1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The deception of the Bible Literacy Project

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, May 15, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Virtually banned from American schools in the early '60s, the Bible has faced a rising onslaught of wrath, ridicule and legal assaults. So, why after all these years would liberal opponents suddenly turn and support a textbook titled, "The Bible and Its Influence"? Why such enthusiastic acclaim for a controversial curriculum published for public schools by the Bible Literacy Project?

The answer may lie behind a man by the name of Charles Haynes, a key player in the work of the Bible Literacy Project.

More Here

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This is exactly why we shouldn't teach religion in public schools. What's wrong with teaching about the Bible in churches and Christian schools?

3. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I absolutely agree. I am 100% against teaching religion of ANY kind in public schools. If we allow Christianity to be taught, we open the doors to ALL religions, and I don't want my kids taught that other stuff. If there was ever a vote to teach religion in schools, I'd pull the NO lever.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I agree with JerryL, at this point we can't allow religion class or teacher lead prayer either, because of you allow Christianity, you allow all others, islam, wiccan, etc. It's not the schools responsibility to teach kids about Christianity, but parents and churches. That way you know what your kids are being taught.