1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Christian & Missionary Alliance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 15, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AW Tozer was good but I fear many from this denomination are going down the slide to Emergent theology. This author was advertised well in some CM&A circles and he is problematic if you ask me. What do you think about the CM&A?

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? One poster here is fixated on Tozer and has treated us to numerous screeds purporting to expose some error or another in his writings.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I heard on way of the Master radio once, Tozer was an excellent preacher and author.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not who you are hanging around with. Not quite two years ago I had several conversations with the president of CMA and did not see that at all. In fact he talked a lot about making disciples. He came to Christ shortly after he and his wife were married thorough someone who had been in the Navigators. So from my personal discussions with him I am unable to find much truth in what you say. I find him to be quite the opposite of what you suggest.

#4 gb93433, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  5. drfuss

drfuss New Member

There is an active participant in the Other Christians Denominations Section of BB who I believe is CMA. You may want to ask your question in that section to get more information from one who is in the CMA.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not know this. Thanks for pointing that out.