1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Baby Borrowers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PamelaK, Jun 26, 2008.

1. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

A show about kids having to take care of someone elses kids.
    For one, I'm not handing out my child to teenagers, especially teens I don't know.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Thing is, if these children had younger brothers and sisters, they wouldn't "need" to borrow someone elses baby to understand the concept of parenthood!

Aside from that, the author of the blog is correct. Kids can't have a perspective on having children without PARENTS who have perspective on having children. And there wouldn't be a show at all if there weren't so many children out there who are basically raising themselves.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Why, because they've already been parenting someone elses's kids?

Must not have older syblings.

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Thanks for giving me reason #857,584,393,939,939.1 why I won't subscribe to public television.

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Uh no. Because they would've seen good parenting modeled in front of them but applied to someone other than them.

And yes, they would have practical experience in what it means to look after the day to day needs of a younger child. Children who are close in age or only children don't get that sort of experience any more.

7. TLB

TLB New Member

no, because they would have been able to see what good parenting looks like.:thumbs:

must be one of a family of a few children, with parents that cultivate an atmosphere of selfishness. :BangHead:

or...they could be like me...an only child who's parents were never around.

as far as the OP...i don't like the thoughts of teens who have never been around young children just being handed a baby/child for any length of time. for the record...i don't use baby sitters that are teens. if i have to leave my children with anyone it is cindi, ms judy, ms phyllis or my husband (and i soooooooooo don't consider my husband *aka daddy* a babysitter. my parents are used as a very last resort unless they ask to have the children over.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

So raising my children myself and not pushing it off on others is selfishness?
    Yah, well, good luck on that one. Cus it don't float.

9. TLB

TLB New Member

no, raising your children yourself isn't going to breed selfishness unless you were their maid and not their mother. did your children not ever help each other do anything growing up?

10. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

I have seen a lot of mothers and fathers that treat their children as slaves and make them do all the hands on work. Yes, children need to learn how to do things so they can take on great responsibility when they are older, but a mother and father should NEVER stop doing the things needed to run the house and turn it over to their children. Such situations makes me want to vomit!

11. TLB

TLB New Member

shane...you have a very valid point here...could you please move this post to the
    "be fruitful and multiply" posts?

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1253563&posted=1#post1253563

:wavey: what i am talking about isn't a handing over of responsibility's....it is working through the day in a manner that everyone is involved in the running of the house...all aspects of it...working together for the good of the family...not just the good of any one person.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

I never once said children should do nothing, or should not help each other, should have no chores. This is more then once now you have made up something I did not say.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

What I have been describing, that you've been defending is handing over responsibiblities. Working together for the good of the family is one thing, giving parental responsibibities to children so mom doesn't ahve to do anything is for the good of one person, mom.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

This is the kind of situations I have been trying to describe.

15. nunatak

nunatak New Member

I AM NOT ALONE. YESSSSS!

16. Joe

Joe New Member

Oh, no! Here she goes again :rolleyes:

:smilewinkgrin:

17. Joe

Joe New Member

We have a 24 hr crisis nursery in our County. People who are having a really hard time can drop their children off for up to 2 days or so. Identities are not revealed to CPS so it's very safe.

They seem to always need volunteers, but that may not make as good a show.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

I wonder, how do we know this teens in the tv show do not have younger syblings? We really have no idea.