1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Apology

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Jun 20, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am troubled by what is going on... On the BB!... I am saddened as I see different brother to brother and sister to sister and brother to sister get upset and leave by an unkind word. I have been on here for almost over two years and if you would have known me when I first joined until now you would not believe the transformation. Why can we not learn to apologize for something we have said?... Where is our Christianity?... Where is our Jesus?... If you would like an apology from me... If I said an unkind word or remark... Email me... At [email protected] and I will apologize publicly on the BB!... I will show you my christianity and my Jesus!... I wrote down this poem to show you ALL how I feel!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

AN UNKIND WORD AND ACT

I said an unkind word today
    It hurt
    Then all thoughout the day I felt
    Like dirt
    You could not see it
    In my face
    But in my heart it
    Left a trace
    MY ANGER!
    Found a place
    AND I WAS RIGHT!
    For all it's worth!
    That's OK!
    I have many friends
    I will get another
    This is not the end
    And if you were my friend
    You would not say
    What you said
    To me! :mad:

I did an unkind act today
    It hurt
    Then all thoughout the day I felt
    Like dirt
    You could not see it
    In my face
    But in my heart it
    Left a trace
    MY ANGER!
    Found a place
    AND I WAS RIGHT!
    For all it's worth!
    Then Jesus said
    I have many friends
    I will get another
    This is not the end
    And if you were my friend
    You would not do
    What you did
    To me! [​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glen - If I have to ask you to apologize, then it is not heartfelt and spontaneous from you. So it ain't never, ever gonna happen! :mad: :mad:

Besides, of course, you have nothing to apologize for! :D [​IMG] :rolleyes:

(Love you, man - and I'm teasing here but I do understand your heart as we see some nasty things said and done right here in our own little corner of cyberspace.)
    [​IMG]

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I tried to appologize, and I was jumped on. Although appologizing is the right thing to do, it is not on the BB apparently.

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Glen, loved the poem. When I got to the line, "Then Jesus said, I have many friends..." I actually shuttered to think that Jesus might not consider me friendly. That will stick with me. Hopefully, during these discussions when we get caught up in the moment and forget we are talking to real people.

5. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. Despite how people may react, reconciliation is a vital part of the Christian's walk.

It is irrelevant how men may react to your apology. It is, however, vital how God perceives it!

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

I disagree. Despite how people may react, reconciliation is a vital part of the Christian's walk.

It is irrelevant how men may react to your apology. It is, however, vital how God perceives it!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I known it's important Clint, I only meant it isn't welcomed on the BB.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That's a very broad statement. I for one will accept an apology from you with gladness.
    Not sure what for, but give me a little and I'll think of something. ;)
    Gina

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

9. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I've been gone for a week. Did I miss something? Was there a big BB brawl that I wasn't invited to or something? :D

You have never upset or offended me in anyway Bro. Glen, but I will take what you said to heart. If we can't even forgive our brethren, what kind of Christian are we. I, for one, am not better than God. If He can forgive, so can I. [​IMG]

We'll call this an apology for the future, in case you ever do get to me. I'll just flip back to here and read what you wrote. [​IMG]

God Bless. Bro. James

P.S. I loved the poem.

10. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I so disagree with you! If I, or anyone, were unaware that I offended you, then how could I appologise? Then again, I may be sorry that you were offended, but you may have misunderstood the intention of the remark. Humor, especially, may be misperceived and unappreciated by either or both parties.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daisy - you SO missed my point and my humor here, so it goes to show what you posted is TRUE! We don't always understand the intent or implications of others posts!

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You were being humorous? You looked so angry!

Oops! And whoosh (the sound of it going straight over my head)!

Should I apologise for not getting it? :confused:

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL... Without seeing each others faces and hearing the tone of each others voices.... we never really can GET it. LOL!

I apologize to everyone and accept everyones apology. Now..... Let's have fun!

Diane [​IMG]