1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The deity of Christ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No group has a corner on saying "stupid" things. :laugh:

I am quite serous when I say that it is Calvinist statements on the BB that have driven me away from Calvin.

Sometimes I wonder if Calvin would recognize himself and his beliefs as they are represented by many who call themselves Calvinist. There are times I think he would be horrorified at what is said using his name.

I think some of his [Calvin's] actions in Geneva were anything but Christian and I do believe that some of his beliefs were just plain wrong ... such as it is all right to execute rebellious children. He preached a sermon defending this view. I have seen references to it as well as examples of punishments given out to children. To date, I have not found the entire sermon. But I guess he actions are a topic for another thread.

Thanks for your calm, rational reply.

#41 Crabtownboy, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No references --you just like to stir the pot. No child was ever executed while Calvin was in Geneva. Why do you post such lies? Bring it on over to another thread,or start one of your own. Do you believe in telling the truth?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Robert for claiming that that Video you just posted is ridiculous..... I viewed it & I totally agree.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Yes, it is ridiculous, it shows that it is easy to find some nut to back your case, Calvinists or non-Calvinists!