1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #25

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 30, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello All!

I am still alive and kicking. Stayed offline yesterday so my son could call. He didn't call until around nine last night, by then, I was ready for bed!

This morning I came back from the corner to get warm in my toasty house except it wasn't toasty! The furnace would not kick on and it was in the thirties INSIDE.

Had to call hubby at work and he came home long enough to get it going, then went back to work. I think it's up to 50 in here now. Brrrrrrrrrrr

Hard to type with gloves on! :rolleyes:

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a bit here and there today to be on line. Sure hate WORKING for a living; I'm used to being a pastor and setting my own schedule!

Mouth feels good this morning. Of course, for $125 it SHOULD feel good for at least one day!

Busy time of year. 38F, windy and sunshine of course. Talked to some friends yesterday who said the skiing on the mountain (10 minutes from here) was excellent.

Oh well, think my skis and boots will go up for sale. I am just learning to walk with this neuropathy; think skiing is out of my league. But the doctor (my wife) said I should start training for the Boston Marathon and get rid of all the weight I gained from sitting around with my leg in a cast for 6 months!

Maybe I'll start after my January cruise. Just can diet 'til then, throught the holidays.

Right. :rolleyes:

3. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Come on Doc - use your will power - and start dieting now!!

Dan

4. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello folks! Just dropped in to let you know that my computer went out the window (no pun intended)... :(

My cable modem box is not working. Had the technicians tried to fix the problem over the phone to no avail. One of them will come by Friday afternoon to look at it or repair it... whichever will be easier for him. [​IMG]

I am at the local Xerox Copy Center and renting the puter for the moment. Just wanted to let you know that I am OK, just my computer is sick. See you all later when I get my wings back. God bless all! [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

HI All, just popping in for a minute.... AWANA tonight. My helper had to rush her Dad to the hospital and he's in CCU so she and her husband won't be there to help me tonight. Praise the Lord, I had spent this morning planning a fun Christmas lesson with a lot of hands on activity and so when Bro. Jack called me about my new room in our new building.... I quickly asked for a tv with VCR for tonight, too! PRAY for me! I could have 17 or so 3 and 4 year olds. LOL.

It's to be 18° on Sunday night! The state will shut down! LOL.

Some good news. Hubby has been getting calls to set up interviews for REAL jobs! He had a phone interview with a company out of California and that job would mean he'd travel the whole east coast. The other job is one where he'd cover half of Georgia. He had a first interview with them today. They told him in advance that they always interview 3 times before any decisions are made. A 3rd company called and asked me to send his resume in a different format because the home office used Works instead of Word and were interested in him. That's 80% travel with a decent base pay with commissions and a home office.

Hugs and Kisses to all my online friends! Rejoice! God is good!

Diane

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I will be prayining for Jim Tav---the job situation will fall right into God's will for him!!

But Blackbird is thinkin'----"Hmmmmmmmm! The whole east coast plus Georgia????-----Niiiiiice! You can go with him---and everywhere Jim goes---you can look up BB members in that vacinity---and put in good words for Blackbird!! That way---Jim will get travel reimbursement from his new company---such and such a month----and Blackbird won't have to pay YOU travel!!! Sounds like a winner to Blackbird!!! [​IMG]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks in the south and east have no real clue about "inclement weather". I was in the Chattanooga/Atlanta corridor and was scared to death the way people drove with a little rain/ice/fog. [​IMG]

Oh, btw, I'm home after a long day and will be harrassing (and cooking supper and doing dishes) you all for a bit tonight! :eek:

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL Oh Blackbird! If I do any campaign stumping... it's going to be for myself! I did offer you the second in command position! LOL

Dr. Bob, you said $125.00 so I'm wondering if they fixed both teeth yesterday or if more has to be done? One tooth for me would be much more costly for just a filling!

So, my helper and her husband were not able to come tonight because her father is in CCU and our young lady who is our 'listener' and bookkeeper for Cubbies was ill and had 2 sick children so she came only long enough to make sure someone would be sent to help out. A lovely lady, new in our church, came and helped with the children. We had 12 and they were well behaved except for a minute or two when I had to offer to go get Daddy (one of our preacher's daughter's). They seemed to enjoy the lesson. I let them watch 'The Donut Man's' "The Best Present Of All" and that was a BIG hit. [​IMG]

Ice tonight! It's almost at freezing and a misty rain. Hubby will be driving home ( 1 1/2 hour drive ) after 11:00 p.m. so please remember him in prayer for safety!

And "Donut forget",
    "Life without Jesus is like a donut, 'cause there's a hole in the middle of your heart".
    Diane

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been in for three sessions to grind, fill and one cap. This $125 was the last payment.

But my dentist is roughly $60 a filling. My teeth are very bad and I get 3-4 a year.

Have I ever told you why I have such hatred for the dental visits? When I was little (extremely poor, during the Korean War) the dentist charged extra for novacaine. We could not afford it, with my teeth needing so much work.

So dental visits became traumatic pain. And now, of course, my gentle doc will use "numbzit" on my gum and I seldom feel the needle. And he uses a LOT to be sure I don't feel pain. He is a good guy.

But still evil. He IS a dentist. :eek:

10. I Am Blessed 24

I can relate Dr.B!

I was ruined on dentists when I was very young. I have a deathly fear of them and I will absolutely not go to them. [​IMG]

It has been a long COLD day without the furnace on (it is working now, but I kept chilling until it got warm in here) so I am crawling into a nice warm bed to get my tootsies warm! [​IMG]

Pleasant dreams all!

[​IMG]
    §ue

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I also had dental work until a senior in high school with no novacaine. That's why I have such a fear!

Fillings here are almost $200.! Dr. Camp is lovely. Uses lots of numbzit too but even the sound bothers me! Ug...

Oh Sue! Still chilly? How awful! I hate to get cold and not be able to warm up!

Diane

12. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Yo, Blackbird... you'd best be getting over to that MOY poll forum. They're starting to bring out the BIG names over there!!! :D

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

I had surgery, cutting a hole in the roof of my mouth, to expose a tooth that was eventually going to grow into my cheekbone. They attached an anchor to it and reeled it in. It took 6 long years.

Before the surgery, my dad suggested the dentist go heavy on the novocaine. He opted not to. After several shots to numb the area, he started to cut. I gargled in pain. He said that I was experiencing pressure sensations. He started again and the pain shot through my body. I jerked my hands upward and whacked the dentist in the face. I got the novocaine and a few more mind numbing shots.

14. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Diane... that's beautiful!!! Tell Nick I want to see a picture of HIS tree!! [​IMG]

'nite everybody...am facing another terribly busy day tomorrow, but I will have Friday OFF!!! Yea!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

CJ is [​IMG]

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Quote from Gib

"Cutting a hole in the roof of my mouth to expose a tooth that would eventually grow out of my cheekbone-----"

Get the picture:

Dr. Blackbird has the X-Ray in his hand holdin' it up toward the sun---"tryin' to catch a glimpse of what's over on the other side, other side!!"

Blackbird's dentist office had been ransacked by left winged Demos---leavin' Blackbird with no option but to move his office and exam rooms outdoors under the hot Mississippi sun!

Gib is seated in an old church Samsonite foldin' chair! Its sorta rusty in the seat but Gib doesn't mind---he knows Blackbird is the best money can buy--and he came straight in from work---so it really don't matter anyway!!

Blackbird is examining Gib with an old magnifing glass he found at the elementary school junk pile---he's focusin' the lense in the sun---he focuses---he focuses----pinpoint percision-----the beam from the sun flows through the lenses prisms until the light shinin' in Gib's mouth is as slinder as a Flash Gordan Laser beam!!

"Good nite! Look here! the sun's beam magnified 1000 times---pinpointed---will . . . will . . .!!!

16. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

My My My - poor Gib!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blackbird, some day I'm going to get a Suthran dictionary and maybe be able to understand what you are saying.

Most Suthrans talk like they have a mouth full of marbles.

Of course, after they've lost all their marbles, they begin to sound like New Englanders . .

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning All!

Diane: Your tree is BEAUTIFUL!

Gib: I will have nightmares over your dental expeerience!

Blackbird: I will have WORSE nightmares over how YOU would handle it!

It is 35º here and we are to have snow/rain mixed off and on all day, turning to all snow tonight. Winds 20-30 mph.

I figured it would be cold tonight because the Christmas Parade is tonight! I like to go to them, most of the floats have religious themes, but I'm not going in that wind and snow!

I will stay home where it's warm and watch it on our local cable channel. [​IMG]

Off to check other forums. Coffee tastes good this morning!

[​IMG]
    §ue

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sue----you need to run a poll---there are many, many(more than one) BB members who have been inclined to visit Dr. Blackbird's Dentist chair----each has experience with "The Drill", Masonary cement, and now, this new technique that Dr. Blackbird is conducting on Gib---ultri bright light from the Sun itself magnified 1000 times----burns the cavities clean out!!!

Neat, ain't it??

PS---And Dr. Bob doesn't "understand" Blackbird!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! And this too--- [​IMG] [​IMG]

Because Blackbird rufuses not to cease being a :cool: [​IMG]