1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Convenant of Salt..........

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO, Mar 25, 2007.

1. ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO

ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO New Member

:wavey: Hi there!........Question: Does the Convvenant of Salt exist>?,,,,,,,, then, where in Scripture.........??? Thank you for your help..........rosamaria:thumbs:

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

2 Chronicles 13:4-6 Abijah stood on Mount Zemaraim, in the hill country of Ephraim, and said, "Jeroboam and all Israel, listen to me! 5 Don't you know that the LORD, the God of Israel, has given the kingship of Israel to David and his descendants forever by a covenant of salt? 6 Yet Jeroboam son of Nebat, an official of Solomon son of David, rebelled against his master.

3. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Rosamaria, are you on TV? Radio? Traveling between churches? What's your itinerary?

My suspicion is that you would like to be an evangelist, but have not been called to be one. I think you are using the BB to take notes on how you are to answer questions from others. A called-out evangelist would not resort to this method of learning, neither for self nor others.

If God HAS called you, then I submit that you are getting in His way. Think about it, pray about it.

That's my two cents.

4. ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO

ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO New Member

:wavey: Hi, I am in the Word of God, alot..... And researching and asking questions that others ask...... What is wrong with that?......... I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul...... And I consider this forum very knowledgable in the Word of God..... Helping one another...... Sharing the Word of God..... rosamaria......... Your concern is understandable....... :godisgood:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Incedentally I noticed this opposite denial of the 'salt-covenant':

"2 Chronicles 13:4-6 Abijah stood on Mount Zemaraim, in the hill country of Ephraim, and said, "Jeroboam and all Israel, listen to me! 5 Don't you know that the LORD, the God of Israel, has given the kingship of Israel to David and his descendants forever by a covenant of salt? 6 Yet Jeroboam son of Nebat, an official of Solomon son of David, rebelled against his master.
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~ Hebrews 11:1

It is the 'version', "Now faith is being sure ...". The real thing -- the 'salt-covenant' -- is: "Faith IS, the SUBSTANCE / proof / truth ..." upon which our 'being sure', is based.

The 'salt-covenant' is God's surety for what He promises.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

That's your two cents NOT worth one! What, do you speak for yourself?

8. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

0.14556 South African Rand?

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I've found out that if one has an itinerary that 0.14556 to the dollar becomes something like 0.014556!