1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Bible is Preserved in Japanese

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by John of Japan, Oct 15, 2020.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The inspiration and the preservation of Scripture only pertains to the Japanese Motoyaku version (元訳). The Motoyaku says so in Prov. 30:5, 神の言はみないさぎよし神は彼を頼むものの盾なり。That proves it beyond the shadow of a doubt. If you can't read this, tough. You don't have the Word of God in your language. And you should learn to read classical Japanese if you really want to know what God says.

You see, God loves the Japanese people over all people groups on the whole Earth. And He invented the Japanese language especially for the Word of God to be translated into it in a perfect way. The Motoyaku is perfect above any originals. Call me MYO--Motoyaku Only.

:D

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    IT's NOT FAIR!!!! The Army sent me to Germany - NOT Japan!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come to think of it - John the (first) Baptist does look Japanese

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Anon1379

Anon1379 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pffft the last two words of Psalms 16:11 are "for evermore". Obviously referring to the king james. So kjv perfect not your mongrel imperfect japanese Bible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you show in Scripture (Chapter & Verse) where this is referring to the King James 1762 version (that is the one you use)

Or is that verse referring to :

A) Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD)

B) Wycliffe 1380

C) Tyndalle 1494

D) John Colet 1496,

E) Miles Coverdale, Biblia: the Byble, that is, the holy Scrypture of the Olde and New Testament, faithfully translated out of Douche and Latyn in to Englishe. 1535

F) Coverdale Bible, 1535.

G) Great Bible, 1539.

H) Great Bible 1540

I) The Newe Testamente Faythfully Translated 1550

J) Tyndale's New Testament, 1550 the Bishops Bible 1568

K) Geneva Bible. 1560

L) Church of England The Holy Byble 1578

M) Church of England, The Bible: Translated According to the Ebrewe and Greeke 1585

N) Geneva Bible, 1585.

O) on. Robert Aitken’s Bible only Bible authorized by the United States Congress. 1782

and YES - these listed above are valid English translations.
    English Bible translation history

and # 2 -- Do you know the meaning of facetious? (at least I hope I translated that properly from Japanesee)

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some folks need "special" explanations, bro.

7. Anon1379

Anon1379 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "2 -- Do you know the meaning of facetious?"

I feel I need to ask you the same question.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly, I do know the definition - evidently you do not.

9. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tough. Suck it up and learn classical Japanese. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Classical Japanese is a beautiful language, and easy to understand for those who know it. Plus, it eschews punctuation, just like the original Hebrew and Greek mss. did. Punctuation just gets in the way of understanding. The reader should be able to supply his or her own punctuation, just like they did in the original Hebrew and Greek. This makes classical Japanese way the superior language.

Why in the world would God choose a messy language like English? It not only has punctuation, it has so many exceptions. A body can't tell if you are coming and going with English. I mean, just look at the spelling. Is it "too," "to," or "two"???? Do you get those three right all the time? And "I before e except after c...." What's that about? Would God really choose a language so hard to spell? If a body can only be saved through the English Bible, so much the worse. God then would have put up a huge barrier to people getting saved. Pity on the poor Thai or Chinese or Japanese trying to get saved if they have to learn English first. God is not so cruel as to make them learn English to get saved. He loves saving souls.

Classical Japanese is so easy to spell. You just learn the two Japanese alphabets (46 characters each) and several thousand Chinese characters, and the spelling takes care of itself. The only thing you have to watch out for is that you get the right Chinese character. (Is it 協会, or 教会, or 境界, all pronounced the same?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go! It's as plain as the too-large nose on your American face.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove that the Motoyaku is imperfect. You can't, because you can't read it. Admit it. :Whistling

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I know you're just trolling us.
    :Roflmao

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who, little old me? :X3

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Anon1379

Anon1379 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah ikr. Like God inspired the punctuation in the kjv now this dude trying to tell us it don't matter. What's next is he gonna tell us the world is round or something

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, then, in my humble but correct opinion, if you had the gift of tongues you would understand classical Japanese. But apparently you don't, so tough luck.:p

Well, now, numerology. Check this number out: 九百九十九。If you can't read it, what can I say. You don't know numerology as it should be learned--in Japanese! But, if you are spiritual, perhaps you can look at it closely and make a guess.

17. Anon1379

Anon1379 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well now you bring out some solid and interesting points. But I know exactly how to answer those.

No u.

#17 Anon1379, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  18. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just look at this beautiful truth in the 元訳 :うれ神ハうの生きたまへり独り子を賜ほどふ世の人を愛し給えり此ハすべて彼を信ずる者ふ亡ること無くして生命(かぎりなきいのち)を受けめんが為なり (If you couldn't read it, tough. learn Classical Japanese.) Anyone want to guess what this verse is in your inferior English?

Now, make sure you pronounce that one word like I have it in parentheses. They did a revision of just the NT in 1917 that got everything wrong, the 文語訳 (Classical Japanese Bible), and they changed that word. Fortunately, they kept the OT the same, but really messed with the NT. For one thing, they changed a lot of pronunciations, like the one I just mentioned. Japanese Bibles have "ruby marks" to help with pronunciation, called furigana. They totally changed the furigana on this verse. Furthermore, they changed some Chinese characters, like from 亡 (perish) to 滅 (destroy). Awful!!! :mad:

19. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, note also that Japanese reads right to left, just like Hebrew. That makes it much more likely to be right than English which, sadly enough, reads left to right. This software is defective, so it would not let me write the above verses right to left, as they should be. But then, the software was probably coded by arrogant Americans, so there you have it. :Coffee

20. Anon1379

Anon1379 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm you know what you got me convinced. I can suddenly read japanese now. I'ma start teaching that this is the only version now. Anybody who disagrees is not saved or a heretic.

• Funny Funny x 1