1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Days Are Coming When There Will Be A New Covenant With Israel & Judah

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by beameup, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pink was dispy in his early years but like many others saw "the modern and pernicious error of Dispensationism" and not only left it, but wrote against it in his last days.

Brief bio here:

The Preacher That Nobody Wanted

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A little more on Pink. I knew he was a dispensationalist who saw the light but had forgotten about it. Found the following for sale.

I have stated on this BB a number of times that, instead of Rightly Dividing Scripture as Scofield wrote, dispensationalism splinters Scripture.

4. OldRegular

Thanks for the link. Following are a few choice words by Pink:

Pink makes the point I tried to make in post #94.

Crossway has come out with a new Study Bible based on the ESV called the Gospel Transformation Bible in which they say:
    I have done little study in this Bible but it seems to be worthwhile for those who have already done independent study of Scripture. I am not in favor of sticking a study Bible in the hands of a novice Christian other than the Thompson Chain Reference Bible which I believe is doctrinally neutral.

#104 OldRegular, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

But this is not true is it?
    Contrary to what you say, God has chosen to conceal much from man, including you. What saith the Lord?

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
    --The secret things belong unto the Lord--not to you. Some things you will never know. They are concealed from you.

Romans 11:33-36 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
    --His judgments are unsearchable, his ways past finding out. They are concealed from you.
    Furthermore, are you his counselor? Do you know the depths of the riches of his wisdom and of his knowledge? They are concealed from you unless you are claiming to be deity! They are concealed from you.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    --Paul definitely delineates all things that are concealed from you: what your eyes have not seen, what your ears have not heard, what has not entered your heart or mind. All has been concealed from you. How then do you contradict him and say you know all. He has not concealed anything from us. That is a big contradiction OR!

Thus if you are going to make the absurd accusation that the dispensationalist worships another God, then look at those fingers that point back at yourself.

The dispensationalist sees the same God working as it says in Hebrews 1:1,2 in different ways in different periods of time to different people. Why would you want to contradict the Scriptures?

6. OldRegular

DHK
    I have highlighted a certain part of the above post to which you have responded. Note that I say: Scripture, in general, is not written to conceal anything from man.

I did not say that God revealed everything about Himself to man. We have in His written Word certain things He chose to reveal about Himself. In general those things can be understood by man with the aid of the Holy Spirit. The only exceptions that comes to mind now are one of the prophecies He gave to Daniel and then what John heard from the seven thunders in Revelation 10. There may be others but I do not recall any at this time. Again, please read what I say. I said: Scripture, in general, is not written to conceal anything from man.. In fact Scripture is written to reveal to mankind those things that God wanted man to know about Himself. I have never said that Scripture has included all there is to know about God. In fact you might consider the following:

John 20:30. And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

John 21:25. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's what I intended to say some 35 posts back. Wow, you guys were busy overnight!

I appreciate the link to the introduction to dispensationalism, too, DHK, thanks.

OR ...

Read it. Study it. Understand it. Dispensationalism isn't the "dangerous" or "hair-brained" theology you obviously have been led by others to believe it is. I say "others" because your comments -- or lack thereof -- indicate no study on your own whatsoever. Thanks, and God bless.

8. OldRegular

All dispensationalists not only contradict but sadly ignore John 5:28, 29 which clearly teach a general resurrection and general judgment. You should read them DHK for your edification and learning.

John 5:28, 29
    28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Scripture is not written...to conceal anything from man.
    Is not any different from:
    God (Scripture) has revealed everything to man.

They are the same statement OR, just written differently.

10. OldRegular

I like what Pink. Newport, and Cox, all former dispensationalists, have to say.

When you or DHK can prove definitively that John 5:28, 29 does not say what it says; when you or DHK can present Scripture that definitively shows a pre-trib "snatching away" of the Church; when you or DHK can present Scripture that show that Ryrie, Walvoord, Pentecost are correct about their doctrine of the "parenthesis" {Walvoord}, "intercalation {Ryrie}, or "interruption" {Pentecost} in God's program for Israel; when you can do these two things then we will have something to talk about.

11. OldRegular

I have never said that God has revealed every thing to man. You can post what you wish DHK but others on this BB know the truth, even if you do not!

So you know what Daniel could not understand in Daniel 12:8., 9. Perhaps you can reveal that on this BB.

Daniel 12:8, 9
    8. And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
    9. And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

And what the Apostle John heard the "seven thunders" say?

Revelation 10:3, 4
    3. And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
    4. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Then you are truly special DHK!

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. Have you read carefully the link I provided for you? The information presented there is short and to the point. It is not lengthy.
    2. Have you yourself read Ryrie, Walvoord, and Pentecost? They all prove their own points by Scripture. Why do you want either one of us to simply regurgitate what they have already written for folks like you? Do your own homework!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't contradict yourself!
    This is what you said:

That is the same as saying that God has revealed everything to man. You can't deny it OR.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

15. OldRegular

A lie is a lie no matter how often you repeat it. Go back and read Hebrews 1:1,2. What does it say; well nothing about dispensations that is for sure.

Hebrews 1:1, 2
    1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

God spoke to man through the prophets and finally through Jesus Christ. Why? To reveal to man that which he wanted man to know about Himself. That is the purpose of Scripture; To reveal to man what God wanted man to know. That is certainly not everything about God. That should be fairly simple for you to understand DHK!

16. OldRegular

Not you by any means!

Sadly a lot of novice Christians got a Scofield Bible before they knew anything about what the Bible teaches. My oldest living brother got one when he was first saved. Took him a while to get over it. Some never do!

17. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

How many times has a dispensationalist denied this to you?

You fail to realize that Dispensationalists understand and agree with you that there is indeed a General Resurrection.
    They also understand, however, that that doesn't contradict Dispensational thinking.
    If you understood Dispensational thinking adequately, you would already know that.

T.N.D's advice to you is sound. You would do well to learn more about it. D.H.K's link is a very good introduction.

18. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

Impossible, at least, not with any comprehension.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I understand that perfectly OR. But that is not what you said.

You said:
    IOW, Man should know everything God knows. Scripture is not written to conceal anything from man. "Anything" means anything, or that God should reveal everything to man. You made it all-inclusive.

Now you have written what you should have written in the first place.
    "God has revealed to man that which he wanted man to know about Himself."
    --That is not everything; it is not "concealing anything," etc.
    It is, as you have written this time, God revealing to man what He wants us to know about Himself.

Now let's add to it. Revelation is progressive. Noah knew more than Adam. Abraham knew more than Noah. Moses knew more than Abraham. Samuel knew more than Abraham. Solomon knew more than Samuel. Isaiah knew more than Samuel. John the Baptist knew more than Isaiah. And the Apostles knew more than them all.
    Revelation is progressive. God spoke in different ways to all of those different individuals at different times through history.
    Adam--he walked in the garden with them.
    Noah--He gave him instructions, probably audibly.
    Moses--spoke to him threw a burning bush, and then as it were "face to face."
    Abraham--vision, theophany,
    Samuel--audibly when a child
    Isaiah--vision in chapter 6; dreams, in a voice.

He spoke in different ways.
    But now he speaks through his Son (through his Word) in this dispensation or in these last days.

#119 DHK, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know that when I 1st got saved, I had a real (and I mean real) level of heightened awareness as if the HS was guiding me through the rough waters. Weird as it may sound, I became able to discern wolves & bad gospel from really serious spiritual stuff. As George Whitfield once commented, "He is with me always!" :godisgood:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.