1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The apology: A test of integrity

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by canadyjd, Jul 24, 2008.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We often get very heated in our discussions on the BB. When I am shown to be wrong or to have said something inappropriate, I swallow my pride and do my best to apologize immediately. I believe it is a matter of personal spiritual integrity to admit you are wrong and apologize when it is warranted.

I want to bring to your attention the following exchange and ask you if I am wrong to call for an apology from the other BB contributor.

Lou Martuneac rightly pointed out that I had misquoted his statement. He had used the phrase "carnal" Christians. I responded by asking about "carnal Christians".

When I saw what I had done, I immediately and sincerely apologized to Lou Martuneac. It was unintentional. I believe we should present others statements as accurately and truthfully as we can. Otherwise, we shouldn't be using "quotes".

I'll repost my public apology:
    With this exchange in mind, please notice what Lou Martuneac said on another thread (Are there Carnal Christians?). I want to reply to it here so as not to derail that thread with another discussion about John MacArthur.

Lou Martuneac twice misconstrued John MacArthur's statements in the same way that I misconstrued his. The wording is exactly the same. There can be no doubt the error has occured. I will give Lou Martuneac the benefit of the doubt that it was not intentional.

There is no doubt in my mind that Lou Martuneac should offer an open, public apology to John MacArthur for, to use Lou Martuneac's own words, "misconstruing" his statements.

I am eager to see if Lou Martuneac will demonstrate, IMHO, the necessary personal integrity to issue a public apology to John MacArthur for the error.

peace to you:praying:

#1 canadyjd, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

They are the very same words. But do not get your hopes up about Lou. This is just one of a few things where Lou is not consistent. This one of the reason I stopped listening to Lou, even though there are somethings I agree with Lou on. His misconstruing of MacArthur words is sad.

I guess I should give him a chance before calling him out. We shall see if he integrity.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In fairness to Dr. Martuneac, I have had a run-in (right word ?) with him in another discussion board, and when he is convinced he should apologize he does so. That run-in by the way was my fault initially.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That gives me hope that Lou Martuneac will have the integrity to make a public apology to John MacArthur.

Still waiting, though.

peace to you:praying:

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I also stopped listening to him as he seems to have a preoccupation with MacArthur for some reason.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It might be what is called "gimmick", you know.
    If he can get as many of those on this board upset and wondering about what he is saying about JMac, book sales might go up.
    But, giving him the benefit of a doubt still.