1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Cross - Holy or Unholy symbol

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gtbuzzarp, May 17, 2006.

1. His Blood Spoke My Name

So, mr epistomaniac, if you feel all have used strong words (I noticed you say standing 'attacked', but others only used 'strong words,'...

... why are you only attacking standing? and it still goes on.

This is why I mention agenda. Everyone else can attack standing and they are just mentioned having strong words, but standing stands on God's Holy Word and His command against seeing Him in art formed by man (which would include the triqueta whether one wants to admit it or not), and he is accused of attacking people. As I said, standing is not attacking the people, but the object as being satanic and the child of God should put it away from him.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I must have missed that. Please quote somebody doubting SFiC position in Christ.

On another note, I think it is nice SFiC found a friend. I have been woried he has not been playing well with others. [​IMG]

Just kidding

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

DeeJay, several called him hypocrital. Do you know what a hypocrite is? A hypocrite is an actor. They are saying he is not saved, that he is acting like a christian.

One even accused him of being in the occult.

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

This not true. A Christian can certainly act in a hypocritical manner. The call of hypocrisy had to do with standards toward others that he did not want to live in himself. No one has questioned his salvation and to make that statement is clearly wrong. No one is or has said that SFIC is just acting like a Christian. I would encourage you to understand your terms before you falsely accuse anyone in here of the terrible act of questioning anyones salvation. Also, if you really feel this has been done you need to report it to the moderators, as it is against BB rules to question anothers salvation. Hypocrisy does not equal un-saved. Either here or in the Scripture.

Bro Tony

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

No, you misunderstand. Nobody was questioning his salvation. Calling him a hypocrite is in reference to his condeming one symbol and not another for the same reason. Like the cross or his tiger.

Accusing him of being in the occult was in reference to the tiger he (formerly) had on his avitar. It was a facicous (sp?) argument used only to point out how absured SFiCs original argument was. SFiC understood the reason for this argument as did everybody eles.

Besides the original intent of SFiCs original post was to accuse others of being in a occult.

6. standingfirminChrist

No, DeeJay, there is another false accusation. I never once accused anyone in the OP of being in the occult.

My intention was to address a question asked by another what the triquestra was. I was going to address it in the thread the question was asked, but that thread was closed down before I could answer.

As soon as I posted the information about the symbol, I was attacked. The more I found and revealed concerning the origin of the symbol, the more I was attacked. And, as observed by HBSMN, the attacks continued after I left the thread.

My intentions were not to accuse others of anything. After the attacks on me, I made statements concerning the fact that I do not understand why people who claim to be christians claim they see the trinity in that unholy symbol in light of the scripture and given the historical origin of it.

7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Alright, back to Achan:

Achan got himself in trouble for disobedience, not because he had a pagan article in his tent. Not only was he disobedient but he also stole from God:

Jos 6:18 But as for you, only keep yourselves from the devoted thing, lest when ye have devoted it, ye take of the devoted thing; so would ye make the camp of Israel accursed, and trouble it.

Jos 6:19 But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are holy unto Jehovah: they shall come into the treasury of Jehovah

OH! Wait! Did this scripture just say that pagan articles were "HOLY UNTO JEHOVAH"? What? If what you and StandingFirm are saying is true, when did God change His mind about using so-called pagan articles for His own glory?

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Maybe all of us who claim to be Christians see you intentions differently. Maybe those of us who claim to be Christians would appriceate if you would show a little grace when you debate. But if you can not show grace to those of us who claim to be Christians then dont complain about people attacking you.

9. standingfirminChrist

DeeJay, It was I who was attacked because of the message, maybe I deserve the same grace? Or is it just a one way street?

Again, I see you bolded the word claim in my quote. I did not bold that word in the original quote, so you are misquoting me. Reading beyond what I said. My statement was not questioning someone's salvation as you make it look by bolding that word.

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

And once again, the attacks continue on standing.

Standing, you must really be doing something right for people to continue to persecute you.

11. menageriekeeper

Hmph! I haven't attacked anyone!

I simply posted scripture refuting your position and asked a question.

12. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

why do you consider me and others to be "attacking" standingfirm and you.. yet, neither you nor he is said to be "attacking" me or others who disagree with him about the triquestra?

the fact is, I am not attacking standing firm any more then he or you are attacking myself or others. I happen to think that he is absolutley wrong in accepting the symbol of the cross and rejecting the triquestra. in this, both he and you are being hypocritical, you deny to tohers what you want to keep for yourselves.... you deny others the right to be reminded of the Trinity by the design of the triquestra, when you keep for yourself the (originally) pagan symbol of the cross because for you, the cross is ok... you are reminded of Christ and His sacrifice... you see I and others of those who have defended the right of others to use the triquestra if their conscience permits it, and to also use the cross despite its pagan usage both B.C. into the modern day .... but... since your conscience is bothered by the triquestra, you are unable to be satisfied with that alone, you have to insist that what your conscience is bothered by, has to bother everyone else's, and if they/we/me refuse to have our freedom in Christ ruled over by you or standing firm, then you whine about other's disagreeing with you, but, once again, you can't stop there, you (but esp standingfirm) have to accuse others of occultish leanings, and you say you have to wonder about whether or not others are "of God" or not...

blessings,
    Ken

13. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

the Jehovah's Winesses say the same thing... lol

blessings,
    Ken

14. standingfirminChrist

Menagerie, if you back up a couple scriptures once again, you will see that the items were accursed to the people of God. God said He would make them holy unto Him, but they were accursed to the people. Achan's sin was not just disobedience, but also bringing the accursed thing into the camp.

Joshua 6:17-19 And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent. And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD.

15. standingfirminChrist

epistomaniac, you are a riot. trying to once again say it is me who is the attacker. No, it is not me that attacked.

16. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

and yet you continue to use the cross, which was formally a pagan symbol and is now a Christian symbol..... funny that... ehhh? sneaking in Achan's stash are you? lol....

17. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

yep... a one man riot... thats me... standing against all the wiles of the devil... standing for God even if I have to do it all alone... being persecuted for defending the righteousness of God, the Savior and the Holy Spirit... and all the while, defending the American way and the dignity of my kid's 3rd grade class.....

blessings,
    Ken

18. His Blood Spoke My Name

Acts 17:30 Therefore having (a)overlooked (b)the times of ignorance, God is c)now declaring to men that all everywhere should repent,

19. menageriekeeper

Now wait minute. What do you suppose God did with them after they were in His treasury. I don't believe we'll find He carried them off to heaven to use, but instead He had HIS PEOPLE use them to His glory and for His worship.

If He directly ordered His servants to use a pagan article for His service, when did He change the orders to we must now never associate anything of His with a pagan article?

You are arguing the indefensible.

20. menageriekeeper

His Blood, God didn't overlook it if He directly ordered it.