1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Cross is Useless,Pointless...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rigz, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rigz

rigz Member

It is not Rigz but Calvin (and Washer is a blind Calvinist)who has fashioned a God contrary to God of the bible.

Loot at this quote;
    They again object, Were not men predestinated by the ordination of God to that corruption which is now held forth as the cause of condemnation? If so, when they perish in their corruptions they do nothing else than suffer punishment for that calamity, into which, by the predestination of God, Adam fell, and dragged all his posterity headlong with him. Is not he, therefore, unjust in thus cruelly mocking his creatures? I admit that by the will of God all the sons of Adam fell into that state of wretchedness in which they are now involved; and this is just what I said at the first, that we must always return to the mere pleasure of the divine will, the cause of which is hidden in himself. But it does not forthwith follow that God lies open to this charge. -Institutes 3:23:4

Some thinking men (like me)pondered why God condemns some to damnation for their sin/corruption yet He is the one who predestined or made them corrupt. Calvin's answer was that it is all for the 'pleasure of the divine will'

This is unbiblical and blasphemous that God makes man corrupted and then destroys him on the basis of corruption.

My question is, what is the value of the cross to such men who God predestinated to be corrupt by his eternal decree?

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man corrupted himself in Adam's fall. Thank Adam, and not God, for that.

3. rigz

rigz Member

But Calvin insists that man corrupted himself by eternal decree of God. Did you read the quote I just posted?

It is God who made man corrupt himself!

They again object, Were not men predestinated by the ordination of God to that corruption which is now held forth as the cause of condemnation? If so, when they perish in their corruptions they do nothing else than suffer punishment for that calamity, into which, by the predestination of God, Adam fell, and dragged all his posterity headlong with him. Is not he, therefore, unjust in thus cruelly mocking his creatures? I admit that by the will of God all the sons of Adam fell into that state of wretchedness in which they are now involved; and this is just what I said at the first, that we must always return to the mere pleasure of the divine will, the cause of which is hidden in himself. But it does not forthwith follow that God lies open to this charge. -Institutes 3:23:4

4. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is not man, nor is He anywhere close to being a man. His thoughts and ways are not our ways, either. God does not have to cater to you, me, Brothers Iconoclast, Internet Theologian, TCassidy, Salty, et al.

God placed the Tree of Life in the Garden. Both sides agree with this. Now, why did He do that? One side will say He did so to give man a choice to either serve Him or not. The other side says He did so, so that man would fall and become dependent upon Him.

If Adam had eaten of the Tree of Life, he would have lived forever outside of Christ. He would have obtained his own eternal life outside of God's assistance.

That is why the fall of mankind was necessary. So that mankind would have to rely upon God.

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. rigz, aka vooks, is no longer with us.

6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hallelujah! I knew there was something fishy about rigz. Vooks is just as scary. Did you notice his avatar of a snake with its mouth open? o_O Cautious :confused: :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

He's a bitter fella.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is the epitome of the Romans 9 objector. :(

9. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This goon, thankfully, has been banned. The reason why I am responding is to defend myself and my position as to how I see things in regards to cross, and to whom it as for.

This is the epitome of the Romans 9 objector. God has power of the lump of clay, and it is His right to do with us as He deems right. We are the clay, He is the Potter. Some of His objects are objects of mercy and others are objects of His wrath. He is patient with the objects of His wrath so that He can gather back into the sheep pen the objects of His mercy. Once the last sheep is back into the sheep pen, then He will fully mete out His wrath upon the objects of His wrath. As Paul so poignantly stated it..."But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God?"

Why did God choose some and not others? Why did He choose any? Why did He not choose all? These questions only God can answer. God would have be right, just and holy to not save a soul.

Done answered...done AND done! Toodles noodles! S'long!!

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed. Started by now banned member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.