1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Cross - Holy or Unholy symbol

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gtbuzzarp, May 17, 2006.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Thank you for the inquiry HBSMN,

Welcome to the board. I can see where your impression of my post is that it is too strong. The point that has been not only in this thread but in many is the SFIC and Linda refuse to acknowledge error. Even in her reply to his mistake there is no acknowledgment of error. They have accused others many times of error and made false statements against others, again when shown that their facts were incorrect they refused to acknowledge it. Every one who has been here knows the SFIC is legally blind, then why couldn't he have said I could be mistaken but I dont believe there is a Christian Flag in my Church.

Sorry if I offended you. I and others have had apologize for speaking error on this board. It should be the normal response from Christians when they speak error, unfortunately this is not always the case.

That is my reply. It may or may not be sufficient for you, I hope it is. This attitude of victimization and never being wrong has gone on for too long. I have pointed it out, apparently to no avail. Hope you enjoy being on the board.

Bro Tony

PS--I will accept your counsil and ask the Lord to make me more gentle in my responses. I will also pray that all of us would be able to be honest and humble and open with each other.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

BTW, that flag in our church is NOT the Mississippi state flag--it is the Christian flag. We have no control over the design of the Mississippi state flag. Apparently Georgia has taken the stars and bars off their state flag--Alabama has just taken the stars off, but they still have the bars. </font>[/QUOTE]Linda

I know it is not, I seen the pictures. But your husband thinks it is the Mississippi state flag and said nothing about the symbolism of the stars and bars. I was trying to find out why the inconsistancy. I seems he has a problem with some symbols and not others.

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

Mr Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Again, I have to say, I have read through the posts here in the topic and I have to say, I do not see standing attacking people. He has addressed what he sees as an error, and I am not convinced he is wrong. Instead of addressing the issue in a civilized manner, many began to attacking him. He, sir, is not the attacker.

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

HBSMN,

I can appreciate your view as you have just arrived in the BB. The issues are not just in this thread. Many times before he has been the attacker and in this thread there continues to be the attitude of victimization and the refusal to acknowledge err on anything. Again, I will receiver your thoughts and it is my hope so will others on all sides of all issues.

Bro Tony

5. His Blood Spoke My Name

epistomaniac,

I went to the site you posted and the church does indeed have a steeple on it and sits in front of a sidewalk that is in the shape of more of a T than a cross. But you are missing something there. It says that that church no longer belongs to his congregation, it was sold to another denomination.

Going to the home page, I see the church they are in and see none of those pagan symbols you accuse this man of having.

These accusations are uncalled for from someone who claims to be of the body of Christ.

James 4:1 What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members?

As I said, it is others doing the attacking, not standing.

6. His Blood Spoke My Name

Mr Tony,

I will go look at topics standing has posted in and read his posts, I will get back to you on it.

Apparently they only allow you to go back 50 posts, but I can gather a lot from those, I surmise.

7. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

HBSMN

I can see where you are coming from reading only this post. Look at other posts SFiC has posted in. He has taken the extrem position in all cases (thats fine his choice) but he has then set himself as judge telling everybody else they are not good Christians or Christians at all if they disagree with him.

Participate on this board long enough and you will find yourself the object of SFiCs judgement. This thread is a carryover from where SFiC judged everybody who seen no problem with the triquesta on the NKJB as being in leage with the devil.

That is why everybody is willing to point out SFiCs mistakes. Because he has made it his mission on the BB to point out what he sees as ours.

8. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

DeeJay,

Even if my husband thinks it is the Mississippi state flag, he didn't know what the symbolism of the stars and bars is--and honestly, I didn't know either. All I know of the stars and bars is that it was the Confederate flag and was used as a battle flag during the Civil War. It is now used as a symbol of racism and hatred, especially here in the South. I looked on google and found out that it was called the "Southern Cross" -- in the shape of St. Andrew's cross--I'm still searching it out.

Other than the cross on the Christian flag, our church does not display any crosses whatsoever.

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Linda

I can accept that. Besides the stars and bars are not used as a symbol of racism by everybody or even the majority. To most they are a part of their ancestors history.

But that is kind of the point about the triquesta that everybody is trying to make. Just because some small groups use a symbol to reprisent something does not mean everybody uses that symbol to reprisent the same thing.

I would not classify the entire state of Mississippi as raceist just because some white supremist groups use the stars and bars. In the same way it is not fair to group people who see the triquesta as symbolising the Trinity with those who use the same symbol to reprisent something different.

Do you see the point I am trying to make?

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

I have gone through around 22 topics so far and so far I have not found an attack on a person by standing... unless it is the one that a moderator snipped in The Message. Even then, from what was left, I do not think it was a personal attack in the light of God's word. As standing said, 'Peter was accused by the Lord of doing the works of the devil.' From what I see, standing was addressing someone accusing him and he told them the devil was using them. Is it wrong to say the devil is not allowed to work through a christian even though Peter evidently was used of satan in that incident?

Going to look for more. Be back later.

11. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

May I ask why? Being from Utah growing up with the LDS religion. I am wondering if you have the same reason as they do. Just curious.

I am going to assume you are not totaly against the cross in your church, since you have at least one, on the flag.

12. His Blood Spoke My Name

I just went through the last of the threads and find no instance whatsoever of standing attacking anyone.

Can you show me exactly where he has attacked anyone?

13. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

It may help to read part one of this thread.

The Triquestra - Holy or Unholy Trinity

It is at the bottom of this Baptist debate forum.

14. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

May I ask why? Being from Utah growing up with the LDS religion. I am wondering if you have the same reason as they do. Just curious.

I am going to assume you are not totaly against the cross in your church, since you have at least one, on the flag.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I really don't know why they don't display any crosses at our church--I have only been going to that church since October, 2004 and that is a new building we are in-- the first service they had in that building was May 7, 1997, a Wednesday night service.

No, we are not against the cross in our church--the cross and the blood are preached there. We have a new pastor and things are changing--slowly. We are small right now, but growing. Perhaps sometime in the near future, we might even get an outside sign on the building and maybe even a steeple?

15. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Sounds like you all are just slow to decorate. I know something about that being short on $$ all the time and fairly new in a home. [​IMG]

16. His Blood Spoke My Name

Mr DeeJay,

I went to the Triqustra page as you suggested and I noticed once again that the attacks did not originate with standing, but with many others who disagreed with the message.

Standing did say one thing that some may consider an attack, telling some to go ahead and worship a pagan symbol and drink their alcohol, but it looks more like he was being sarcastic there rather than an attack.

And even after standing left the topic on page 12, the attacks on his character continued.

Now I ask, is that christian?

17. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

That was not sarcastic. He ment it and it was a pretty mean attack.

That is all I have to say, you will just have to stick around and see.

18. His Blood Spoke My Name

Mr DeeJay,

I see it as sarcastic, but let's look at the facts here.

The facts point to the fact that standing was attacked way before making that statement. Yet I do not see anyone saying anything about those attacks against standing.

Because of this, one can only surmise that because some do not like the message, they attack the messenger.

I will stick around, but from what I have read in the many posts so far, I will most likely see more of the same... attacks toward someone who professes Christ by others who profess Christ.

As James wrote, why fight? What is it accomplishing? How is attacking a fellow christian furthering the gospel?

19. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I do not want to turn this into a how has standing done me wrong post. It is unnessessary. There is nothing personal against SFiC. I think he may be a nice guy in person. There are alot of posts I agree with him. I think under it all he has a different, yet likeable personality. In fact if I meet SFiC I want to buy him a beer [​IMG] . But this is a debate forum where we post ideas and opinions for the express purpose of having somebody disagree and debate.

When I post here I expect disagreement. It just so happens SFiC posts opinions that are really disagreable.

Looking back thru this thread I have not seen any attack on SFiCs person. Only his opinions and ideas and how he refuses to consider the possibility he may be wrong. Ideas are fair game. Please quote an attack on his person that has nothing to do with his ideas.

20. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

The fact is that not one person took this as sarcastic. Everybody took it as an attack and for a reason.

I think it best to delay this conversation until SFiC is back and can answer for himself. Ask him if he ment what he said or if he was being sarcastic. Otherwise we are just speculating.

Besides I feel uncomfortable discussing him with out him here so I am done for now. [​IMG]