1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Days Are Coming When There Will Be A New Covenant With Israel & Judah

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by beameup, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beameup

beameup Member

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the
    land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD,
    I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me,
    from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
    Jeremiah 31:31-34

#1 beameup, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Happened almost 2000 years ago! Sad that some haven't understood that yet!

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Even sadder some will say it happened 2000 years ago.

4. beameup

beameup Member

Perhaps I should have referenced the entire chapter.
    Of note might be the reference to "all the seed of Israel" in vs. 37.
    Also, for consideration, the phrase "being a nation" in vs. 36.
    An then there is the phrase "the city shall be built" in vs. 38.

Of course, there are specific Jerusalem landmarks mentioned in vs. 39-40...
    like: And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.
    And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner
    of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more
    forever.

Sure sounds like "genetics" and "real estate" to me.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like this?

26 And while they were eating, Jesus having taken the bread, and having blessed, did brake, and was giving to the disciples, and said, `Take, eat, this is my body;'

27 and having taken the cup, and having given thanks, he gave to them, saying, `Drink ye of it -- all;

28 for this is my blood of the new covenant, that for many is being poured out -- to remission of sins;

6. beameup

beameup Member

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel *after those days*, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
    Hebrews 8:7-12

I'm sure that Israeli's (ie: genetic Hebrews) will find this New Testament Epistle very instructive as they
    truly seek God following the "snatching away" of the Church (the Body of Christ) from the earth. :wavey:

#6 beameup, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  7. OldRegular

If the Church is gone who is going to preach the Gospel to those left behind?

8. OldRegular

Regardless of what you or anyone else on this BB believes or claims the Bible states that the New Covenant was instituted by Jesus Christ about 2000 years ago as Icon noted earlier. It is a mystery why professing Christians refuse to believe this truth. The fact that the New Covenant of Jeremiah is repeated verbatim in Paul's letter to the Hebrews makes it even more a mystery.

Of course if you believe that there is more than one Gospel then I suppose anything goes!

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The 144,000 who come to Christ during the Great Tribulation, not to mention the 2 witnesses that will have the entire worlds attention.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Apples and oranges.

11. OldRegular

Who preached Christ to the 144,000 during the Grrreat Tribulation since the Church is gone?

12. OldRegular

No! The New Covenant prophesied by Jeremiah, instituted by the death of Jesus Christ, and verified by His Resurrection.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Many people have heard and rejected the Gospel, not that they never heard it or somehow forgot it. Its not like books, literature, video, etc. Won't exist at the start of the great tribulation.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...which has nothing to do with the great tribulation.

15. OldRegular

Talk about apples and oranges, that is fruit and nuts!

Those who believe and are saved by the Gospel of Jesus Christ are a part of the Bride of Jesus Christ. You are telling me that God takes the Church, the Bride of Jesus Christ, out of the world to spare them from the Grrreat Tribulation but yet He leaves some of the Bride, the Church, on earth during the Grrreat Tribulation.

16. OldRegular

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus Christ was talking to the Believers.

Anyone who gets caught up in the so-called Grrreat Tribulation should read about the persecution of Christians by the Empire of Rome. Fed to the lions or dipped in pitch and used as candles for the Roman entertainment! Now that was tribulation.

17. OldRegular

[
    But it has everything to do with the truth!

18. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    19 For those days shall be tribulation, such as there hath not been the like from the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never shall be.
    30 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, until all these things be accomplished. Mk 13

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John;
    2 who bare witness of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, even of all things that he saw.
    3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand. Rev 1

I come quickly: hold fast that which thou hast, that no one take thy crown. Rev 3:11

And behold, I come quickly. Blessed is he that keepeth the words of the prophecy of this book.,,,,,,,,,, And he saith unto me, Seal not up the words of the prophecy of this book; for the time is at hand.,,,,,,,, Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is.,,,,,,,,,,,,,, He who testifieth these things saith, Yea: I come quickly. Amen: come, Lord Jesus. Rev 22:7,10,12,20

What's sad is how few there are that seriously considers what's actually been written.

Hoi polloi prefers sensational speculation over what we've actually been told.

#18 kyredneck, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  19. beameup

beameup Member

The "main harvest" will be brought in during the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation.
    We, as the "first fruits" will be safely tucked away in the third-heaven following the harpazo.
    The "main harvest" will reach every corner of the earth and will surpass the (approx) 2,000 year "first fruit" harvest.
    The "gleanings" (harvest) will be during the Great Tribulation (last 3 1/2 years) and will be for the "poor in spirit", who will enter the Millennium.

#19 beameup, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  20. beameup

beameup Member

How was Paul saved? Same-same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.