1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Call toChrist

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by TheBibleSender, Jan 13, 2003.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

The Call to Christ
    Is not just to be informed but to do something about it

Did you know that in America there is 1 ordained minister for every 200 people In some parts of India there is not one Christian or missionary for 22 million
    Afghanistan has 17 million people not one church Turkey 44 million people only about 200 Christians In India there are over 1 billion people over half have never heard the name Jesus
    Did you know that America gets more spiritual information in 1 week that people in China and India get in 5 years
    There are thousands that are lucky if they have 2 bible per congregation You know what they do They divide the bible up and give some to each family they take it home copy it then swap That is how they get there bible
    Did you know that if you go to church for 6 months you are qualified to be a theologian or a missionary in many places over seas
    There are 3 billion people in the world who have never heard the name Jesus

Psalm 103:15. As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
    16. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

The Point is are life is like grass what are we doing for eternity. You can say I am going to church I am paying my tithe whatever that is fine But what are you doing for eternity
    IT is by the grace of God that Me and a lot of others have been born in the US But remeber to whom much is given much is required.
    Are we sacrificing to win the world for Christ or are we caught up in fancy clothes cars things things things How much stuff do we need.
    Soon very soon Time will be no more and we will no longer be here What is going to happen to all that stuff on earth.
    Luke 12:34. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Maybe some of you no doubt are doing something I hope God gives you the grace to do more

Most of this was adapted from the Video Call to Christ available for 6 dollars from www.gfa.org (I also reccomend the free book Revolution in World missions)
    If you are interested in helping do something for this world before your time is up visit the website or e-mail me. God bless

2. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

Yes, that is true. Sad to say. :(

Yet, some Christians in America gripe because they have to get up on Sunday mornings and "have to go" to Church. Shame on our laziness and lack of love for the Lord our God and Saviour.

I have Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan. Very eye opening. We, in America, need to acquire the fire that our persecuted brethren have. Maybe then we'd have less pew warming Sunday morning only Christians and more labourers for Christ.

Another book I recommend for anyone with a little bit of a burden for missions: Tortured for Christ, available at www.vom.org