1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Black Regiment"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I think this choice is up to him and his conscience.

I think, even alliances to political parties.... as we've seen in both Democrat and Republican.... is not as straight forward as many people would believe: The party platforms often betray the majority stand of the individuals which make up the parties ...... and are proposed and voted on by chosen representatives within these parties which are, in and of themselves, often allied with other political agendas and activism..... not given to a loyal representation of the party registrants which they are supposed to represent.

I think if one isn't careful...... joining to any organization is a type of affiliation which takes on the cover of character as defined and developed by the organization, and binds ones in a contribution of time and talent which may or may not be as flexible to one's other obligations, and colors their own individual character in the reputation of the organization. (This is one reason why we consider the association of Obama and Ayers or Wright, Hillary and CFR, Rumsfeld with Searle, Monsanto, FDA, DOD, and Rick Warren with reaching out to homosexuals or addressing muslims.... whether right or wrong, whether or not compromised..... still we're inclined to make judgements based upon reputations and associations.)

In a way, when considering joining any group or party or association...... maybe we should be asking God to show us his will first and make that our obligation: If, then, He directs us to affiliate with a group, then, wise as serpents but meek as doves, one joins and is boldly active in that which he knows to be right..... and resists any evil which he sees crop up. If one sees the group is not as represented or is changing into that which goes against God's leading in his own life.... then the Christian's loyalty and devotion belongs to God, and a sound and sure quiet departure from such association, with a willingness to give an answer should circumstances demand such a defense.

We are dual citizens: We are in this world and citizens of our country.... but the spirit controled citizenship of the Christian keeps his focus on the kingdom not made with human hands and its values and its essence is revealed in the ministry of the church and not civil governments.

If my pastor decided to join this group, I'd support him in this decision. Presently, it would not influence my choice of where God shepherd's me. However, circumstances both in the church and in our world could change my decision: Wherever I go, I go to be fed and also to support and strengthen the body. Although the constitution is a man-made document...... I believe it has given us the freeist form of government closely aligned with kingdom principals, while presenting all persons with the freedom of individual choice and accountablity to their maker..... whether or not they chose to recognize or honor Him. So I see no conflict for those who base a stand on that document. However revered it may be, it is not iconic to be worshipped, nor is it a substitute for the Christian walk which recognizes Christ as King, and honors Jesus over country.

#2 windcatcher, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
  3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he wants to, that is his choice. However I would like to give three cautionary notes.

1. This is a copy, not an original. Just like the recent alleged "Tea Parties", which are nothing like the actual Boston Tea Party (etc), this is an attempt to copy something that was already done. This is not the Revolutionary Era and our nation is not the same as it was in those days. This is just another fad that will come and go. I pity those who so easily get caught up in such fads.

2. The statement said that we want, "Men who are not enamored with political correctness or political parties. Men who love America's Christian history and heritage. Men who support and defend the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence. Men who preach the Bible and are not owned by committees". America's Christian history? America is not, and never has been, a Christian nation with a Christian history. The first, and primary, reason for that is that the idea is unBiblical. The New Testament knows nothing of a Christian nation, empire, or kingdom. The second reason is that America's history, though filled with many great and wonderful events and people, is also polluted with the all too real sin of man. The way some early American colonists treated Native Americans, the African slave trade, slavery in the colonists, the defense of slavery, political corruption, legal abortion, open acceptance of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, blasphemy, and on and on we go. In this respect America, like all other nations, is a sinful nation. Why? Because it is a human institution.

3. I want my pastor to preach the Word of God. Not politics or American history.

#3 Martin, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009