1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Asian Diaspora From the GOP

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, May 16, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is the GOP driving away so many ethnic groups? Could be they are smart enough to realize that the GOP has no interest in their well being.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be they (the ethnic groups) don't understand the concept of personal responsibility

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, oh Salty if you knew Asians you would know that statement is not true. They are extremely family oriented and take personal responsibility seriously. Perhaps that is why, as a group, they earn more than the average American.

As they are so family centered you would think the "family values" party would attract them. I guess they have see how hollow that stance is within the GOP.

I am sure there are some Asians on welfare, though I've never met one and I do know many, many Asians.

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it's hard to talk about the "Asian vote" since that's an umbrella term that lumps in a bunch of people from different countries with different languages and majority religions and all.

The thing about them is that over a third of them are concentrated in CA and NY state and that any poll of this group has a small sample size. They may be voting that way in those two states just because they're no different from the other voters.

The writer just glossed over what happened in the 2014 midterms, where the GOP won the group 51-49, after losing the Asian vote 40-60 in just the last midterms in 2010. This is the problem you have with this voter bloc, they are ill-defined from the start.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asians are more inclined to accept homosexuality and abortion, two big talking points with the Dems.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be true of first generation, but second, third,.....

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has not been the case in the families I have known Salty. The parents have taught responsibility to the kids ... well many are adults now ... that I know.

With the logic you used in your reply it would mean there are no responsible White folk left ... except for the first generation here now. You and I know this is not true.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what we know is really not true is that the Democrats are worried about their winning the Oriental votes. And the Mexican votes. And the Jewish votes and money. And the black votes. And the union votes and money. The Democrats are running a one percenter candidate who earned $25,000,000 last year. It looks like a cakewalk for the Democrats in 2016. The one percent rules!

9. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

#9 Inspector Javert, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asians are more liberal on homosexuality and abortion so they naturally gravitate to the Democrats.

11. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What's the GOPs view of the unborn well being?