1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The "begats"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ChristineES, Mar 26, 2006.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Genesis 2:21-23 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

</font>[/QUOTE]
    A good point Hope of Glory, as God did bring the woman to Adam, but there were no laws so this could not be a civil ceremony. Also we see the Father bringing to His son a woman, and I’ll probably get flack over this, but this is what the Word tells us. If God had named the woman Eve, I would not be as adamant here, for the Father would have brought His daughter with a “brand” name and presented her to Adam, but a “generic” is brought, and Adam is to name his own wife. The directive is given ”a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” There are two parts to a “legal” marriage to become husband and wife. First the man must give up his former life, breaking away to form his own family. Even if they live with family, the man has brought his woman into his dwelling place to care for, and take her as wife. Next without going into detail advises in the marriage “act” they will become one flesh. The “covenant”, or marriage is complete. The marriage God intended of course is the one of “blood covenant”.

But to have “wife”, he must forsake all others, as only the two can bring into existence one, starting a new family. I believe these two criteria must be met to form a legal and acceptable marriage to society. For the “one event”, a marriage is made of them becoming one, but not a wife, for no family will come of it, unless the man decides to make her his “wife”.
    I see a presentation, or a stamp of approval for Adam and his woman that he will make wife, to do so with the blessing of God, and all who follow are without sin that follow the given pattern. And when followed a man taking his virgin, leaving his former life, becomes one family of husband and wife.
    I believe it is the marriage act. That is what Paul tells us as we become one with a harlot. I can not dispute His Word. The only time “fornication” is “acceptable” marriage in the eyes of God, is at the time when the man takes his virgin, but does not leave father and mother to make a family, but will do so. But as with "common law wife" If they stay true to each other they are as married as any that go through a formal ceremony. But they have no legal protection for themselves, or their children as a family. They are married, but have not made it legal. Of course these last two are dangerous business, if one is not really committed to stay the course.

Christian faith, itutut

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member