1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Bible says a lot of things

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Matt Janes, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm still waiting for you honest folk to put up scripture that says the bible is the final and only authority.

2. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    @utilyan
    I'm amazed. I've been to many Christian websites for years.

I've never seen a defender of the faith who does it as well as you.

To say I'm extremely impressed, is an understatement! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My old man; my dad. I thought that's what you meant when you asked, "What do you call your father? chuck"?

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

I just wanted to hear you call him Dad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, so we have Matt and Matt who agrees with Utilyan's post which declare a person can reject the Lord Jesus Christ and still be saved by their good works. Are there any other's here who also believe this?

6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It wasn't a book which was delivered, it was the "faith', the "truth", which is salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ which was spread by preaching. Jesus did not just write a book and say here, read this, go figure it out for yourselves and you are saved. St. Paul did not just write a book either, he went out and preached as did the other Apostles. The compilation of the New Testament was an afterthought, collected by the leaders of the new Christian Church for further enlightenment and study after the principal players were gone.

#126 Adonia, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The only thing you have is your interpretation of the Scriptures as you argue against the Universal Church and it's authority. Every institution on this earth has it's leaders with legal authority, so why would Christ ordain anything different for His church here on earth?

When St. Paul was writing his letters to the "other" churches, he was using his authority to admonish them, to tell them to get with the program. He was part of the CENTRAL authority of the new Christian Church, an authority which continued on into the future after he was gone through the authority of the ordained episcopate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. utilyan

Site Supporter

Speak up folks, Steaver needs a concentration camp list.

Liar always gotta lie.

I said acceptance is defined by Christ not by you. Nor do I believe salvation by works.

Listen hear ACCUSER.

I'm still waiting for you to put up scripture that says the bible is the final and only authority.

You do not follow the bible. You make up unbiblical rules.

I gave scripture for all those challenges.

Where is your scripture to for your FAKE RULE? How dare you insult God by adding Fake RULES.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you have me mixed up with someone else. Our discussion has been about Jesus preaching He is the Son of God and one believing it makes no difference, people can believe He is or not, their good works will save them.

I had a long discussion with a Catholic on the topic of Sola Scriptura once and he became frustrated that he could not prove the Catholic Church was given any kind of Authority over the interpretations of the Scriptures. He kinda did the same as you do, trying to demand a Scripture that states Sola Scripture, but when it was turned on him to provide a Scripture which states his RCC has authority over the scriptures he could not, because of course it cannot be defended from the Scriptures.

What really proves the RCC has no authority to interpret scripture is played out here on these types of forums everyday. Just look at the twisted views Catholics hold to and preach. Catholics have transgressed further into apostasy over the years. when I began studying scripture 20 years ago the main difference between Catholics and Christians on salvation was the Sacraments. It use to be the Catholics taught there was NO salvation apart from being a Catholic. Then that was softened to you did not have to be a Catholic but you had to trust in Jesus Christ or be lost. And now today it has transgressed into you do not even have to trust in Jesus Christ, just do some good deeds.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well this is easy to clear up...

Can a person reject the Lord Jesus Christ, reject He is the Son of God, and still be saved by their good works? Yes or No and then you can post any text to support your answer. (Yes or No clarifies your position without question, posting scripture can be abused or out of context)

• Like Like x 1
  11. utilyan

Site Supporter

I'm not Catholic today.

I'm just a Bible Believing Christian who is upset with your desecration of the Holy Scriptures.

Namely your claim that the bible plainly states that scripture is the only and final authority.

Show me where it says SCRIPTURE is the ONLY AND FINAL AUTHORITY.

It shouldn't be a problem since you say you have a verse chapter and verse.

Do you need to borrow someone's bible? some glasses maybe?

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I ask because I am trying to understand if this teaching that one can reject the Lord Jesus Christ and still be saved by their good works is RCC wide or just a few rogue Catholics here on this board.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I made no such claim on this thread. We could begin a thread on it if you like. Our discussion here has been concerning salvation by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, which you claim is not necessary. One only need good works.

14. utilyan

Site Supporter

No.

Those are easy question so long as Hitler or You don't provide false implications which nullify the truth.

PLUS, you could have worded your trap better.

Paul for example was saved not only while rejecting Jesus, but actively murdering christians and hunting them down.

Paul is a perfect example of ZERO FAITH, ZERO WORKS, get God intervenes, his intervention is an act of mercy, this saved Paul not anything Paul DID or Believe.

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

Steaver beating your wife is not proper christianity. Why do you teach this?

Have you stop beating your wife today?

Loaded questions and misrepresentations.

No one can go to heaven rejecting Jesus, And works are not the cause of salvation.

Maybe you could remember my stance if you stop smoking crack.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh, that is what we call Calvinism. So you are a Catholic Calvinist??

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wonderful! Now you can stop saying the Muslim and the Jew which rejects the Lord Jesus Christ is saved by their good works. You could have just said so to begin with.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How have I misrepresented you? Do you believe Jews and Muslims who reject the Lord Jesus Christ are still going to be saved as long as they love others and do good works?

19. utilyan

Site Supporter

No. Paul wasn't given respect for being elect or being a reprobate. He tells us he was shown mercy for being IGNORANT.

If you win a cake you still have to eat it.

So #1 requirement for being saved........is you NEED to be saved.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you think Paul meant by this ignorance? Paul knew the Gospel message. Paul knew Christians followed Jesus as the Son of God, which is why he hunted them down and killed them, for worshiping Jesus as God. So what was Paul ignorant of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.