1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

the "all" verse 18 and the "many" in 19

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Aki, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Every man has a conscience and knows the difference between right and wrong. Yet they are not willing to submit themselves to the God of the universe. Knowing right from wrong is far different from being willing to submit to God.

Once again, this is basic knowledge. How do you not know this if you claim to know as much as you do? That is confusing to me. You make firm dogmatic statements about how wrong Calvinists are but yet show that you do not even know what Calvinists believe. How can you be so sure about something you do not appear to know much about?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Rom 1:19-21 NKJV) because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. {20} For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, {21} because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Ken

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Guess I'm just giving too much credence to Calvin again. You know, it gets really confusing trying to delineate between the different types of Calvinism - those that follow Calvin, those who do the five-point thing, infralapsarian, prelapsarian, four-pointers, and so on and so forth.

Apparently, your brand of Calvinism is different than what Calvin set forth in his theology.

4. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Is this a response with Larry or is does this have something to do with reason?

5. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

That I woulnd't know since I haven't read Calvin. My "calvinism" comes from Scripture. I have read some others on Calvinism and know that, as I have demonstrated, much of what you are arguing against has nothing to do with what we believe.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism is a nickname for TULIP which also includes a worldview of God as absolutely sovereign. Within that there are differences just like there are differences among other groups such open theists, premillennialists, postmillennialists, amillennialists, Baptists, Methodists, etc.

Ken

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those Scriptures are teaching that even if a person does not hear or read the gospel they are still without excuse. They have been given the light that is common to all people and should know to worship God but they do not because they are totally depraved. Having light is not equivalent to the the drawing of the Father.

Ken

[ July 04, 2002, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Ken Hamilton ]

8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

If you all believe in the 'image of God' remaining in all human beings even after the Fall, it makes it that much more ridiculous to believe in the bondage of the sinners will.

10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Ray, I have shown you to be wrong and you even agreed that you misunderstood it back then. :( :( Are you regressing here into misrepresentation?