1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Church Must Rise Up"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Judith, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Judith, good to make your acquaintence. I have been listening to the Lt. General. I believe he is making a fundemental mistake. We are a "watchman" but not over a Theocratic nation as was Ezekiel. We are not watchmen over any secular nation either. We are a "watchman" over the souls of men in regard to SPIRITUAL things.

God has not called us to be Political activitist but to be Spiritual activists. We are not "called" by God to enter into politics but to be used to change the hearts of politicians.

The change must occur on a personal level or it will never occur on a national level.

We are not called to change our "society" but we are called to preach the gospel and that is what changes individuals within our society and that is how a society is changed.

He is simply taking a scripture out of its historical context and applying it wrongly. We are not called to usher in the Kingdom of God or build the kingdom of God on earth - God will do that. We are called to be faithful to the Great commission which deals with discipleship. I reject Kingdom Theology.

#2 The Biblicist, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard all of that from bishop earl paulk! i rejected it than, and again now!