1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Best Kaw-fee

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by rlvaughn, Dec 16, 2018.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Picked up something new at World Market. Never seen or tried this before.
    [​IMG]

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Waiting on the review. :Coffee

• Like Like x 1
  3. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I will mention that the picture I pasted above is a medium roast, but I bought a dark roast. I'm not a coffee connoisseur who can describe the different delicacies of the smell and flavor. But: 1) I liked it; it is good. 2) it might be fair to describe it as having a faintly nutty flavor. It made me think of pecan roast, but not as strong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, a Christmas gift reminded of another coffee I like, but don't find locally. I have been to two restaurants who serve Douwe Egbert coffee, and really like it. Here is a picture below, but I don't know which exact roast they serve, just that it is Douwe Egbert.

[​IMG]

This is an European company. There web site is HERE.

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have tried all kinds of coffee. Expensive, super expensive, ultra expensive. My favorite coffee, BY FAR, is Choc Full O Nuts breakfast blend. I buy it in bulk and get it very cheap. $4 for one of the big cans.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to change the topic too much but I recall a funny story about too pricey of a drink. I am presenting it the way it was told to me. A guy I used to work with ("Michael") went to a very expensive restaurant in Las Vegas with his wife to celebrate their anniversary. This man likes his whiskey. Before dinner, he enjoyed two shots of Glenlivet 12, a Scottish single malt. After they were seated the waiter came to their table to take their drink order. Michael was intrigued by a single malt scotch on the menu called Balvenie 50. Balvenie 50 is a rare 50-year-old single malt whiskey that is distilled in Dufftown, Scotland. Keep in mind that this was one of those restaurants that did not have prices on the menu. He said the waiter gave him a very odd look and left the table. A few minutes later the restaurant's sommelier came to the table to confirm that Michael wanted the Balvenie 50. He then got the shock of his life. The sommelier said to him, "Sir, just to inform you the market price for 1.5 ounces of Balvenie 50 is $680. Are you planning on just one serving this evening?" It turns out that, if you can find one, a bottle of Balvenie 50 can cost up to $50,000. Michael was stunned but he kept his game face on. Here was his opportunity to decline and save himself a small fortune. Unfortunately, his pride got the best of him. He said, "I never have more than one drink with dinner. One serving will be fine." After the waiter and the sommelier left the table, Michael's wife shot him daggers with her eyes. A few minutes later the sommelier comes over with this huge bottle of Balvenie 50 rolled on a table and secured in an oak case. With pomp and ceremony, the sommelier poured the 50-year-old whiskey into a special glass reserved only for that drink. Michael said the whiskey was exquisite. He also said that the lecture he received from his wife after dinner was less than exquisite.

The lesson? If there are no prices on the menu...beware!

• Funny Funny x 1