1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Danger of Door-to-Door Evangelism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Deacon, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually they are still doing it. Vacum cleaner sales people still go door to door. Long distance services still go door to door to businesses.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And some do not read all of their Bible just the parts that fit their paradigm. Take a look at a part of scripture it is obvious you have not read otherwise you would not have posted this unfortunate post.

1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
    1Co 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
    1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
    1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
    1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

It is clear that Paul understood how he approached people was very important to the end goal which is that they would be saved.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Wherever Paul went he approached people and told them the gospel of salvation. It didn't matter whether if he was in the open or at a house:

[FONT=&quot]Acts 17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Acts 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,[/FONT]

Paul was very evangelistic obeying the Great Commission to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

I have done a lot of door to door evangelism over the years. It can be very effective. Every house is different. After an introduction one talks to a person according to their background and their needs. If they don't want to talk at all then try and give them a tract and move on. You have done what you can.

The Bible commands us to be witnesses (Acts 1:8). We leave the rest up to him.

4. T Alan

T Alan New Member

If the gospel is shared, God will do the work with He intends to do. Yes, that's what I'm saying.
    Frequency isn't an issue. Yes, Jesus will have all them the Father gives Him.
    I witness for obediance, Yes. I also witness because "I" get pleasure from sharing the truths of the Gospel. But to say something "HE" said do is not "necessary" is a ground I won't stand on.

Whenever I believe the Spirit of God Almighty is leading. Various times and various places. Not always "cold calls" at someones home.

I didn't want to bust you out but since you speak this about yourself, I can at least agree with you.

As for the last sentence, I have read that AND I understand it "in context". It is not about "eternal salvation" of non elect.

Great words Huh?

Again, this is not "eternal salvation".

DHK, I agree with you above.I haven't read much you've posted in the forum before but it seems we have like understanding in many areas save Election and Actual Atonement. God Bless.

5. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Wouldn't this Tread be best placed in the Ministry, Misson, Evangelism Box

I noticed a fenced off area for Ministry, Missions, Evangelism. It seems right to me that this post would be there. How about it Rev.Mitchell, do you agree?

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

That is part of the "Fellowship" section of the forums, not debate.

7. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm beginning to believe that there's not anything we here can "fellowship" about without it turning into a attempted beat down.

8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a big fan of door to door witnessing, but not for the same reason Christianity Astray says. There are just too many distractions and it's been my experience that the home owner is on the defensive.

We do a lot of public evangelism, but one on one and open air preaching. But we're so far out in the sticks that door to door isn't practical, anyway.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Door to door evangelism, even if it is just tract distribution accomplishes a number of things.
    1. It gets the Word out. We are commanded in Acts 1:8 to be his witnesses. In this respect a personal witness is better than leaving a tract. But if the person is not home some literature concerning both salvation and the local church are good to leave.
    2. It makes known to the community that you are there, a presence in the community willing to help at any time. Remember we are the light of the world and the salt of the earth. We need to make ourselves available to the needs of the community.

Having said that, what happens when the local church stops their evangelism and ceases to be that light in their community?
    Here is an interesting article to see the consequences:
    http://www.worthynews.com/top/washi...-blankley-christianity-exits-europe-crimina-/

10. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not against it, I just believe we should be wise stewards of our time and, for us, it wouldn't be the wisest way to go about evangelizing our community, particularly since it can be a mile or more between homes.

Like I said, we still do plenty of one on one evangelism and open air.