1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The day after the election:

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mexdeaf, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Wyman Richardson
    Pastor, First Baptist Church
    Dawson, Georgia

Dear Friends,

For months now my email Inbox has been besieged by nearly hysterical warnings about what will happen if Barack Obama becomes President. I have been encouraged to be worried, afraid, concerned, prepared for disaster, and a whole host of other maladies if this happens.

I do not deny the importance of this election, but it seems to me that we need a dose of perspective. So here, on the eve of the election, I would like to start my own email concerning this election. It's a "True/False" test. I'd like for all of us to take it. Feel free to email it on to whomever:

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, Jesus will
    still be King.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, our
    responsibilities as Christians will not have changed one iota.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, the greatest agent for social change in America will still be winning the hearts and minds of men and women through the gospel, not legislation.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, my primary citizenship will still be in this order - (1) the Kingdom of God, (2) America, not vice-versa.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, the tomb will still be empty.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, the cross,
    not the government, will still be our salvation.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, our children will still be more concerned with whether or not we spend time with them than with who is President.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, my neighbor will still be my neighbor, and loving him/her will still be the second greatest commandment. (Do you know the first?)

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, the only way to see abortion ultimately overturned will still be winning men and women to a high view of life through the gospel of Christ.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, the only way to see gay marriage ultimately defeated will still be winning men and women to a biblical view of marriage through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, my retirement will still not match my treasure in Heaven.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, "Jesus Is
    Lord" will still be the greatest truth in the Universe.

True/False: The day after the election, regardless of who wins, we will still
    know that God is in control.

2. Ed B

Ed B Member

True and Amen!

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Absolutely true and something that should have been preached days and weeks and months before the election too.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Indeed, it was.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder what would be thought of a rabbi circulating a similar poll in Germany in the 1930's. No matter what, Jehovah is still in charge. He'd have been thought a fool, and his actions a cop out.