1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured the age of the earth

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jordan Kurecki, Jan 2, 2015.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

However, the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, strongly condemns deviant sexual behavior including fornication and adultery so there is really no room for discussion. Similarly the Bible condemns atheism and there is no reason to have an atheist posting on this Baptist Board. Is there?

So you are not referring to me in this?

2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are referring to me, I did not make that statement!! Please go back and read if you think that I said that in the original post!!

You really need to read that in context as well. I do not see your name even remotely associated with that comment

3. quantumfaith

OK, now I see you were repeating a quote from OR. It was in your text so I presumed it was your statement. My apologies. You (general) may call me any number of things but "atheist ain't one of them".

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

QF

We apparently are not communicating very well. You were extolling the virtues of mathematics above science and engineering, patting yourself on the back so to speak. Do that long enough and you will develop arm and shoulder problems.

5. OldRegular

You are not using the quote feature properly. We are not in agreement at all. I believe I made myself quite clear but I will repeat:

6. OldRegular

I thought I was defending you QF!

7. quantumfaith

:) Have already had rotator cuff surgery....not an easy one to recoup from.

8. quantumfaith

It was a "misread" on my part. I saw the quote in a statement by MC (in his response text) and read it as his comment. He corrected me.

There are many things I can be called...but that is not one of them. :)

No worries.

9. OldRegular

Just one more reason people should use the quote feature correctly!

10. quantumfaith

11. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you think man has been around for 4.5 billion years?

Jesus said he created man and female at the beginning... Doesn't really line up with the model we are given in evolution.

This thread stinks of unbelief and a worship of science falsely called so.

if whatever science is being taught does not match up with the bible, then it is wrong, plain and simple.

Who are you going to believe? God? or "science"

12. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't it obvious that "yom" (day) here means a long period of time, don't you know that to the Jews 6 days is 6 billions years and that they are observe the sabbath "day" for a billion years... I am being sarcastic of course to show the inconsistency of trying to apply long periods of time to "yom" to creation but then not applying it the same to other passages.

13. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ^^^^ Gotta "AMEN" that!

14. quantumfaith

No, 4.5 billion years is the approximate age of the earth, that would be from it early original chaotic state. Humans (homo sapiens) have been around for only a small fraction of that time scale. Approximately 100,000 years for hominids.

Your sound off about male and female from the beginning has nothing to do with the age of the earth or even the age of humanity for that matter. This thread does not stink of unbelief.....and you SIR may quit trying to infer that I or anyone else is an unbeliever. I believe in and worship the Creator of this universe. I DO NOT worship or place science out of its role as the natural revelation of its maker.

Yes I agree, the natural revelation and the truths imparted from scripture should be in agreement.

#55 quantumfaith, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  15. quantumfaith

Sarcasm rarely escapes me neither does it do much to phase me. I can be skilled at returning it though.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would love to see 3-6 replies or more.

Is the context of John 11:9,10 more relative to time, as described in A. Genesis 1:14-18 OR B. to Genesis 1:2-5?

Of course my answer as you all know is B.

Now if the answer is truly, as in the truth of the word of God, B then one must ask himself why was Darkness on the face of the deep, on the earth, before the Light came to the earth?

How long had the Darkness been on the earth? Is God in reality about to deal with, the Darkness as the adversary to The Light and is He going to do this by renewing the face of the earth and creating man in his image?

Earth being also a very key word in this discussion.