1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The CALL, Is there One Call to All or not

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Allan, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

E-buh-dee E-buh-dee-uh D-d-d-double post, folks!

#81 EdSutton, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Although I thought (or did I) that he (Pete) was speaking of physicaly dead, Amen! So did I! :thumbsup:

Ed

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I agree with this last sentence.

As to the first sentence- "I'd like a second opinion please, Doctor!" as the patient said who was told he had to have emergency surgery, when he was feeling perfectly healthy. AND I believe I just found a good one!
    Seems to be pretty clear to me!

Ed

#83 EdSutton, Oct 22, 2006
  4. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Uh. You broke your own rules. How dare you! Use a text with highlighting!:tonofbricks:
    But I do see your point. I to have seen texts on one side that suggest life given before and after salvation. I have come to the conclusion that the life of the Spirit enables man to believe and receive The eternal life given only in Christ. But of a truth, no man is saved till he believes on Christ.

#84 jne1611, Oct 22, 2006
  5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I said not one word about colors, actually. Nor aside from pinoy, I believe it was, has any other. But since I managed to annoy you, (Don't feel like a privileged character in this - the line by now surely exceeds a hunderd, at a minimum on the BB) what about what I emboldened - the thing about "'As it is written in the prophets, 'And they shall all be taught of God.'"? You do agree that all means all, correct? Or is that merely Arminian nonsense, from one who is not Arminian? BTW, I have said nothing about John 3:16 either. That was another Kentuckian.

Ed

6. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Sir the context is clear. The "all" in that text shall be raised in the last day. They all come to Christ. Do all men come to Christ? No. Are all men given to Christ by the Father? No. And when I say come to Christ, I mean believing or receiving him.

#86 jne1611, Oct 22, 2006
  7. jne1611

jne1611 Member

You gave a bow to Bro. Bob for the crayons. What does that mean but colours. I am not annoyed, but I figured you wanted to get me going or you would not have said it. But no problem here. There are a lot of funnies on this board.:smilewinkgrin: :tongue3: :laugh:

8. whatever

whatever New Member

All most definitely means all, but you owe it to yourself to find those prophets and ask them who they were talking about. It's always a good thing to ask yourself "all of who"?

(Be sure to ask youself how many of them will be raised up on the last day, too.)

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Pinoy Baptist again half-crawls out of his dugout, and thinks to himself: why is it that it is Blammo's quote I always quote ?)

Er, I am an electionist but beggin' everybody's pardon, including fellow electionists, I do not believe babies go to hell. They have no works by which they are to be judged or justified from.

Revelation 20:12-15 says:

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

I believe God is omniscient, and in His omniscience He knows every baby that will die before birth, by design or by whatever reason, and therefore provided for their salvation by choosing them in Christ. Likewise with those infants who will be born but will die in infancy, and those who will never grow into maturity but will never gain any possession of intellect here on earth, in other words, born morons and idiots.

On the other hand, it is those who require that a person must first make an active and conscious confession and acceptance of Christ as Savior before any salvation can take place who exclude babies, morons, and idiots from the grace of God since babies, in the womb or in infancy, and the other categories I have mentioned cannot comprehend the gospel message and make an active decision based on what they hear.

That is why I believe, as PB's do, that salvation is OF the Lord, from beginning to end.

Having said that, I now crawl back to my dugout.

#89 pinoybaptist, Oct 22, 2006
  10. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Well said! And what resurrection is being talked about will help as well.
    Isa 54:13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

#90 jne1611, Oct 22, 2006
  11. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I have ready every post in this thread. Conclusion: an incredible exercise in futility! The distortion of "the call" is a prime example. The Good News is not debateable! A zillion words posted in support of one view or another are simply worthless when it comes to the truth of the Gospel. It is plain and simple, there for all to see. You can post your arguments from now until the cows come home and it will not change the fact that WHOSOEVER will may come, and that for those who do come, in response to the wooing of the Holy Spirit, NOTHING can pluck them out of God's eternal security, wherein they are SEALED until their redemption. Nothing to the Cross I bring, only to the Cross I cling. Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit, says The Lord. The "call", then, is going out to each and everyone of us. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be such that I share the Good News with EVERYONE I meet, knowing that the Holy Spirit HONORS that endeavor, regardless of to whom I speak! Praise be the Name of Our Lord!

Come, let us reason (spiritually) together! :1_grouphug:

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:applause: :applause: :applause:

13. whatever

whatever New Member

I am curious whether you think anyone who has posted on this thread disagrees with any of that, and if so, why you think so.

14. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

They did not correct the "do" in this man's question, they told him what he must "do"

Belief (faith) is not works.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

15. jne1611

jne1611 Member

That was exactly what I was thinking. Nothing added whatsoever to this topic.

16. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for that one.

Everyone who has posted on this thread knows we are saved by faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ. Nobody posting on this thread thinks their theology is what saved them. If you don't like to debate theology, don't bother showing up in the (Baptist Only) Baptist Theology DEBATE Forum.

17. l_PETE_l

l_PETE_l New Member

Below, are 6 examples where God commands humans to do something which they do not have the ability to do. In the first 4 verses, God commanded physically dead corpses to live. But, they had no desire or ability to respond, until God first gave them new life, with new desire and ability. (Likewise, we'll see later that He commands spiritually dead men to live, then gives them new life-regeneration, desire, and ability.)

1. "Prophecy to these (dead) bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!'" (Ezek. 37:4 Notice, those dead bones had no ability to hear the word of the Lord. God had to give those skeletons life first, before they had the ability to hear the word of the Lord.)

2. "a dead man was being carried out...Then He came and touched the open coffin...and He said, 'Young man, I say to you, arise.'" (Lk. 7:14 The dead man couldn't hear, until Christ first gave His miraculous power to him.)

3. "Your daughter is dead...He...took her by the hand and called saying, 'Little girl, arise.' Then her spirit returned, and she arose immediately." (Lk. 8:49-55 The dead girl had no power to arise until Christ gave it to her.)

4. "Lazarus, come forth!" (Jn. 11:43, Lazarus was dead! He had no ability to come forth. First, God had to make him alive before He had the ability to come forth.)

5. "Therefore you shall be perfect (complete), just as your father in heaven is perfect." (Mt. 5:48)

6. "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength." (Mark 12:30)

Just as it took a supernatural miracle to raise the physically dead before they could respond, so it takes a supernatural miracle to raise (regenerate) the spiritually dead before they can respond

18. l_PETE_l

l_PETE_l New Member

Physically or spiritually dead do not hear

19. jne1611

jne1611 Member

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: For that one!

20. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Amen!:thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.