1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Atonement of Christ: What did it REALLY Achieve ?5

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation Promised by Jesus !

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Many times it has been witnessed that Christ's by His Death has saved His People from the penalty of their sins, for them there is no more penalty of sin regarding them to pay, no death due to them at all, to include the second death. For death is the wages of Sin, Rpm 6:23, and since Christ has died for their sins, Life to them is due. However that is not all His Saving His People entails, deliverance from death, the penalty of sin, for His Saving is complete, to the uttermost,[Heb 7:25] and so He saves His People from a lost state, or out of a lost state. He saves, them from their fallen nature, of which they partake of by nature; Simply put, Christ cannot be the Captain of Our Salvation Our Saviour , if in fact He does not save us, not only from sin's penalty, but also from our fallen nature wherein lies the power of sin !

He saves His People from their native corrupt and fallen nature, by giving them in New Birth , a Nature whereby they can escape as stated here 2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation Promised by Jesus ! 2

Christ is promised to save His People from their sins. Matt 1:21

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from G575 their sins.

This word from is the greek preposition apo:

I.of separation

A.of local separation, after verbs of motion from a place i.e. of departing, of fleeing, ...

B.of separation of a part from the whole

i.where of a whole some part is taken

C.of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed

What this is promising is that Jesus will save His People from their sin nature wherein lies the power of sin, the flesh. Paul writes Rom 7:14,21

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

This is also true in regards to the Elect's First parents, Adam and Eve, but they did not know their flesh was evil until tempted by the serpent.

But Jesus is promised to save His People from their sins, their flesh.

Now this is ensured, being saved from our fallen nature by the fact that, He as our Surety Saviour representative was raised from the dead, so likewise in the purpose of God, were all those He represented, and as His Resurrection was unto that He Liveth unto God Rom 6:4-10

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth[through resurrection], he liveth unto God.

Even so therefore, all those whom He represented as Surety and they were [in God's purpose] raised up together with Him Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

He, That is Christ and those He represented, His Body the Church are One Heb 2:11

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

This is what is meant as well, when Christ was begotten from the dead as per Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

So likewise were all those He federally represented, they were also together with Him [in the purpose of God] begotten again from the dead, so Peter writes of this very truth here 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This proves that they [the elect] were in Union with Christ as He was their Head, when He was begotten again from the dead Acts 13:33.

Its the same greek word " begotten" in Acts 13:33 and 1 Pet 1:3 the word is γεννάω :

I.of men who fathered children

A.to be born

B.to be begotten

This is a Major Truth of the Resurrection that is sorely neglected in the Gospel these days. 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Again His Resurrection from the dead was theirs also Heb 2:11

11 For both he[Christ] that sanctifieth and they[His Church] who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

This means that they are all of One Resurrection from the dead ! 19

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation Promised by Jesus ! 3

That is why it is stated that they were begotten again through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Ones New Birth in time, confirms their Union with Christ,being together with Him when He was begotten here Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

And as evidence, all for whom Christ died and rose in behalf of, shall be begotten again unto Newness of Life. Peter also calls it here 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

By the Word of God's Resurrection from the Dead, Yes Jesus Christ in 1 Pet 1:3 is the same as the Word of God here in Vs 23 Remember Jn 1:1,14 well that one in Vs 14 is who died and rose again from the dead !

Now all for whom He died and rose receive as a Gift a New Life to serve God with. Remember Rom 6:10b

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth,[by resurrection] he liveth unto God.

The Life He now lives He lives unto God, and corresondinly, when one is begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead, the words begotten again means :

to have one's mind changed[repentance] so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

That's also were repentance , a change of Mind , comes from. That's why Peter writes that the Risen Christ gives Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Peter is speaking of what He wrote in 1 Pet 1:3 ! So that's how those Jesus Christ died for are by Him given a New Life to serve God with, or to now Live unto God, now see the correlation that has with Rom 6:10b

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

That's why the Bible Teaches that the Death of Christ saves those He died for from their sins. Its impossible for Christ to have died for anyone and it not effect their Resurrection from the Spiritually dead by New Birth !.

By it, His Resurrection from the dead, it causes those He died for to be born again as Per the ESV Translation 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Folks this is the Truth of the Gospel, if Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures and was raised again the third day according to the scriptures 1 Cor 15:3-4, a scripture like this one would apply Isa 26:19

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

This is talking about Christ's Body, remember this Jn 2:19-21

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Also Hos 6:2

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

So scripture states clearly that those whom Christ for shall be Born Again, If we do not sometime in our lifetime, be begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead, then He did not die and raise again for our Justification, we had no interest in His Death, Nor Resurrection at all !!!

4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    It makes men alive to God !

Did you know that Life comes out of Death ? Christ's Death makes them He died for alive unto God. Jesus said here Jn 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

24 I tell you for certain that a grain of wheat that falls on the ground will never be more than one grain unless it dies. But if it dies, it will produce lots of wheat.

Remember the parable of the wheat and tares Matt 13, remember who sowed the Wheat or the Good Grain Matt 13:37-38

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed[Wheat] is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed[Wheat] are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

The Wheat is produced by the Corn of Wheat that died in Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily I say unto you, unless a grain of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The fruit are the many lives of the wheat or the Children of the Kingdom, that shall be harvested. Matt 13:30

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Again, Christ's Death, causes them He died for to be made alive unto God, the Truth behind what Paul teaches here Rom 6:6-11

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    It makes men alive to God ! 2

Now what people have failed to understand is that all what Christ came here to do by His Birth, Life and Death, and Resurrection, this was not for Himself as an Individual private person, not it was He as a Covenant Head and Sponsor , in other words it was as in an engagement in fulfilling for others their requited obligations to God in Keeping His Law as well as reparation for the violations of His Law they have already incurred, to pay their due to God's Justice ! This was not for all mankind, but for a chosen people given Him by Father in Eternity Past Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Now knowing this Paul writes to the Romans, to all that be at Rome Called Rom 1:7, and for all whom Christ died, because of their representative Union with Him in the Eternal Purpose of God and Election, that what they were by nature [Eph 2:2-3] has been Crucified with Christ, at the same time together with Him, for the purpose that the body of sin might be destroyed, in other words, that was their death, in the death of deaths, our destruction because of our sins.

God's Law and Justice has been completely Satisfied for them, He made an end of our sins Daniel 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Its to the End that they might now be made alive to God, never to serve sin again. Also verse "7 For he that is dead is freed from sin."

Rom 6:7

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. This word freed in the original means Justified also it means:

I.to render righteous or such he ought to be

II.to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

III.to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

BTW He that is dead in the verse simply means he that Christ died for, for all died with Him when He died as their representative 2 Cor 5:14

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

And by that, they were Justified Rom 6:7 This proves that those Christ died for are Justified by His Death alone, without their believing act, that shall come later !

Their Justification by His Death alone is a Legal reality.

And it is because of the complete destruction of our body of sin, all the sins we would ever commit against God in our bodies, we are now made alive to serve God, and not to serve sin again Rom 6:6

Now understand, we do serve sin when we seek Justification by our works, our doings, That's what Jesus meant to the very religious Pharisees here Jn 8:34

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

So Rom 6 is all an legal reality that Paul is teaching because of our death with Christ ! Who and what we are in Adam as pertaining to our constant sinning in the flesh, even now, that has been destroyed, there is no more destruction from the Lord due to it ! 19

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Life out of Death !

1 Cor 15:36

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Many today in false religion, and in their opposition to the True Religion from above, and in their attack against the saving death of Christ, they do say, that its not the death of Christ that saves anyone, but that its His Life, and then ignorantly point to Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

To give support to their deceit; however nowhere in this text does it state " The death of Christ saves no one " that is fabricated but yes it does state clearly, that "we shall be saved by His Life " Yet it never states or imply that the death of Christ does not save anyone, but it does say some where reconciled to God, while being enemies, by the Death of Christ, and such a statement as "that the death of Christ does not save anyone" is a most horrible blasphemy, and can only proceed from a corrupt and depraved heart !

Now the blessed fact of the matter is, that Christ's death, blood does save them He died for Rev 5:9 To be redeemed unto God by His Blood is a testimony to that, and Christ's Resurrection from the dead is another evidence to that fact. His Resurrection from the dead is living proof that the giving of His Life for a ransom Matt 20:28, destroys death and gives life , which resurrection is a proof of. Its as of the same result as put forth here in our text 1 Cor 15:36; because without His Death, there is no quickening from the dead, no reproduction. If Christ's Death did not save us out of death, in that it abolished death, then there would not have been any resurrection, for His Death destroyed the power of the devil, not His Resurrection, that was evidence or testification of what His Death done or accomplished.

There would have not been any quickening from the dead as Per Eph 2:5, hence we were saved by His Grace, the Grace of Him Tasting Death ! 19