1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Devil Goes To Church

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by tyndale1946, Nov 11, 2018.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One morning at church the preacher went into the pulpit and started preaching... As he was proclaiming the word of God to his congregation whose pew were full and not a seat was empty and he said during his delivery... Satan has been defeated and we all know his days are numbered and if he was to show up right now I would tell him so and so would each of the members... Not to long after he said those word well guess who makes an appearance in a puff of fire and smoke... The preacher is speechless, grabs his bible and heads for the exist with the whole congregation in hot pursuit, until the whole church is empty except one little old man who just looks unfazed and hasn't moved... Satan surveys the whole church and see this little old man and screams ... DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!... Shaking the church building and the foundation... The little old man replies in a calm voice... Yeah I know who you are... So the Devil goes and stands right in front of the little old man and looking him straight in the face says in gruff angry voice... AND YOU ARE NOT AFRAID OF ME?... The little old man calming shaking his head replies... No!... Well the Devil has never met anyone like this little old man before and it upsets him to know end... So he ask the little old man... Can you tell me why I don't scare you?... Why should I be, I've been married to your sister for over 60 years!... Brother Glen:Biggrin

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually this post is somewhat ironic (is that the correct word?)

Revelation 2 To the church of Pergamum:

Revelation 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sad to say, Satan Himself could go on any Sunday to many so called churches , and after listening to the sermon, his comment would be "Blank, just found my new head of the Heresy hell department!"

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note that Jesus is not necessarily condemnatory toward the church and the assembled at Pergamum but that Satan is there dwelling among them.

The church itself being faithful.

#5 HankD, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  6. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the devil goes to church regularly to whisper in the ear of ever so many ministers, "Keep it up! You're doing a great job!"

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sad to say, many of them actually think its the Holy Spirit talking to them!