1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Birth and Nature of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

cowboymatt, is not your calling Eliyahu a'classless jerk' breaking BB rules?

You don't have much room to accuse Eliyahu of breaking a rule when three of your own fingers are pointing back at yourself.

As to the changing of the page, Eliyahu's link did go to a different page. I clicked it right after he had posted it.

Having worked on web pages, I know about reassigning addresses to pages.

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PLeading with mystery

Egg is the flesh. This portion is very much important that reveals the contradiction and problems.

Joseph's lineage is as much important as that of Mary ( if Luke 3 is her genealogy).

Without his righteousness, Jesus could not come as the descendant of David, as he could have put her away.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

As I said , there are moderators and he is busy making personal attacks himself.
    You never had respect in the first place.
    you complain the rules are not enforced, yet complained when the rules were defended.
    I did not defend anyone, I defended the standing rules of the BB.
    Each post has a report button if you feel it violates rules then report it.
    But which rule can you show it violates, when your wife is not a member here.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I don't believe you can say this about the genealogy found in Luke. It is not said that these here are "begotten", unlike that of Matthew. You might also notice that "the son of" appears throughout the genealogy. It is italicized in the KJV and NKJV; properly bracketed in the DARBY and HCSB; and completely omitted in the WYC and YLT, because "the son" does not occur in the Greek texts, here. So this cannot be said to be a "blood genealogy", per se.
    I believe you are overlooking the curse pronounced by the LORD on Jeconiah, (Jer. 22:30) where it is said that no man of his seed should sit on the throne. Yet this is the precise lineage given in Matthew, where the 'throne lineage' is given following David. Hence if the Lord Jesus Christ had in any way been of the seed of Jeconiah (Matt. 1:11), He too, would have been disqualified in this. The Lord Jesus gets the rights to the Throne of David through His legal father, Joseph. However he is the seed of David, through Mary and Heli, back through Nathan, to the throne, and thus avoiding the curse on Jeconiah.

Ed

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Hang in there Cowboy. Life is not fair, and neither are some moderators. You have too much to offer this list to leave. I for one have appreciated your posts.

6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Made lower doesn't mean that He became a sinner to die.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

ann=
    I'd like to have ann explain this.

8. standingfirminChrist

Contrary to the fact that Scripture does not back them.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Luke 3: 23being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph

they suposed He was Jospeh's son, becasue He was born to Joseph's wife, but it says they suposed, meaning they thought so, but it wasn't so.
    Luke 3 appears to be the geneology of Joseph, and it actually says Joseph.

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Joseph's lineage means absolutely as much as that of Mary. For Joseph is not "a stepfather", but the "legal father" of Jesus. Had Joseph not been of the line of David, through Jeconiah, there would have been none to sit on the throne of David. Jesus had to be of the lineage of Jeconiah, but without being of the Seed of Jeconiah. (Jer. 22:30)

Ed

11. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may call me Jerk or Junk and it doesn't matter. But I didn't spend much time with your site, and found that it has many buttons to click. Even now I am not sure which button I clicked, but I thought all buttons on your site was belonging to you. I had no intention to criticize your wife, but just had the curiosity on your web site and the feeling about it was unChristian like. I didn't raise this issue to attack you at all, but when you asked me in detail I could not but answer your question, since I just commented the general principles and the manner of managing the Forum. If I had volunteered to criticize your site, then I could have been blamed justly. Otherwise, your attitude revealed another problem with your personality- quick to anger.

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heavenly Pilgrim
    HP: Yes in a sense all born subsequent to Adam are of the seed of women, but the genealogies given are not that of Mary but rather are stated clearly to be that of Joseph.

HP: I suppose I am just gullible in this mater, for I believe it is indeed a genuine blood genealogy and the translators made a good choice by their insertion of ‘the son of.’
    Quote:
    HP: If Gabriel had said that any one would be brought forth by a man that indeed would be reason to question the angel. There is absolutely no indication that the seed of Abraham, through David through Joseph was not precisely the lineage Christ’s seed came from. There is not one Scriptural mention of the lineage of David being that of Mary or that Mary’s lineage would in any way make Christ the rightful heir to David’s throne that I can find.

HP: No, I do not believe I am. That is a good topic though that we have raised before but need to raise again. Last time as I remember the topic fell on mainly dead ears with little response. Possibly it will be different this time around. I will say this much, that there is more than one viable option which would offer it mute on the impact of the genealogy, or show that indeed it had been set aside. We can go into detail later as time permits.

13. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

I am on the verge of leaving and not coming back. You can thank Eliyahu and his twin defenders sfiC and donnA.

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Did you miss what I previoulsy posted here? I'll repeat part of it, and 'bold' it.

Do you see what I am saying?

Ed

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If you feel you have to leave, why not just make it a ‘short sabbatical’ with a quick return?:thumbs:

16. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

You're wrong. I did not change it, nor would I know how to. He linked to my wife's page and then proceeded to attack her. It is clear as day, especially since my myspace does not contain one reference to Halloween at all. You're wrong, Eliyahu linked to her page.

Edit--someone posted a Happy Halloween animated gif as a comment on my page. That still doesn't mean that he did not link to her page.

#316 cowboymatt, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  17. standingfirminChrist

Luke 3:23 And Jhesu hym silf was bigynninge as of thritti yeer, that he was gessid the sone of Joseph, which was of Heli, -- Wycliffe

I pointed out this earlier. Joseph was guessed to be Jesus' father, not that he was.... thanx, Ed.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

whatever dude, rules are rules. and your wife was never mentioned.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

I can only go with what it actually says.

20. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before your departure, please accept my apology if I offended you too much. But to some extend we may be hurt each other for awhile.
    But the basic principle is that we all need some more patience and I didn't try to make any specific attack in this case. Certain general advice could have been exchanged I believe. I had a certain feelings and impressions on all posters and could not but answer the details when I was asked. However, again please accept my apology if I hurt you in un-christian way. BTW, you can participate again any time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.