1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Bride of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Aug 6, 2007.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I know your request is really in jest, but just so you can't accuse me of not answering your question I will give you one. Read some Watchman Nee stuff. You can find his stuff online and free to read there.

By the way I don't agree with "all" of what he teaches, but he does have an understanding between the difference in the salvation of the spirit and the soul.

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

www.inthebeginning.org has much of it online by Govett, Nee, etc.

Tozer is available online.

www.hopeofglory.net will give you access to hundreds of mp3's, both past and present.

If you want a copy of the writings of AE Wilson, let me know and I'll post it for you.

Go to http://www.schoettlepublishing.com/ and click on the "books online" tab at the top, and you can get many free books online.

Here's a direct link for S. S. Craig's "Dualism of Eternal Life": http://www.schoettlepublishing.com/booksonline/craig/eternallife.htm

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    here is another reference.

Paul -

Gal 1:6-11 there is only ONE Gospel.

Romans 6:23 the wages of sin is "death".

John

Rev 20 - the SECOND death is the reward of those not raised in the FIRST resurrection (for "The dead in Christ rise FIRST" -- 1Thess 4).

in Christ,

Bob

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry for not responding brother.

I want to post another commentary that lays out the marriage supper of the Lamb with very good references and clearly indictaes the timing and the place of this marriage.

(This commentary is printed in my prophecy bible, I was looking for the source but it escapes me right now, I will look more later and post it if it is there somewhere).

God Bless! :thumbs:

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is very clear from scripture that the JSOC, the bema judgment for the bride of Christ, is not the judgment of the nations in Matt 25. This is yet another proof that scriptures cited by the "1000 years of hell" camp do not add up.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My denomination is "postTrib" but does not subscribe to the "high bounce" doctrine of other post trib groups that claim that God simply bounces the saints at the second coming -- high up in the air to watch them land again.

Rather we go with the John 14 doctrine that Christ comes to TAKE the saints to the heavenly home that He has been preparing for them that "WHERE He is THERE the saints may be also". Heaven is where the Marriage supper takes place.

That post-trib rapture is the 1Thess 4 event -- it is the FIRST resurrection where the "Dead in Christ rise FIRST" and are taken along with the living saints to heaven just as Christ promised.

After the 1000 years are completed - that New Jerusalem filled with the saints comes down out of heaven from God.

in Christ,

Bob

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh: That's a good one!

Post-trib has a few problems scripturally. One is we are not appointed to wrath (1Th 5:9) . Two the church must be taken out of the way (2Th 2:7) . Three we would be able to calculate the exact day of Christ's return because it would be exactly seven years to the day after the anti-christ was revealed and Jesus said no one would know that day (Matt 24:36) .

I believe there are others but these three come to mind.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. The church is not appointed for God's wrath - and God's wrath does not fall on them just as the plagues did not fall on Israel in Egypt - but after the plagues fell - Israel walked out of Egypt. It is the same sequence that we see in Matt 24 - after the great tribulation Christ comes to rapture the church.

However the church has ALREADY gone through over a THOUSAND years of persecution - too late to claim that the church will not be severely persecuted. In fact it is still going on.

2. No such thing as "seven years of tribulation"

3. 2Thess 2:7 does not say "the church will be taken out of the way".

See - there is not as much separating our views as you thought! ("High Bounce" -- I just now made that one up)

in Christ,

Bob

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh boy.......pre-trib vs mis-trib vs post-trib is not my passion. It would take too much of my sparse free time to get into it so I will have to let it pass. I am too busy with the things pertaining to the soul and eternal security when I find the time. But just for the record, I do disagree. :wavey:

I REALLY like the "High Bounce" label though! :laugh: