1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Danger of the Church Growth Movement's Compromise

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Lou Martuneac, May 23, 2007.

1. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

Dr. Ketchum:

I appreciate the helpful articles you have linked to from here. These dangerous philosophies are gaining a foothold in some of our circles, and this must be resisted.

Btw, Hybels may have admitted failure in his philosophy, but he just committed a colossal and grievious error in regard to Islam. See Hybels & Warren: Islam

LM

2. Beth

Beth New Member

Great thread, guys

Great thread, I am very edified and convicted by the posts!

3. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

Beth:

I am happy to know you found this helpful.

LM

4. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ah, church growth movement.

41 years a Christian, and here is what I have seen:

When the church was actively evangelistic, preaching salvation about every service and doing the discipling in Sunday School and Discipleship Training (Yeah, I am OLD) the church grew. The church was strong. People got saved and then discipled.

Now we focus on church growth, so we have to do worship service, both the preaching and the singing the way the UNSAVED like it so they will attend. We talk a lot of vague feel good God talk in the service, but never preach the gospel and seldom give an invitation to GET SAVED. Rather, we invite them to join the church.

That leaves us with an unregenerate membership, and the church becomes just another social club. And it leaves those new members and high attendance folks unsaved and on the road to hell from a church pew, thinking they are in God's graces.

May God forgive us, and may we once again shoulder the burden of evangelizing rather than assimilating.