1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Coffee Shop" #3

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Sherrie, Apr 28, 2003.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

followinghim,

Minor renovations means just that!!! Something any man, woman, or child can do with a hammer and a worn out screw driver, a straight edge, a level, and a circular saw!

But you see! I figured with a 'Cat D9 'dozer(biggest that 'Cat makes that I can haul without a special highway permit)--I can do the job in less than half the time--that'll save Sister a lot of money in the long run!!!

and I'm gonna need a painter--don't worry! The old paint that's on the walls and woodwork now is of the old "leaded" type--since ole Blackbird is immune to leaded products he'll take the initiative and scrap and dispose of that old stuff--I'll do it when there's not a lot of folks in the shop--and when I'm finished I'll let you come in for that first coat of primer!!

Of coarse, I may have to call the whole deal off!! Rumor goin' round that a lot of these women on board are "jumpy" and "edgy" about something new comin' in to an old establishment--but its for their own good--I just know it!!

Your Southern Baptist preachin', leaded paint scrapin' buddy!

Blackbird

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Oh, and Sister!

I'm sorry about the probablity of messin' up those waxed floors--didn't you try to hold the guy off from doin' that till the Pro Shop was in?? Isn't that what we discussed??

I mean, I'm bonded and insured and all that--and so is followinghim--but that won't keep the floor from gettin' messed up when that dozer cranks up!!

Your buddy,
    Blackbird

3. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

um blackbird...what "minor renovations" in particular were you planning on carrying out?

:confused: :eek: [​IMG]

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Good Morning! High 80's and humid again today. Partly Cloudy too.

The boy who saved those children from the fire in an Apartment....was a parole violater....he said....he thanked the Lord that he was there. He felt the Lords presence when he ran into the engulfed building to get those children.

The Grandmother of the Children; Mrs. Collier, stated on the News, "Chris, God put you there."

.....Thank you Father God, that your presence is everywhere. Thank you that you are not a limited God. Thank you for your mercy, Father. Amen

Sherrie

[ April 29, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Sherrie ]

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Blacque Byrd, Esq.
    Tear 'Em Down, Slap 'Em Up Builders
    Wesson, Mississippi

Sir:

It has come to our attention that you are planning a remodeling project in beautiful Wesson, our fair city. We always encourage progress but wish to point out some concerns:

1. You will need to apply for a building permit for any project that affects the structural integrity of the building. While we have not seen your plans — which must be submitted before a permit can be issued — we assume any project that requires the use of a D-9 must be large in scope. Our inspector will be happy to review your plans on any Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9:05 a.m.

2. The Coffee Shop is now zoned for Nieghborhood Commercial Use, such as restaurants, salons, etc. A fishing tackle shop would require General Retail Commercial zoning. This can be accomplished by changes in the Land Use Plan and Zoning Plan. Forms are available from 10:15 a.m. to 10:17 a.m. each Tuesday.

3. Should the project come to fruition, the Street Department would required that your D-9 be fitted with highway treads to prevent damage to the roadway. Such kits are available at Stan's Bureaucratic Fulfillment Supply next to City Hall.

Again, we are eager to see development and are glad to be of service.

Lott "Mo" Hassel,
    Director of Public Works and Idleness
    Downtown on the Web

[ April 29, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]

6. WonderingOne

WonderingOne New Member

WS, "skunt" is the southern version of the word "skinned." When they got through with me I looked sort of like a plucked chicken. [​IMG]

7. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Oh no!!! How awful. I hate going to the hair dresser...I think a good hair cut sort of depends on their mood sometimes. I would rather do my own. I cut everyone in my family's hair...My Mom, she's easy, her hair is past her waste, all one length, just trim it straight across. My sister, she's more of a challenge, (in more ways than her hair), my daughters...but not the guys. Although I did just clip my son's hair...Dan has a habit of waiting way too long to go to the barber. It was looking too unruly. They prefer to go to a barber...and considering how persnickety they are about everything, I prefer they complain about the barber than me any day of the week. I'm still hearing it about Jordan's hair from Dan...I think it looks great, Jordan thinks it looks great and likes it...but Dan...what a complainer. :rolleyes:

I posted some comments to other people earlier, Thanks for answering the one I had for you...helps me not to feel like I used to in school... invisable. :(

Laurenda

8. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Hi everyone! Its a hot day. Love it!

We do not have spring pictures at school. I think that would be nice to have. And I cried hard when Melisa (2nd child) went to school. I just hated sending her. But Jennifer (3rd chid)...I was thinking, what a relief! And I was so happy it went from a half day to a whole day. Now I miss her. She is married and gone. sssshhhhh! Someone smack me now....that girl is soooooooooo demanding! What was I thinking! Whew!

WonderingOne you seem to be the quiet one here. How was your day?

rsr....don't know what blackbird will think when he catches wind of the permits he is going to have to get for that Prop Shop.

Sherrie

9. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Thanks Sherrie. [​IMG] I'm having one of those "Nobody loves me" kind of days.. Sorry about being needy...sometimes I really am a pathetic loser. (It's tough being a woman)

Who was that that said they were good at painting? I am going to have to paint the inside of my house, and I'm terrified. I have really high ceilings and am not very industrious about building things like scaffolds. Wish I was married to someone who took an interest in things like that. My husband will not get involved in any house fixing thing. If I was single, I'm sure I could find a man to help me out...but since I have a man...I'm on my own to do it. Anyone have any pointers about painting that I could use?

So, will anyone post a devotional while Jim is away?

Laurenda

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    How high are the ceilings, Laurenda? I've used many a stepladder with extensions, but never scaffolding. (I was always more afraid of scaffolding than a ladder. Go figure.)

Sherrie, Birdie hasn't seen a tenth of it yet; I have letters here from real estate agents, the tax commission, the irate neighbors, lawyers, etc., all waiting to be sent to the new tenant.

11. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

just popped in for the irn bru

yours, Jon.

12. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Hi Jon!

I have painted many a thing. Painting is one of the easiest thing. You will do good! I am single and need a new bathroom floor. NO one helps! I need someone to look at my electrical box. No one helps! Single has nothing to do with it. Trust me!

rsr...poor burdy.....will he ever get a Pro Shop?

Wisdom Seeker I did not post a devotional...but wrote about that boy who saved 4 childrens lives. Then I gave glory to God. Will that be ok for today. Why don't you help jim out. You do it tomorrow. I love those devotionals.

Sherrie

13. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

Thursday is election day here. Offered my services to help at one of the polling stations. The downside is you cannot leave the building from 6:20am.The plus factor is that instead of visiting people in the community the community come and visit me. What an opportunity. Please pray for the testimony

yours, Jon.

14. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

???????? Are you inviting me over to help?

yours, Jon.

15. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

So not only did you drive a lorry in your past life, but now in your future Jon, you are an electioneer? The life of a Rev.....

Sherrie

16. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Sure jon....I am! Can you fix those things?

Sherrie

17. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

Not sure if "electioneer" is the correct term. Not allowed to give the impression I am campaigning for one particular party/person

yours, Jon.

18. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

I'm not sure I am qualified, but it is nice that you have invited me

yours, Jon.

19. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Thats ok jon. If Wisdom Seeker gets good at painting maybe she could help me with the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Sherrie [​IMG]

20. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

This week the election is for the council(or local authority) and the Scottish parliament.

couple of years ago when we had the last election for the UK parliament we held a forum in the church hall. All candidates in the constituency were invited to answer questions concerning their policies. (one of them, Gordon Brown, is in the government as Chancellor of the Exchequer.) Each candidate was presented with a bible ( one who was blind got a tape of scripture to music) and I spoke of the "christian manifesto"

yours, Jon.