1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The bad news & the Great news

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, Oct 20, 2008.

1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

-THE BAD NEWS-
    The bad news is, our economy is crashing!
    For 75 years(since 1933), the economy of the United States, has been being kept afloat, artificially.

And for about the last 25 years, greed has been siphoning productivity from our artificial prosperity, to the point now that there is almost noone, left to steal from.

Today, we experience sticker shock, every time we go to the Grocery store. As a result, we are all buying less. Therefore our local, county and state Governments, are all being put in a bind, because of the lower tax revenue.

I am not an economist, but things are looking very bad.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This is a world wide crises.
    For the first time in modern history, the governments of every major nation, are having to work together, to keep this artificial prosperity, moving.

What the united nations, hasn’t been able to do politically, since there inception in 1948;
    (Man’s love of money, is accomplishing in record time:)

-And that is, “a one world government”.-

-THE GREAT NEWS-
    We as Christians, have always known, that a “one world government”, was going to come to pass, we just didn’t know when.

All my Christian life, I have wondered, how there could possibly every be, a “one world government”, that would turn against Israel, if America was still a super power?
    Well, every day, the United States, loses a little more of it’s sovereignty.

The kind of world, that the Bible describes the anti-Christ taking over, is coming more and more into focus.

-CONCLUSION-
    It is easy, for us to become discouraged, as we see hard times on the horizon.
    But what does the Lord say?..........
    And

#1 stilllearning, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
  2. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

And this is where we need to lean on the Lord now more than ever this is where its important to make budgets and stick to those budgets and plan and stick to those plans. I am a single of mom of almost 3 kids and I am amazed but thanks to budgeting and planning and of course the Lord's blessing we are doing better financially then I was when I was married. Its just a matter of living within your means.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rapture, she is just around the corner!! My biased opinion granted, but all the indicators seem to point that way.

Yep, soon's the liberals take over, Israel will be sacrificed upon the altar of political correctness and the US of A will then be a part of that group that God addresses as "--and those that curse Israel, will I curse!"

Maran Atha!!!!

4. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here we go again.

Albert Barnes:
    Luk_21:28
    Your redemption draweth nigh -
    See the notes at Mat_24:33. This is expressed in Luk_21:31 thus: "the kingdom of God is nigh at hand" - that is, from that time God will signally build up his kingdom. It shall be fully established when the Jewish policy shall come to an end; when the temple shall be destroyed, and the Jews scattered abroad. Then the power of the Jews shall be at an end; they shall no longer be able to persecute you, and you shall be completely delivered from all these trials and calamities in Judea.

Mat 24:33
    So likewise ye ... - In the same manner, when you see what I have predicted the "signs" around Jerusalem - then know that its destruction is at hand,

Since the rapture is right around the corner could you send me all your money?

5. Kevin M

Kevin M Member

I don't see the economy crashing around here and the only thing
    I see crashing on t.v is the Stock Market. If you want to call being
    down about 30% a crash.

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

No but I do plan on running up an incredible amount of debt I don't plan on repaying. Would you like to loan me some money?

Spend it all and a little more, we can't take it with us.
    Think I'll order double dessert and take up smoking, after all this body doesn't have to last much longer.

7. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Tell that to the man who has worked at the same place for over ten years and scraped his way up and was to get a HUGE promotion this month, only to be told that it isn't going to happen because of the economy. The same man who supports his wife who stays home with their three children. Tell that to the same man who was told by his employer it would be in his best interest if he went ahead and worked for a BS in Criminal Justice so he sunk thousands into that only to find out with five classes left it isn't going to matter one bit.

You might think the economy is doing wonderful, but tell it to the people who are actually being affected by this.

If Obama gets in I don't know what will happen, but it won't be good...

8. Kevin M

Kevin M Member

Things like this happen all the time,some years more than others.
    It doesn't indicate the economy is crashing.

I never said or thought this.

9. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Some of the comments that this post is receiving, seem to be along the lines of “scoffing”.
    (Saying that I am making too big of a deal out of this.)

But what does the Bible say.......
    This seems to me, to be a rather dangerous thing to do.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sure enough, it’s very irresponsible turn your back on life’s responsibilities, and to sit back and wait for the Lord’s return;

But it’s “unbelief”, to totally ignore, “the signs of he times”.