1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The CALL, Is there One Call to All or not

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Allan, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Not willing that sheep not yet born should perish but come to repentance?
    Not willing that babies should perish, but come to repentance?

All those aborted babies are going to hell?

2. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I believe the verse says that those who come to Him He will raise at the last day. They can't come to Him unless the Father draw them, but if they do come to Him He will raise them up at the last day.

3. jne1611

jne1611 Member

There is no if in the text at all. They will come to him, if you believe the Scripture. For I have given you the text itself.
    Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

4. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

I never said any babies are going to hell.... thats something bro bob dreamed up. What do you not understand about what I responded with Blammo? Since Peter wrote his letters, to the elect or chosen, has there been any elect born in the time between his writing the letters and now Blammo? It makes no difference how you view election, whether you view it as synergistic or monergestic, based upon God's foreknowledge or not, God is longsuffering.... Jesus will not return untill the last of His elect are born and hear the Gospel.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He that hath an ear (of faith) let him hear. All come down to believeing as always from beginning of the Bible to the end.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You brought up about little babies and being lost, not me. I just told you we believe they must come to an age of accountablilty before they are going to Hell but you are the one who suggested they would be lost.

Every last one of them will be believers and have the faith.

7. Blammo

Blammo New Member

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

8. l_PETE_l

l_PETE_l New Member

Dead men do not hear.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They are dead in a sense they are separated from God. If sinners could not hear the Call then the Calvinist need to quit saying "except my Father draw him".

10. reformedbeliever

You sir are being dishonest again and misrepresenting me. Why do you have to resort to dishonesty and misrepresentation? I quit responding to you once before and it seems I'll have to do that again until you become honest and stop with the slander. Give it a break bro bob.

11. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Well some calvinists believe babies go to hell, unless they are elect.

You have, however, given me a good answer to my question.

12. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Don't be silly, I heard it.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, I certainly don't want to be dishonest but this is what you quoted and if it is not suggesting that according to our belief babies are lost then I don't know what it is. Also, Calvinisn does say that babies will be in hell.

But, if I misquoted you for this I apoligize.

14. l_PETE_l

l_PETE_l New Member

that depends on the meaning of "draw him"

15. reformedbeliever

Blammo, we have been on this question about 2 Peter 3:9 once before, and I responded the same way. I thought you understood it then.... but if your memory is like mine.... I understand. :laugh:

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I thought this is what the Calvinist advocated but I could be wrong.

Romans, chapter 10

"14": How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

17. Blammo

Blammo New Member

My memory must be like yours. I don't recall. I thought I had a good new question there. :laugh:

I'll get it one of these days, be patient with me. :laugh:

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you were no longer dead at that point. You did not come to life because you heard it. The Spirit brought you to life so you can hear the call to eternal life.

2 Timothy 1:9-10 - " Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:"

You heard it, and responded, because your stopped ears have already been unstopped when you were born again because it was God's will for you to be born again, and not because you heard the gospel.
    As a result, you received Christ, in the same manner that those living during Christ's time on earth received Him.

John 1:12- " But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"

Now, watch the next verse:

John 1:13 - "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

Ain't about what you did, 'sall about what God did.

19. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Between the long introduction, and the longer replies of some, and the bold letters and changed font colors and all that, I don't know which directions this discussion have already gone, but, allow me to add my own take on the call.

There is only one irresistible call, and that call is the effectual call to Christ, in that every man God draws to Christ will at some point in that man's (or woman's) life be effectual to him, and irresistible in that whether he has heard of Christ or not, the Spirit will bear witness to him of Christ and the fact that there is but One God, and that One God alone is able to save him, not his theology, not his creed, not his priest, not his imam, not whoever is the man or teaching he follows. I believe you will find men and women of this sort in every situation on earth.

These men and women have been indwelt by the Spirit because they are born from above.

Whether they are filled with the Spirit is another thing.

And therein comes the "other" calls, on which the Arminians pounce when they argue that one can resist the Holy Spirit, and in which they are also correct, but only because they confuse the effectual and irresistible call to Christ as Savior, to the call to service and dedication which is all dependent on the infilling (not the indwelling) of the Spirit.

Now, excuse me, friends and foes, while I head to the dugout. :wavey: :tonofbricks:

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

so, you are "born again" and then you are saved? Really hard to get away from "believing" isn't it?

Thought the dead couldn't "hear"?

God just calling all over the place isn't He? You would think God would feel a little funny to just calling and calling after he made them so there could be no response. I figure God is much smarter than that.

Honesty is the best policy, and for God to make a call that no one can respond is "far out".

#60 Brother Bob, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.