1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The College at Southeastern A.Div. Online

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just thought I would let everyone know that The College at Southeastern is now offering an A.Div. degree (60hrs) 100% online. For more information, click HERE.

The program is only offered to adults over 30 years of age.

"Many students move to Wake Forest and complete their A.Div. in two years of full time study. But there are others who wish to remain where they are and work on their degree, and our program makes that possible.
    The entire 60-hour degree program can be completed online, or students can take a combination of online and on-campus course offerings to complete their degree."

This is a great option for those called to ministry later in life.

Similar programs are offered at Liberty University (here), Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (here), and at Moody Bible Institute (here).

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Degree Online Response

Martin,

The Associate of Divinity is a great degree. I got it, my first degree, at Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary. At that time it was the Diploma of Theology. It was later changed to the A Div. which sounds better I am sure.

In those days it was 96 semesters hours rather than the 60 most programs are now. In essence it was the same, just as wide, but not as deep and intense as the Master of Divinity that MABTS had at that time. It was really rigorous for me at the time. But it taught me how to study and prepared me for later BS and grad work for sure.

Union U. here in W TN and the Nashville area, has also started an ADiv program. Must be an up and coming thing for ministry training. Good spring board into other degree programs too.

My hat is off to any who would be called into ministry late, as I was, to pursue their education. God speed and may the introduction of this program cause Christ to be exalted and His Kingdom's increased with souls.

"That is all!" :smilewinkgrin: