1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Atonement of Christ: What did it REALLY Achieve ?5

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Mar 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By His stripes we are healed !

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

So because of His stripes [death], those He died for receive a New Heart for their healing, their being made whole. By nature, all men to include the elect have a heart that is incurably evil, sick Jer 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The word desperately is the word 'anash and means:

to be weak, sick, frail

a) (Qal)

1) to be incurable

2) to be sick

3) desperate, incurable, desperately wicked, woeful, very sick (pass participle) (metaph.)

b) (Niphal) to be sick

The word incurable means:

not curable; that cannot be cured, remedied, or corrected: an incurable disease.

not susceptible to chaincurablyhe human heart is incurablely wicked and evil, it cannot change.

There is another scripture that confirms this Truth Jer 13:23

Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

This is all humans by nature, we are accustomed to do evil. This word accustomed means taught, instructed in, trained in doing evil ! Thats because of the evil heart, and it can no more chanEthiopian leopard his spots, or an ethiopian his skin.

This is very important truth. Scripture here is very clear that the wicked heart cannot change. The word change in Jer 13:23 is the word haphak and means:

to turn, overthrow, overturn

a) (Qal)

1) to overturn, overthrow

2) to turn, turn about, turn over, turn around

3) to change, transform

b) (Niphal)

1) to turn oneself, turn, turn back

2) to change oneself

3) to be perverse

4) to be turned, be turned over, be changed, be turned against

5) to be reversed

6) to be overturned, be overthrown

7) to be upturned

It also means converted as in Isa 60:5

5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

This all tells us that the human heart cannot repent towards God and stop doing evil ! We cannot change.

But, the death of Christ, His stripes heals, and as an evidence, a New Heart in New Birth is given which enables us to live unto Righteousness experimentally and entails being born again or anew, it means we are made experimentally righteous in order to do righteous.

Now again, by nature the heart of the sons of men are fully set in them to do evil Gen 6:5

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Ecclesiastes 8:11

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men are fully set in them to do evil.

Gen 8:21

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

And so finally, before any man can do good [spiritually good and pleasing to God] he must be healed, made whole, cured by Christ's stripes, and that is what His stripes accomplished and effects for those whose sins He bare, it causes them to live unto Righteousness ! 15

2. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    It changes the sinner !

Those who deny that Christ's death in and of itself, saves those He died for, they are guilty of reducing the Value of His Blood to that no more than the animal blood used in the OT, that were mere types and shadows of His Blood. For those animal offerings could not appease the wrath of God, nor could they change the sinner, but Christ's Sacrifice of Himself hath once and for all Satisfied God's Law and Justice, and Wrath against all those for whom He died, the Sheep. He has propitiated God for them 1 Jn 2:2; 1 Jn 4:10

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

10 In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins.

properly, propitiation; an offering to appease (satisfy) an angry, offended party.

And He reconciled them to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies/unbelievers, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

But more, not only did Christ's offering of Himself propitiate God and reconcile us to God, it also effected or effects in us an inward change Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Now who and what does the inspired writer here credit for the purifying of the conscience from dead works to serving the Living God ? Now lets see who will answer this question honestly from this scripture ?

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    It changes the sinner 2

In my opinion the writer of Hebrews 9:14 credits the Blood of Christ for the change. The OT did not affect the conscious Heb 9:9

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Heb 10:1-3

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. See Heb 10:14

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

The Sacrifice of Christ affected the inward being [conscience] Heb 9:14;10:22

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 10:22

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

As well as it ushers us into the service of God. That word serve in Heb 9:14 latreuō:

II.to serve, minister to, either to the gods or men and used alike of slaves and freemen
    A.
    in the NT, to render religious service or homage, to worship

B.
    to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship
    i.
    of priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office

So its just as John writes here Rev 1:5-6

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Hath made us Kings and Priests symbolizes Spiritual Service to the Living God. But now if Christ's Blood has no more influence than the blood of goats and rams, or sin offerings and burnt offerings which He takes no pleasure in Heb 10:4-9

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Then we have a very low opinion of it [Christ's Blood] which in my opinion is tantamount to Blasphemy !

4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ's intercession is for all whom He died !

Rom 8:34

4 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.NIV

Does Christ make intercession for everyone He died for ? Yes He does, and that while thy are yet unbelievers, or before they believe, though they shall believe as here Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Jesus here is praying for everyone who shall ever believe on Him through their Preaching the Gospel ! He knows who they are, for they are His Sheep who shall through them hear His Voice Jn 10:16

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Note: Thats why the Second Coming had not yet occurred, for all the Sheep up unto the end of the age must hear His voice and believe 2 Pet 3:9.

The Sheep however, before they believe, are as all men by nature, unbelievers and enemies and children of wrath Eph 2:3

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Yet because He died for them, and rose again for their Justification Rom 4:25, He makes Intercession for them.

Most in organized religion do not believe that Christ makes intercession for unbelievers He died for, which is very unreasonable when you consider His very words in Jn 17:20 and that He Loved them and gave Himself for them, even while they were Unbelievers and Enemies Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Rom 5:6-8

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

They think that after He has done the greater for them [Died for them], while they are enemies, He will not do the lesser, He suffered and died for them while they were ungodly, but will refuse to make intercession for them while they are ungodly.

Now if His Death did reconcile them to God while they were yet being enemies as clearly stated here Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Then why would He withhold Intercession for them based upon the fact that He died for them , while they are yet enemies, for Has not the Apostle also written here Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

In fact its a Truth that those Christ died for and reconciled by His death, it is true that they shall be saved by His Life Rom 5:10, and that is confirmed in that those whom He intercedes in behalf of, doeth by that [intercession] come unto God by Him, meaning by His Life of Intercession for them Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Thats the fulfillment of the promise in Rom 5:10 that they shall be saved by His Life, that life by which He ever liveth to make Intercession for them, that is He intercedes on their behalf that an application of His Saving death and merits be applied unto them, and He always is Heard by His Father for them !

If those Christ died for do not become Believers, His Death for them as well as His Intercession for them has failed miserably !

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Belivers are His Inheritance !

Ps 2:6-8

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Most in organized religions do not understand that believers are Christ's Reward for His Death's Accomplishment. The Resurrected Son here is encouraged to ask and the Father will give Him His Inheritance [Here Gentile Believers] and His Possession.

Thats why Jesus says of some Jn 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Back up in Vs 8 the word inheritance is the word nachalah and means:

possession, property, inheritance, heritage

a) property

b) portion, share

c) inheritance, portion

Its used here as heritage Mic 7:18

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

So Christ as the Risen Saviour King has an remnant within the jews, and within the Gentiles or here called the Heathen. They are just as much His Inheritance and Possession as the elect jews were. Thats why Jesus said,other Sheep I have [possess] which are not of this fold, of the jews sheep pen.

Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The One Sheepfold Is the House of Israel !

That word have is the word echō and means:

to have i.e. own, possess

There is another word in Ps 2:8, the word possession, a different word in hebrew but akin to the former, and its the word 'achuzzah

possession, property

a) land

b) possession by inheritance

This word has the connotation of taking hold of, seizing

The word ask in Ps 2:8

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Its the word sha'al and means:

to ask, enquire, borrow, beg

a) (Qal)

1) to ask, ask for

2) to ask (as a favour), borrow

3) to enquire, enquire of

4) to enquire of, consult (of deity, oracle)

5) to seek

But it also has a stronger meaning, that of to demand, there is a type of asking that can be demanding as here 1 Sam 8:10

10 And Samuel told all the words of the Lord unto the people that asked of him a king. Vs 5

5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

But the Son demands what is His By Inheritance and Right for His Covenant Obedience to the Purpose of God ! Dan 7:14

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Thats who believes on Christ, those of His Inheritance, His Possessions ! Those whom He redeemed by His Blood !

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is the Captain of their Salvation by His Death !

Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

The Every Man in Vs 9, Christ by tasting death in behalf of them, becomes the Captain of their Salvation. So if He tasted death for one, He is that one's Saviour. What does this word Captain mean ? Its the word archēgos:

the chief leader, prince

a) of Christ

2) one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer

3) the author

In this context He is the Author of their Salvation by means of tasting death for them, by which He will lead them to Glory !

He is the Author in that He is the causation of their Salvation. He is the determinant of it.

By this, He is also the Author of their Faith Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

What Faith is that ? Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

This Faith accompanies the Salvation He is the Author of Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

For Christ to taste death for someone, and that Person is not saved by it, makes His Death insufficient to save them, and deprives Him of being the Captain, or the Author of their Salvation.

The ASV

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is also the Pioneer of their Salvation

He is the Head of those He died and rose in behalf of, a went into the presence of God in the Heavenly regions to appear before God's for them as the Captain of their Salvation. Heb 9:12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb 9:24

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

As our forerunner or pioneer Heb 6:20

Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Forerunner/prodromos:

a forerunner

a) esp. one who is sent before to take observations or act as a spy, a scout, a light armed soldier

b) one who comes in advance to a place where the rest are to follow

Thats also the definition of a pioneer:

a person who is among those who first enter or settle a region, thus opening it for occupation and development by others.

7. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ's Victorious Death !

Christ by His death, has defeated death and satan, but only for those He died for and who eventually become believers. Its no doubt that Christ's victorious death landed the fatal blow that crushed the Head of the serpent for all whom Christ died Rom 16:20

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

As it was foretold in Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

However this victory is solely promised to the Seed of the Women,and not all mankind. Whenever one comes to converting Faith by the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit per 2 Thess 2:13, then that is one for whom Christ by His Victorious death defeated satan in behalf of them, and this is how we know that Christ died for their sins, because they shall believe His Gospel Truth.

Yet many shall die in their sins including unbelief per Jn 8:24, and many believe not and are already condemned Jn 3:18. What the natural man fails to understand is that unbelief is caused by the victory of the devil over one, its one of his evil works, case in point Matt 13:18-19

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one[satan], and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mark 4:15

14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Luke 8:12

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

If you notice the luke account in Vs 12, it clearly states that its by satans activity that one does not believe and be saved, corresponding to satans activity here 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world[satan] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Also corresponds to 2 Thess 2:10

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Thats because they are victims to satan's deceptions !

So unbelief is clearly the work of satan. Now understand this, if Christ's death has defeated satan and his works as per 1 Jn 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

So hence, if and when anyone believes the Gospel,i its because the defeat of satan is being manifested, he can no longer keep them in unbelief as a testimony to Christ's Victorious death, but when one remains in unbelief, it means Christ's victorious death was not for them, and if we say that His death was for them, but they will not believe[a work of the devil] then we are saying that satan's work prevails over Christ's work for them ! This is blasphemy against Christ !

Finally let it be clear, for one to hear the Gospel, and not understand it and believe it to be saved, then they are victims of the Work of satan Matt 13:19

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Lk 8:12

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

2 Cor 4:3-4, and Christ, for those He died for, has destroyed the works of the devil 1 Jn 3:18. So if we insist Christ died for those who die in their sins in unbelief as Jn 8:24, then we side with satan and given give him the victory over a soul Christ died for, we admit the god of this world prevailed over Christ, there is no middle ground.

The only way to be found on Christ's side in this matter is to understand and acknowledge, that everyone of those Christ died for and defeated satan for, do believe, and those who don't believe and die in their sins Jn 8:24, Christ did not die for them ! 15

8. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The benefit of Christ's incarnation.

The benefit of Christ's incarnation, for those He came specifically to provide help as per Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. or

16 For verily not to angels doth he give help, but he giveth help to the seed of Abraham.ASV

Which are God's Elect among mankind, and not all mankind in general, by it [His Incarnation] He worked out an Righteousness, one which is unblemished, its the very Righteousness of His own Obedience Rom 5:18,19

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So the obedience of one in Vs 19 is the Righteousness of one in Vs 18 !

And this Righteousness is freely charged to them in the Mind of God, Rom 5:17

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ )

This free Gift of Righteousness is imputed to them even while they themselves are being unbelievers and enemies, thats why its an act of Grace on God's Part, for they did nothing to receive it, but contrary, they did everything to forfeit it , and thats why its a Gift; and this free Gift of Righteousness is what is revealed to them in the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So God given Faith receives, apprehends the Spiritual Knowledge of this Gift of Righteousness by the Gospel, it being the Righteousness of the obedience of Christ Rom 5:18-19.

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sanctified through His Blood Alone !

Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that[for the purpose that] he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

One of the sure accomplishments and benefits of the Death of Christ, for all the people whom He died or suffered, is that through it they are sanctified [made holy] I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

Through His Own Blood ! This accomplishment has nothing to do with their faith, believing or repentance. His Death or suffering unto death, in and of itself makes them in the estimation of God, Holy and Set Apart for the Holy Service of God. Heb 9:14

His suffering for them alone gives them forgiveness of sins, and reconciliation to God, even while in and of themselves they are being enemies ! And its by this suffering unto death or offering of Himself for them that they are being sanctified and perfected forever Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

So understand this, those of you who teach falsely may i add, that Christ died or suffered or offered Himself for all mankind without exception and yet some of them are in danger of dying in unbelief and in their sins as Per Jn 8:24 and spending Eternity in Everlasting Punishment Matt 25:46, then you are basically saying that those whom Christ's death hath perfected forever, do nevertheless meet with such a horrible fate, and that is a horrible blasphemy against the blood of Christ !

10. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Christ's Resurrection ?

What the religious world is in the dark on is the significance of Christ's Resurrection, and Ascension and final Exaltation to the Right Hand of God, what they fail to realize and understand is that all that was done by Him not as an private Individual, but as the Representative Head of God,s Elect and Body the Church, which are all those He died for; This is true so much so that in God's reckoning they [those He died for] are said to be raised up together with Him as Per Eph 2:5-6

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

" and hath raised us up together"

The greek verb συνεγείρω is used meaning:

I raise along with.

God did raise along with Christ those He died for and in the place of !

The word is made up of Two words ἐγείρω:

I wake, arouse, (b) I raise up.

And σύν which means:

with, together with (expresses association with)

This also denotes the Union those had with Christ when He died in their behalf, a Union as in the Head and it's Body !

Hence All for whom He died and rose in behalf of as their Representative Head, they sit together with Him in Exalted Glory, their Life in Him, and this is True before they actually become physically born sinners and dead in sins, and afterwards converted to Faith. In fact that is why they must be converted and brought to Faith, that they partake of that Life they have above in their Representative Head, so they are born from above where Christ sitteth on the Right Hand of God. Thats what being born again means here Jn 3:3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Literally its born from above !

Its the adverb anóthen: from above

And what Jesus is meaning, is that One must be born from Above from where their Life is with Him after being raised up together with Him !

All are born again down here in this Life who are before their New Birth, sitting together with Him after being raised up together as Per Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Thats what it means to be born again or from above. Thats why Peter writes that believers had been begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, their Head, from the Dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Thats because they were raised up together with Him when He was raised up from the dead Eph 2:6 !

And that is the Great significance of the Resurrection of Christ for those He died for ! It ensures their birth from above !

11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Christ's Resurrection ? 2

The New Birth is nothing less than Spiritual Resurrection, and all those who actually in the Purpose of God did raise up with Christ from the dead at His Resurrection as Per Eph 2:6

They must as an benefit and as an evidence of their union with Christ when He rose from the dead as their Representative, they must be born again which is regeneration.

Thats why Jesus said to Nicodemus Jn 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

That was an clue that Jesus was going to die for Him, and as a result He must be born again !

12. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Christ's Resurrection ? 3

As evidence of being in Union with Christ when He was raised from the dead after having being delivered for our offenses' Rom 4:25, all those He died for are given a Spiritual Resurrection from Spiritual death which is also called a New Birth, hence Peter writes of it here 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The us here is all for whom Christ died and were in union with Him when He died and rose,or when He was begotten from the dead. See Acts 13:33;Rev 1:5

And this being begotten in 1 Pet 1:3 is equivalent to the New Birth, for its the word anagennaō:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

Some Translations even read as this:

1 Pet 1:3

3 Praised (honored, blessed) be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)! By His boundless mercy we have been born again to an ever-living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,AMP

3 May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be blessed! On account of his vast mercy, he has given us new birth. You have been born anew into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.CEB

So through Christ's Resurrection and we being raised up together with Him Eph 2:6, we as an evidence of that Union with Him are given a New Birth, or born anew.

This is what Jesus meant here Jn 3:3,7

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus is simply referring to the Accomplishment of His Death and Resurrection and its fruit of giving New Birth to all who are in Union with Him and whom He Represents.

Now lets look again at the word begotten again in 1 Pet 1:3, its the word anagennaō and means:

metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

What does that mean "to have ones's mind changed " ? That is the equivalent to Repentance. Lets look at Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

This word repentance is the greek word metanoia and means:

a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

Yes, it means a Change of Mind, and that is exactly what being begotten again, the New Birth gives, a Change of Mind to live a new Life conformed to the will of God !

Thats why Peter says that Christ gives Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Now how does He give it ? By His Resurrection from the dead 1 Pet 1:3 ! He gives it by the New Birth.

So Repentance towards God Acts 20:21 is the Fruit of the New Birth, which is the Fruit of Christ's Resurrection, which is the fruit of His Death, the death He died for those whose offenses' were charged to Him Rom 4:25 !

New Birth is equivalent to and is immortal life, and the Gospel, when it comes to Salvation and Repentance, it brings immortality/life to light 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

So Repentance toward God is nothing but a bringing to light, or manifestation the New Birth which gives a Change of Mind to Live a New Life unto God conforming to His Will.

Thats what the Gospel does, when it comes to Salvation. Repentance unto God is but the manifestation of New Life given by New Birth and called forth by the Gospel !

13. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Christ's Resurrection ? 4

It's been shown from scripture that Repentance is given in the New Birth, because within it's sphere is a change of mind given. Remember the greek word begotten again in 1 Pet 1:3 anagennaō means:

Thats Repentance !

Now, the New Birth also gives a Hope, a Lively Hope 1 Pet 1:3

Now what is this Lively Hope ? Its Two Words in the original.

The first is lively zaō which means :

o live, breathe, be among the living (not lifeless, not dead)
    to enjoy real life
    to have true life and worthy of the name
    active, blessed, endless in the kingdom of God
    to live i.e. pass life, in the manner of the living and acting

The second word is hope elpis and means:

expectation of evil, fear
    expectation of good, hope
    in the Christian sense
    joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation
    on hope, in hope, having hope
    the author of hope, or he who is its foundation
    the thing hoped for

This is the companion of and accompanies Faith. Faith is according to Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

In fact that word hope is translated Faith here Heb 10:23

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised )

Its the word used here Rom 4:18

Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

So, not only does Repentance comes from the New Birth but so does Hope and or Faith, the substance of things hoped for Heb 11:1

BTW that means all the characters following Heb 11:1 were Born Again, their Faith also being the product of the Resurrection of Christ from the dead. He was also the author and finisher of their Faith Heb 12:2.

So both the Repentance and Faith of Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

They are both products of the New Birth, present within each Person begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ! 1 Pet 1:3

And it is for these that God has been longsuffering for as here 2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Whose the All here ? Why its all these of 1 Pet 1:3

Its all them that have been begotten again by the resurrection of Christ from the dead up until the end of the Gospel age.

Because all of them shall be begotten again and within that given a Lively Hope and a Change of Mind = Repentance, and the Gospel shall bring them to Light 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

14. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Christ's Resurrection ? 5

Why must all those Christ died for must be born again ? Remember Jesus told Nicodemus this Jn 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

This I believe is a clue that Nicodemus was one of those for whom Christ came to die, because all for whom He died must be born again, whoever they may be. This is why.

All for whom Christ died, by His death, death has been abolished ! Remember Paul wrote here 2 Tim 1:10

That word abolished katargeō which means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
    to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency
    to deprive of force, influence, power
    to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
    to cease, to pass away, be done away
    to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one
    to terminate all intercourse with one

Christ's death for those He died for put an end to the power of death that the devil had over them Heb 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

One of those effects of his power of death is spiritual death, and spiritual blindness to the Gospel. Remember Paul wrote as to why some believe not ! 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world[the devil] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The blinding of the minds to believe not is spiritual death and the devils power in action.

Remeber Jesus said once this Lk 8:12

Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Well that is what Paul means here in 2 Cor 4:3-4

But that's being lost in spiritual death.

Spiritual death is one of the wages of sin Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

But now, all for whom Christ died, their wages of sin, death has been paid in full, and by His Death their death for sins has been abolished.

to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

Those Christ died for are legally discharged from or loosed from the wages of sin which is death.

Now, as an evidence of their discharge from death for the wages of sin, because of what Christ has done for them, they must be given the opposite of death, which is Life ! The Spirit for all whom He died and discharged them from death, He gives them Life as Per Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

That word quickeneth is zōopoieō and means:

to produce alive, begat or bear living young
    to cause to live, make alive, give life
    by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate
    to restore to life
    to give increase of life: thus of physical life
    of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life

Simply speaking, the Spirit gives Life from Christ to all for whom He died, and abolished death for them. He did away with the reason and cause of their spiritual death, sin !

He did away with is penalty. Remember Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood[from His death] he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Now, this eternal redemption has been obtained for all whom He died. The word Redemption here is the greek word lytrōsis and means:

a ransoming, redemption

deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin

Now what is the penalty of sin ? Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

They are by His Blood delivered from that penalty !

And so the evidence of being no longer under the penalty of sin which is death, even spiritual death, because of the death of Christ, is for the Spirit to give them Life from Christ, which Life is the New Birth. Its New Life to Live to God.

Remember to be begotten again means by the word anagennaō:

Thats why its imperative that everyone Christ died for be born again, for its evidence of His Victorious Death over the devil , he that hath the power of death over them Heb 2:14 !

15. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Christ's Resurrection ? 6

The New Birth is but the result and evidence that Jesus Christ died for one's sins, and that by His death alone, for all them He did die for, He abolished death. So it is absolutely impossible for Christ to have died for someone and they are not in this life Born Again, if so, then that says there is a imperfection in the Death of Christ.

Now for all of you who say that Christ died for everyone's sins without exception, and yet all without exception are not in this life born again, that's a insult to the merits and effects of Christ's death, and God's Wisdom and Purpose for His Death, in essence, you are stating that Christ's death for that person He died for, failed to abolish death on their behalf, which is adverse and opposing to the truth !

16. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Christ's Resurrection ? 7

Before and in order for God to make us alive Spiritually in time, during our physical lives, we had to first be made alive representatively with Christ, when God made Him alive from the dead. Rom 6:4

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Eph 2:6

Its called being risen with Christ Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

The same word is used here as in Eph 2:6, the word synegeirō:

to raise together, to cause to raise together

to raise up together from mortal death to a new and blessed life dedicated to God

So hence, our Spiritual Resurrection from Spiritual death is a attestation that He rose from out of death as our Surety Representative, having died for us.

17. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    That ye should be married to another !

Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Let's look at the immediate context of this statement Rom 7:1-4

No one has the right [Jn 1:12] to believe on Christ unless they are no longer married to the Law , which all are by Nature experimentally.

Now understand this, Believers in Christ, before becoming Believers by New Birth, are unknowingly , unaware that they have had their relationship as married to the Law, severed, terminated, not by their Faith, nor anything they did, but by the Body of Christ, which means His Death.

Yes, by Christ's Death alone for them, all for whom He died, were permanently freed from the Law to marry another. Its like here 1 Cor 7:39

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty G1658 to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Yes, all for whom Christ died, are all free from the law in order to be married to another, whether they know it or not.

18. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    That ye should be married to another ! 2

Continuing from the previous thought that all for whom Christ died are severed from the law by His Body, to be married to another; and they not aware of it.

Lets Illustrate this point of importance from the context of Rom 7:1-4.

You know a women may be free from the law of her husband and not know it; Lets suppose that women and her estranged husband have been separated for going on 5 Years without any contact whatsover. Now even though seperated, she believes herself to be legally bound to the law of marriage to her husband so that she cannot while he is still living marry another.

Now supposing that during their seperation, the husband two years ago died of an heart attack, but the wife never heard about it until now, two years after the fact, she hears the tidings that her husband whom she had been legally married to by the Law of marriage is now dead , having 2 Years ago died of an heart attack. Now its at the hearing of these tidings, that she no longer feels herself bound to that law of marriage to her old husband, and is now free to marry another !

You see that ? His death had made her free, and she now had a right to be married to another without being called an adultress in her mind.

Now ask ourselves this question and give an honest answer. When did the women become legally free from the law of marriage to her husband ? Was it Two Years ago when he died of an heart attack, or was it the recent when she found aout about his death that happened two years ago ?

So it is with Jesus Christ, and all for whom He died. All of the them legally are dead, free from the Law, but they never know it until its revealed to them by the Good News of their Salvation.

It is then they become experimentally free from the law of their former marriage with their former husband.

You see, the women in our Illustration, though her husband had died two years earlier, because she did not know it, she in her mind was still bound to that Law of her first marriage, but when she heard that he was dead, she was no longer bound in her own mind and conscious !

She was set free by hearing about her Liberty, as it with those Christ died for, when they hear of their Liberty, so it is written Isa 61:1

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

How did Christ make us free ? Rom 7:3-4

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

19. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    That ye should be married to another ! 3

Now here is the conclusion of the matter, of why Christ did what He did, in that by His Death, He made an end to the dominion of the Law over all His People, in order that, to the end that, they shall be married to another, even Him that rose from the dead ! Rom 7:1-4

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

If this did not occur, The Grand Purpose of His Death would be defeated, which is that all those He died for bring forth fruit unto God, which comes through being married to Christ !

Now the word married here in Vs 4 is the greek word ginomai which denotes a New Birth or New Creation it's defined:

to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being

to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen

And that is what Jesus means about being born again, or born anew Jn 3:3-7

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

It is then, we become experimentally married to Christ. He cannot marry or fellowship with the sinful old man, it must be the New Man.

This is when we begin to bear fruit unto God, with Repentance and Faith and Love !

You see, Christ's Death for those He died for would be a failure iif it did not effect a bringing us to God. 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Thats the equivalent to Rom 7:4 "That we should bring forth fruit unto God"

20. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Glory in the Cross of Christ !

Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Those in false religion Glory about their freewill, their faith, their repentance, their water baptism, and on and on. However the True Christian, as is Paul and others of like precious faith, Glory in the Work of Christ, His Cross and its Effects. Paul here in the text identifies the effects of the Cross of Christ alone; By the Cross of Christ, all for whom He died, become crucified to the World, and the World to them.

Note the testimony of an Godly man " I glory, in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

Notice 'By whom" meaning Christ and Him Crucified ! The word s by whom are dia hos. Now dia is the prep that means:

the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

by reason of
    on account of
    because of for this reason
    therefore
    on this account

For it was on the account of the Cross, that he became Crucified to the world and world to him. That word crucified means:

metaph. to crucify the flesh, destroy its power utterly (the nature of the figure implying that the destruction is attended with intense pain)

What Paul means here in this Verse is that Paul and the world have become dead to each other, all fellowship and friendliness with the world has come to an end.See James 4:4

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

The world here is that antichrist false religious world. Remember Jesus said this John 15:18-21

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

You see here, the World here Jesus is referring to is that false religious world of works that persecutes the Truth. Again Jn 17:14

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

The world is false religion, more specifically in this case judaism, for Jesus is calling it a world.

And so all for whom Christ died, the powerful effects of His Cross, will cause them to be crucified to the world and the world to them, they will be Sovereignly seperated from it. Paul says the same in Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

That word deliver is the greek word exaireō:

to pluck out, draw out, i.e. root out

to choose out (for one's self), select, one person from many

to rescue, deliver

4 Who gave (yielded) Himself up [to atone] for our sins [and to save and sanctify us], in order to rescue and deliver us from this present wicked age and world order, in accordance with the will and purpose and plan of our God and Father AMP

So for any that Christ Jesus was Crucified for, for them to never experience a separation from false religion[Arminianism, freewill, Judaism, and many more works religions], an evil world and or age, the defect would have to be in the Power of the Cross, and God forbid that is the case; So the only conclusion regarding any who remain or return to false religion, Christ could not have died for them, simple as that ! I Glory not in my freewill, none of that, but in the Cross of Christ My Lord and Savior !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.