfilled in and through Jesus Christ!

#42 OldRegular, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
  3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

One question on this if the woman is the church then who is her child?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No one here is denying the Word of God.
    Daniel 9:24 is not speaking of the New Covenant. It is speaking of the Second Coming of Christ when Christ will fulfill his promises with the Jewish nation.

You cannot avoid the context (but you do) of verse 24.
    70 weeks are determined upon thy people, that is Daniel's people.
    That is the nation of Israel.
    How do you jump from the nation of Israel to the Gentiles in general?

5. OldRegular

{The following is repeated from post #116 of The Messianic Kingdom. None of this Scripture was refuted, or even addressed, in that thread!}

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

again you missed it,my post 143,

8. OldRegular

You recall I said you needed to present the initial verses of Revelation 12.

Initially the woman represents "spiritual Israel" which gives birth to the Savior, Jesus Christ. That is obvious to anyone who can read.

After Jesus Christ establishes the Church in New Testament form, and is slaughtered by the Jews and Rome, the woman then represents The Church.

Revelation 12:1ff clearly shows that the futurist interpretation of the Book of Revelation is false since in this chapter we see the birth of Jesus Christ.

9. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Romans 9:6-8 is pretty clear that Israel is the elect who believe upon Christ (both Jew and Gentile), i.e. the church. What do you think Romans 9:6-8 is teaching? Please respond to the portions of the verses I have highlighted with your interpretation.

"6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
    7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." (Romans 9:6-8)

God bless,

Brother Joe

#49 BrotherJoseph, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
  10. OldRegular

Jesus Christ did not die FOR the transgression of the Jews. He died BECAUSE of the transgression of the Jews. I showed Scripture that proved that. Refute the Scripture if you can.

The death of Jesus Christ at the hands of the Jews and Rome FINISHED the transgression of the Jews. GOD cast off the jews as His people as the following Scripture clearly shows: Matthew 21:43. Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. That judgment of the Jews {Israel} by GOD has never been revoked in Scripture. GOD put the finishing touches to that judgment when He destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in 70AD.

How do you get that the Messiah would
    Nothing is said about an end of transgression to the Holy City.

It does not say the Messiah would make an end to the sacrifice for sin. It says "to make an end of sins". The sacrificial death of Jesus Christ at the hands of the Jews and hated Rome brought an end to the penalty of sin for the "true believers".

Who are Daniel's people? Furthermore, the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ fulfilled the conditions of Daniel 9:24. That is the fact of history and Scripture so the "mantra" Daniels people as referring to Israel does not hold water. So Huummm all you want. The New Testament frequently enlarges on or reapplies Old Testament prophecy as shown in Acts 2:15ff and Acts 15L15ff.

There will be no Messianic Kingdom where the abomination GOD destroyed in 70AD will be re-established.

Everlasting righteousness has come for those for whom Jesus Christ died. There will be a New heavens and New Earth where GOD will dwell with the redeemed of all time, the Church. Scripture says nothing about a New Holy City rather the New Jerusalem, the bride of jesus Christ, the redeemed of all time, The Church.

Continued following post!

11. OldRegular

Continued from previous post!

That is utter nonsense and silly besides. If it were true one could identify a new dispensation each and every time GOD spoke to a prophet!

GOD has always dealt with people through HIS Grace. The prophecy ceased with the close of the New Testament but the date when Revelation was written is irrelevant.

The continued use of GOD in connection with a liar is disgusting. Why is it you dispensationalists want to use that name. I don't recall anyone other than you pre-tribbers talking like that.

The "snatching away of the Church is mythology invented by John Nelson Darby and a Jesuit priest as I have shown repeatedly.

Ephesians 2:11-22 shows conclusively that GOD has only one people. Darby, Scofield, Chafer, Walvoord, and Ryrie are simply wrong and teach/taught a false doctrine.

You need to reassess your "mantra: about Daniel's people! Huuummmnn

Hebrews 12:18-24 speaks nothing about the dispensation of the Law! It speaks of the giving of the Law. That this Scripture speaks of the Temple in Jerusalem is more mythology. You are reading your false doctrine into Scripture. Revelation 22:18, 19 does not speak well of those who would twist Scripture.

12. OldRegular

Well said Brother Joe.

{I worked one summer for North American Aviation in the summer of 1956 in Columbus. My wife and I honeymooned there in a basement apartment. I do not recall the street but may be able to find it! Had a chance to go to Ohio State to work on my PhD in engineering but decided against it! My understanding is that the city now encloses the Ohio State campus!}

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Romans 3:24-26

Christ died because God planned for Christ to become the propitiation for sin all sin that is the Transgressions of ALL. Had the Jews accepted Him, which God foreknew they wouldn't, but had they, He would still have been cutoff.

Upon the Transgression of EVE and the Sin of Adam God promised a savior the seed of woman would come and crush satan's head, from eternity past God planned for Christ death on the cross.

He did not die
    He died because of the Transgressions of all mankind.

His death paid for every sin past present and future, he became the propitiation for all of mankind, that is not the question raised.
    He died for the Transgressions of all. Not every Jew rejected Him, just the leaders of the nation. Not all of them had a hand in it, Nicodemus and Joseph of Aramathia accepted Him. The 11 and many others. But because of the leaders rejection God set Israel aside for a little time.

Romans 11:1-8, makes it very clear,

God still has a remnant and He will have in the Tribulation 144,000 Jews from 12 Tribes.

Jesus died for the sins of every person who has ever lived. He died for the Transgressions of ALL because HE became the Propitiaiton for ALL mankind So He didn't just died
    , it was because of the Transgression of all.

14. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Romans 9: from interlinear:

They are spiritual seed and inherit the Spiritual that is Spiritual life and blessings. They do not replace the physical seed and the Promises for that physical seed of inheriting the Land and a Physical Messianic Kingdom, those are reserved for the physical seed. Paul made it clear here in the interlinear.

15. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

This is not consistent with the biblical interpretation of the events.The writer says this in chapter 9;

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

It is not two peoples it is two time periods
    1] pre cross type

2] post cross fulfillment

That which was physical and earthly was the shadow of the spiritual reality

At Mt Sinai the people could not approach without a mediator...we have direct access In Christ now.....by our Union with the ascended Lord.

There is no mention of a trumpet being blown here for the NT believers.

Moses was the mediator as a type.....Christ is the mediator for those in Covenant with Him.

The type has given place to the reality......The Kingdom reign of Heaven is a present reality

16. OldRegular

There is a verse of Scripture that you Rapture Ready people completely ignore.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

The Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom, not a carnal earthly kingdom. The carnal Jews of the first century were expecting the Messiah to throw off the yoke of Rome and establish an earthly carnal kingdom. HE did not then and HE will not in the future regardless of how much you Rapture Ready people preach it. That is a false doctrine. The idea that GOD would re-establish a kingdom where the bloody sacrifices were offered again is a blasphemous doctrine and limits the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross. Chafer was preaching an abominable doctrine when he said GOD has an earthly people, the Jews!

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Jesus Kingdom at that time was not of that world system, if it were of that world system then His servants would have contended with the authorities, but His Kingdom's time was not ready (hence). Very simple from the interlinear.

18. OldRegular

That would be comical if it were not so ridiculous:

:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:

19. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Interlinear straight from Greek to English, Lets look again and see why you feel Jesus words are comical,

Here we see Jesus said His Kingdom was not if this world system and it isn't at this time and wasn't at that point in time.

If it was of this world system He says
    His servants would contend with the ones running the system.

Now notice this part,
    If it was of this system He would be giving the Judaans the Kingdom now, understand that would be the Messianic Kingdom but
    Christ Kingdom was not hence that is it was not time for it to come, but it will be coming at a future time and it will be given to the Judaans (Jews). Again you find Jesus words comical from the interlinear but straight from Greek to English can be hard to understand for some.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

But we are not talking about chapter 9, we are in chapter 12.
    What I said:
    The contrast is between two peoples coming to two places:
    One to Mount Sinia; the other to Mount Zion (the heavenly Jerusalem).

These are the exact words used in chapter 12: "Sinai," Heavenly Jerusalem."
    The context is specifically defined for us. Look again:

Hebrews 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
    --Read the context here. This is Mount Sinai. I think you can agree with that.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

From Sinai to the Heavenly Jerusalem. That is the journey of the Jewish believer in history. The Israelite became a nation under God at Sinai, and that nation will be saved when Christ comes. This is the Book of Hebrews, written to Jewish believers. Much is applicable to us, but context must be kept in mind.

I agree it is two time periods, but those periods are far more specific than you are making them. From Sinai to the Second Coming. (Not simply pre and post cross).
    They were Jewish believers. The contrast was between the OT system as Jews and the NT system as believers. Which was "better"?
    "Christ is better than...", etc.
    When the Jewish believer (as well as we) reach the heavenly Jerusalem (when Christ comes) that is far better than when Israel reached either Sinai or the Promised Land.
    Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
    Heb 12:21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
    --At Mount Sinai they could not approach the Mount at all.
    Moses first had to receive the Law. The nation had to come under Jehovah as a theocracy. It was incumbent upon Israel to accept Jehovah's terms that Jehovah be her king and she her subjects.
    Thus Moses said: "I exceedingly fear and quake."

We also fear until we come to Christ. Christ will remain in heaven as our mediator. He is not presently acting as king, but as mediator. Some day he will exercise authority as king, but not now. He is our Great High Priest and intercedes for us day and night.

The mountain shook. A trumpet was blown.
    So it will be at the second coming, when he comes at the last trump.

Zechariah 9:14 And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.
    15 The LORD of hosts shall defend them; and they shall devour, and subdue with sling stones; and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, and as the corners of the altar.
    16 And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.

The Kingdom has not yet come.
    Even the disciples knew that. Christ did not deny a coming kingdom.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
    Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
    --Christ said, "Not at this time." But he did not say it would not come.