1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Best team after the All Star break is...

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Jul 19, 2007.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Tigers. Yeah I am biased, but just look at the numbers the bullpen is putting up now and it looks as if the woes of the first half are long gone. Not to mention that Zoomer and Rodney are coming back, Motown could run away with the central division.

Go Tigers!!

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Since I don't remember exactly, weren't the Tigers in first place or only a game or so out at the All-Star break? And they are still there and leading by two games? That doesn't sound to me exactly like a runaway. Just sounds like a good team currently playing consistently well, to me. In fact, haven't the always irritating Yankees played better since the A/S Break than anyone, making up more ground, if not, at least about on the same par as the Tigers? I am not sure, I admit, for I do not follow baseball all that closely any more, on a day to day basis. To show you that I don't follow, I have no clue who either Zoomer or Rodney, actually are, at all. And I could not name you over half the Braves starters, my favorite team, in the past. I'll try - two Joneses, Renteria, McCann, and Smoltz as a starter. That's it, for me, these days. I just do not know any others, at all.

Ed

#2 EdSutton, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I am a bit more cautious. The Indians have an easy schedule the next few weeks. I expect it to stay close. I think they will finish within 5 games of each other. I think the Twins might be out of it, esp. if Hunter is out for awhile.

I actually hope the Yankees make the playoffs, because they do not scare me at all. They are not a playoff team - no pitching. The Red Sox and Angels would be more formidable opponents in the playoffs.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I do not see the Tigers running away with the division at all. I think it is going to be a dog fight the rest of the year between them and the Indians.

In the NL, the Cubs are looking awful good right now as they chase down the Brewers. I just do not see the Brewers being able to keep playing as well as they did the first half. I think the Cubs have every chance in the world to catch them and win the division, especially now that Zambrano is pitching so well with 12 wins.

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

A Tigers-Cubs would be a great World Series, wouldn't it? It would be a rematch of 1907, 1908, 1935 and 1945. They are tied 2-2.

6. PastorSBC1303

I would love to see a Tigers and Cubs World Series...

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You'd love to see a Cubs against anybody World Series, I should think. :wavey:

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I want to see the Cubbies in the series, and a Cubs/Tigers series would be a good one. Sorry Andy, I'm with PastorSBC here.

9. Jaaaman

Jaaaman New Member

I feel the Texas Rangers have been playing good baseball as of late... especially right before the All-Star game.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It was on ESPN that the Yankees have the best record since July...not the Tigers.

11. Jaaaman

Jaaaman New Member

The Texas Rangers had the most wins in baseball in the preceding weeks before the All-Star break.

12. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Do you mean that you would root for the Cubs? I think anyone who is not a Tiger fan would be rooting for the Cubs. It would be great Series.

13. PastorSBC1303

:laugh: Very true!

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yeah, I'd be rooting for the Cubs. WGN made me root for the Cubs (when they didn't play the Reds) as a kid. Stuck with me.

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

(Duplicate post deleted)

#15 4His_glory, Jul 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

You all are just a bunch of Detroit haters thats all. The reason I think they CAN (note the use of the word "can" I didn't say they will) run away with the central division is because they are the best built team in the central to do so. Cleavend I believe will hit some bumps in the road and not that the Tigers couldnĀ“t but I believe that the probability is lower.
    So much for the Twins catching up again btw, they just got swept this week.

Hey Andy, thats almost as good as destroying the Metrodome no?

17. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Yes, that was sweet revenge. Somehow the Twins' luck has left them and floated over to the Indians. The Indians are the luckiest team this year. They are playing way over their heads. In reality, they are a .525 team, not .600. The Tigers should be 7-8 games up on them right now.

18. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Yeah, Andy T., I agree. There must be, or is already, a giant 'everlasting spiritual conspiracy' that keeps on keeping the 'unlucky' Tigers from gettin' to win the World Series, what they really deserve, each and every year! :rolleyes:

Give the 'homie' bit a bit of a rest! He's tired, by now! : - / or [​IMG] {Scowl}

Ed

#18 EdSutton, Jul 20, 2007
  19. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Naw!! Say it isn't so, Ethel!!

Ed

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Indians are GOING to hit some bumps?!? The entire first half has been one big bump! Our #5 wonder kid phenom from last year Jeremy Sowers was awful, and demoted to AAA. Travis Hafner spent the ENTIRE first half in a slump. Jake Westbrook and Cliff Lee spent months on the DL, and have struggled since. Barfield has had a hard time adjusting to the AL. Even Grady Sizemore is having a rough season (.270). Our projected 3B starter, Andy Marte (top prospect in the organization) was demoted, and will most likely stay there the entire season, or be traded.

All of this, and we are still only 1 - 2 games out of first. Imagine if Hafner was having a Hafnerian season, and our starting pitching and daily lineup turned out as expected. We would be up 6 - 10 games!

#20 webdog, Jul 20, 2007