1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Birth and Nature of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

Her page was linked to, clearly, and then she was run through the mud. How is that fair or good or defendable?

2. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

Thanks. Sure thing.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Is there a link on your site to your wife's? Which to me would normal if it was. If it is does it says it's your wife?

4. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

Does it matter? How would you expect me to react when a link is posted that when clicked on leads to my wife's myspace?

And of course my wife is in my list of friends.

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to invite you all to another thread " Word became Flesh" after closing this thread. UNtil this thread is closed, you may not participate there.

That thread is titled that way so that we may deal with this matter from another angle.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

again,
    1. is there a link on your page to your wife's? then thats what he clicked on and linked too.
    2. how did he know it was your wife's?
    3. as i said, i defended the rules of the bb.
    4. look around, people who are not members are constantly run down, and it is not breaking ruels. (religeous leaders, political leader, famous people, others not in the public eye).

#326 donnA, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  7. donnA

donnA Active Member

If it doesn't say it was your wife, how was he supose to know?

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your acceptance. I was born 2 times before you were born.

I was born again 3 days before my D-Day for the Suicide. I prepared Explosive Dynamite with my own invented ignition system, and wanted to check the final answer from God, then I was asked by a pastor to read Galatians 2:20, at that time I realized I died already at the Cross and do not need to blow up myself. I experimented the Dynamite under the persimmon tree and it blew out the tree and the explosive was successful.
    I decided to do it because I found the whole world was too much corrupted and sinful, and selfish, and myself was the same too, and I wanted to be a pioneer to blow up myself. After that day, my life was totally changed. It happened in 1973. This is my short testimony.

9. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

He wasn't. But how else was I supposed to react?

And shouldn't people who are not in the public eye be exempt from flaming? How does it make sense that someone's family can be openly denigrated?

Like I already said, I do have a link to her myspace on mine, he probably clicked on it there and found her site offensive for some odd reason, then posted it as if it was mine. I clicked on it and to my surprise it wasn't anything to do with me but my wife. As would be true of any husband, this upset me greatly.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

I can understand your reaction, my family has been attacked here at one time. I rarely talk about them in public forums anymore.
    You would think people not in the public eye would be exempt, but the sad truth is, on this site or most anyother, thats not true.
    I'm sure my husband would defend me too, as a matter of fact I'm positive.

11. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

Wow. That's amazing. See, now I will read all of your post quite differently seeing that I know something about you.

I also apologize for calling you a jerk. I'm sorry.

My testimony isn't nearly as exciting, but I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was 8 years old, not knowing exactly what I was getting into. When I was 15 I gave my life to Christ more for real, recognizing him as my Lord. When I was 17 I was licensed as a SBC minister, then went to a Baptist college (Hardin-Simmons) and then a Baptist seminary (Truett). While in seminary I was ordained in a SBC church and now I am studying to get my PhD in New Testament at Fuller Seminary so that I can be a professor. I hope you find my story helpful as I found yours!

12. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

That's reasonable! :)

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

sounds cool matt.
    I'm glad we could all calm down on this thread.
    now where is our illustrious moderator, we're on page 34.

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Shuuuuush Donna. Not so loud:laugh: He has not answered my post as of yet. In specific, post #270 PP27.

#334 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We know that Joseph was not Jesus' biological father. That's what I'm saying.

An egg is not the child until that egg is fertilized. The egg was not the body that belonged to the Word until it was fertilized. God prepared a body for the Word through the Word becoming flesh as the egg was fertilized. When God created humans, He used something that was already existing. It is the same with Jesus. Jesus was created in a different way than we were but God didn't just create Him out of nothing because then He would not be human. Both Adam and Eve were created through the use of something else (dust and a rib), and Jesus was too (an egg).

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thanks Ann, I just want to be clear on what you were saying.

17. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your testimony. I hope you grow further in the Lord. I tried to find out other ways than the suicide, but again and again, I realized there was no way other than the death of myself and the disappearance of the whole world, and I wanted to be a model for the world. I was a promising student at the university but when I had a blood poisoning, I started to see the world from different angle, cooled down a lot. Then I had the question, " Will there be no life after death? " my answer was yes. Then " will the next life be better than this if I die like that?" then " Are you sure that God is not doing anything but watching over the tragedy as a spectator?" I was sure because there are so many corruptions and tragedies. Then " Have you don't your utmost to confirm that God is not doing anything but enjoying as a spectator?" Then I wanted to check with the pastor who sounded very much faithful among many pastors. There I was saved and since that day, I was totally changed.
    Today I spoke to one of the patients here who attempted the suicide, and he promised to visit my church soon. He was so much interested in hearing my testimony as it was so much vivid. I hope he can be saved.

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: We do not know this at all. Scripture tells us that Joseph is according to two, not one, genealogies. What we know is that although Joseph is stated to be the biological father of the flesh of Jesus, he did not have sex with Mary and we know that Mary was a virgin and remained as such throughout the pregnancy.

19. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Scripture does not state this.

Ed

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

With all respect, one could prevent any of this from happening in any form by not having a "blog site" linkable in the tag line.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.