1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Devil Is At Work In Lynchburg

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The devil is at work in Lynchburg Virgina promoting "gay rights". Fox News has published a story about SoulForce, a homosexual activist group, holding protests at Liberty University. Several of the activists were arrested because they trespassed on the property of Liberty University (they promote "rights" while breaking the law). The story can be found here.

So the devil is at work in Lynchburg? This time his mouth piece are spiritually dead homosexual activists. Some of these folks say some interesting things. What I want to do here is briefly examine some of the things SoulForce members (etc) are claiming in their Lynchburg protest.

==That is a lie from the pit of hell itself. Infact it is blasphemy. The Bible knows nothing of a "homosexual child of God", nothing at all. What does the Bible actually say? What does GOD HIMSELF actually say?

This person says that Liberty teaches that homosexuality is "sick and sinful" and they are 100% correct. Why does Liberty University teach this? Because it is what God has said.

Let's first deal with the "sick" portion. The Bible says that homosexuality is "unnatural" and "degrading".

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error" (Rom 1:26-27)

Since these sinful people had rejected the knowledge of God in favor of sin and idolatry (Rom 1:18-24) God turned them over to their sin. God says that their homosexual behavior is unnatural and leads to physical disease (see also Prov 5:11). So this person is right Liberty does teach that homoseuxality is sick. Liberty teaches this because that is what the Bible says.

Now lets deal with the sin part. The Bible is clear that homosexuality is sin. The Old Testament refers to homosexuality as an abomination (Lev 18:22, 20:13). The New Testament states that it is "error" (Rom 1:27) and that those who live as homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1Cor 6:9-10). This last fact seals the deal. Those who live as homosexuals will not enter heaven unless they repent of their sin and turn to Christ. If they refuse to do that they will inherit the lake of fire (Rev 21:8).

These homosexual activists are giving up eternity for temporal pleasure and "rights". Yet Christ calls us to give up our lives and our so-called rights and turn to Him. To take up the cross and follow Him. To die to ourselves and live to Him(see Jn 12:25-26, Matt 10:37-39, 16:24-26, Lk 9:23-26, etc, etc). You can't live in sin and claim to be a child of God (1Jn 3:9-10, Gal 5:19-21). In fact God, through Paul, warned:

"For this you know with certainty that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one decieve you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience." Eph 5:5-6

The leaders of these homosexual rights groups are decieving people right into hell itself when they claim that a person can be a homosexual and a Christian at the same time. It is deception, it is demonic, and it is a lie.

These people need to turn to Christ. They need to repent of their sin and place their faith in Christ. This is not only true of homosexuals it is true of all sinners. For this is the good news that all who are sinners (Jn 3:14-16) can be saved and brought into the family of God if they will repent and turn to Christ (1Cor 6:11).

The devil is at work trying to keep folks away from the good news. We must oppose the devil and his dirty tricks and bring people to Christ.

In Christ,
    Martin.

2. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

sick, sick, just sick America is, for allowing many to be desensitizing making wrong, right and right, wrong!

i am just waiting (not really but you will see) pediphiles coming out demanding rights and lowering consent age to 12. it's already started in subtle ways that many do not see. expanding may be needed later. who would have though 20-30 years ago people saying homosexuality was ok they are born that way? they may be born with that tendency to sin like other sins. now we will have molesters saying they were born that way too. they can't help it. they have rights (which many molesting fathers do have rights even now) God forbid!

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You sure can add incestous heterosexual relationships to the list, man. Oh, and while we're at it, the US Department of Education will probably be making it 'optional' for their students to study the 'normalcy' and 'appropriateness' and 'acceptability' of inter-familial sexual relationships, of grown man little boy or grown man little girl 'love relationships'.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

It is my sincere hope that Bush gets to put 2 more supreme court justices on the bench.

5. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

What amazes me is that any religious institution is a PRIVATE institution and so are it's grounds that the building resides on. The Gay community should respect that. They have no legal right to trespass on Liberty grounds at all. That's just plain trespassing and being a troublemaker. They should be thrown in the slammer for awhile.

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Get ready. These homosexual activists are targeting numerous Christian colleges and universities.

Amen to Bush appointing two more justices, as long as he sticks with those on the conservative end of the spectrum. I wouldn't want to see him appoint another Ruth Bader Ginsberg, just to pick up a few votes for the party off-year, or to placate the left.

The National Man-Boy homosexual group has a slogan that goes something like "Get them before 8 or it's too late."

God's Spirit will not always strive with us, folks. WE need to hit the streets with our Christian picket signs at every level of government and in front of every courthouse, including "the supremes." Meet at the church and pray before you march out, just like Christians everywhere did when they went to New Orleans and the other Gulf Coast states. Make the message clear and plain, Christ redeemeth sinful men!

7. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a change in the Supreme Court. Republicans are notorius for picking lemons when it comes to the Court.

Our solution is standing up in our churches and preaching the truth. Most churches can't handle the truth, so the preachers tickle the ears of the "members."

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Plain Old Bill said:

It is my sincere hope that Bush gets to put 2 more supreme court justices on the bench.

And what do you propose that the Supreme Court do about a bunch of gays in a bus exercising their constitutional right to speak their mind?

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I agree 100%. In fact I would say that picketing and protesting is a great big waste of time. Nobody listens. Our hope dare not be in government at any level. We can't hope for governmental reform (which may or may not come). Our mission is to change hearts and lives via the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. That is how we win the so called "culture war" you win it via the Gospel. We should vote for solid candidates, we should be involved in the public square making our views/concerns well known. We should not be silent. However protests will not help avoid or change the moral free for all in this country.

In Christ,
    Martin.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Plain Old Bill,
    I agree with you in this respect. If Bush gets a chance at two more nominations, then there is a slight chance of a movement in the court. Paul is also correct. Past practice of Republicans in this area is not good (ie Kennedy, Suiter, OConner, Warren, thats a good one). Neither of the major parties has the backbone or Spiritual insight to pick the people this country so desperatly needs.

11. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Not so very long ago homosexuality was a crime in every state in the USA. In the criminal statutes it was listed as "a crime against nature." If a bunch of perverted persons, espousing recognition of evil, want to exercise their constitutional right to speak their mind, let them stay inside the bus. I have a constitutional right and a moral obligation to object, to do everything possible to keep them from polluting the minds of our young people. In short, "the supremes" should limit their right to do what they do.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The situation is much worse than you think. Officials from the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, representing very conservative schools, are helping to plan an "equality ride" which has homosexual students/activists visiting the campuses of Christian colleges and universities across the country. Liberty denied them access, but Pacific Azusa and Biola are 2 that are hosting them.

Keep in mind that officials from the organization of these colleges is helping to sponsor this trip where the gay activists will visit classes and give talks explaining why the Bible is not against homosexuality. You have to read this to believe it (it was in the March 11 edition of the Washington Post). This is just a small excerpt.

The Bible tells us not to eat with those who call themselves Christians but persist in sin and are unrepentant, yet one of the schools is hosting the group at a breakfast.

I think it is fine for Christian colleges to bring this issue up and give the students tools for how to respond to it, and I even think a formal debate on campus might be okay to show students the biblical refutations of the pro-homosexual arguments (which have become increasingly sophisticated), but to host gay activists and give them a forum in classes is wrong. And for this Christian Council to help sponsor the whole thing is incredible.

13. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

genesis12 said:

If a bunch of perverted persons, espousing recognition of evil, want to exercise their constitutional right to speak their mind, let them stay inside the bus.

If a bunch of Bible-thumping Baptists, espousing their religious views, want to exercise their constitutional right to speak their mind, let them stay inside their church.

I'm not pro-gay rights, but you do appear to be a little unclear on the concept of the right to free speech.

14. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Baloney. There is a higher calling than the Constitution. When I have a choice, I choose the Bible and its admonitions against perversion. The Bible-thumping Baptists are fulfilling the Great Commission, sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ, while the perverted ones are promoting evil, even with children. I'll vote to let the former publicly state their views anywhere, and restrict the platform of the latter. If they don't remain within the restricted zone, arrest them.

15. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Baloney.

Baloney nothing. Last I heard, "Bible-thumping Baptists" still believed in the separation of church and state. As far as I know, that doesn't mean "free speech for Baptists, no free speech for homosexuals."

I'll vote to let the former publicly state their views anywhere, and restrict the platform of the latter.

When did self-proclaimed "Baptists" start demanding that the Supreme Court pass laws that favoured speech for them but disfavoured speech for their opponents? I didn't get the memos.

16. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Homosexuality is a sin, an abomination, but American Christians like to feel it's the worst. God doesn't have a list of 1-10 and different sins rank different on the scale. Ransom has an excellent point as Baptist we do not want the church controlling the state or vice versa yet we feel homosexuals shouldn't get rights of free speech? Very hypocritical. I'm against Homosexuality it's a sin but we need to love the sinner hate the sin.

17. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

You go Ransom! I love homosexuals, and so does Jesus. Leviticus is full of sins that we commit every day that are "abominations unto the Lord." Why is it that so many focus on a few convenient passages from the bible? Judging, last I heard was the sin that Jesus seemed to be most disturbed by. Oh, and making money off the church. Things do change, including the strict interpretation of rules of the old testement, or else why did Jesus die for our sins?

The bible is a great history of Judeo-Christianity but it has changed its focus upon the death of Christ.

I generally think people that focus so strongly on one sin versus another are feeling guilty and overcompensating. I will leave it up to God to judge whether or not HATING HOMOSEXUALS is a sin. Some may be very surprised to hear what he has to say on that day.

Certainly, the devil is at work, but in the hearts of those who call themselves loving Christians.

18. standingfirminChrist

According to Paul's writings to the Church, christians are to judge those that are within (those that are of the body of Christ), God judges those that are without (unsaved). Now, if one claims to be a christian is living such a lifestyle as homosexuality, I believe the church should put that member from among them. Put that one out of the church, but continue to pray that God may turn his or her heart.

We can judge. Jesus said in John 7:24 'Judge righteous judgment.'

19. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Of course, you can judge. And you will be judged. Have you done anything worse than these homosexuals? Like lie, steal... Why so much focus on what the Levites had a problem with? I eat pork... do you?

20. standingfirminChrist

Super,

In every thread I have seen you in, you put down the written Word of God. Jesus Himself told us to Judge righteous Judgment. I will do just that. Not just judging homosexuality, but any sin. And as the Spirit reveals sin in my life, I ask God to remove it.