1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Blessedness of Trusting in the Lord

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by KenH, Jun 22, 2022.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to thank @CalTech for quoting from this sermon, delivered by J.C. Philpot on July 18,1869, at Gower Street Chapel, London, in another thread, which led to me reading the entire sermon. A wonderful sermon!

' In opening up the text, I shall, therefore, with God's help–

First, direct your thoughts to the blessedness of the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

Secondly, take up the comparison which the Holy Spirit has given us– that such a man resembles "a tree planted by the waters, and that spreads out her roots by the river."

And Thirdly, speak of the fruits and blessings that spring out of his being thus planted by the hand of God by the waters and by the river– that he "shall not see when heat comes, but his leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit." '

- The sermon is available here: The Blessedness of Trusting in the Lord (biblebb.com)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

This man, JC Philpot was truly a man who had walked what he taught.
    I thank the Lord for introducing this man to me and his Holy Spirit teaching. I have read and continue to read from him, and I am learning more, about myself, and the hidden "trusting in the arms of my flesh" in a more deeper way, it has and still is a dark process to go through, but I am His, and He is mine, and my Trust is in an with Him, and Him alone.......

Thank the Lord you thought to honor this man in such a manner...........

The Lord bless you....

• Like Like x 1