1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE DIET THREAD #04

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 19, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am going to ask her to fix it. I know we don't have any type of mix, so we will have to get something.

2. Pete

Pete New Member

OH BAH HUMBUG! :mad: I've gotta join this thread :mad: :eek:

Quack has been going on at me for years "Your weight is gonna kill you....blah blah blah"......I'ld just roll my eyes, say "whatever", and go and grab a couple of Big Macs on the way home from the quack. Trouble is my back doesn't agree with my great "who cares" philosophy.....shame really because it was fun :(

But anyway yeah, at weigh-in a month or so ago I was up to 162kg (about 357lb), (still in who cares mode there), now after some rabbit food and bird seed, cutting way back on bread and cola (and running around like an idiot and being belted at a kids club) I hit 155kg (just under 342lb) in two weeks or so.

Had a nice couple of plate loads of fatty salty sugary fun on by birthday few weeks ago, but now all I have are my memories and dreams of fun....(insert a few smilies here that won't fit....I hate running out).

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You can always tell when I'm not 'doing well' losing weight. I don't post on this thread... :tear:

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Well, I cheated. :( Someone please kick me and get me straightened out!!!!

5. I Am Blessed 24

Was it the banana or the peanut butter?

6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

lol. It was the bread mainly, lol. I just have not been exercising good self control the last day or two, but I am going to try again tomorrow.

7. I Am Blessed 24

Try a smoothie. You can buy low carb peanut butter, yogurt and Splenda. Makes for a good breakfast or a snack.

Orange smoothies are good for breakfast too!

8. Pete

Pete New Member

UltraSlim shakes are a life-saver.

And I feel like I still have a bit of a life with Coke Zero :D

9. I Am Blessed 24

I've been drinking Coke Zero for a couple of months. It doesn't taste like a diet drink.

Those UltraSlim drinks are too expensive! That also includes SlimFast and Atkins.

That's why I started making low fat, low carb, Splenda (fresh fruit) smoothies...

#109 I Am Blessed 24, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2006
  10. Pete

Pete New Member

heh yeah, I wasn't keen when saw the price tag. I have deep pockets and short arms, and keep a couple of funnel-web spiders in pockets just in case ;) ....When I thought about it though it works out a bit under $1 or so for each meal replacement drink.

Go to the quack to try scales out again next Monday so get to see if all this hassle is worth it. If not.....BACK TO MACCAS!! :smilewinkgrin:

11. Pete

Pete New Member

I'm thinking of making a movie: The Incredible Shrinking Taxi Driver!!

At previous weigh-in just over a month ago I was around 342lb, today hit just under 329lb. Total so far since starting = 28lb. Doc wants to check up on me in 2 months, so I want to try get rid of another 22lb between now and then :) So yeah I'll report back in here in 2 months :)

Oh, and end target is 200-200lb.

Weights converted from kg to lb for the foreigners :tongue3: :smilewinkgrin:

12. I Am Blessed 24

Wow! That's GREAT, Pete! Keep up the good work! [​IMG]

13. I Am Blessed 24

Well, I'm on the wagon again.

I've lost 15 pounds so far. For some reason, I'm not as hungry since I've been on these heart meds. I'm not on any specific diet, I just don't eat as much per meal.

Hopefully, I can lose about 25 more pounds...

14. Pete

Pete New Member

Today I had 2 Big Macs, Large Fires, Large REAL Coke and Chocolate Sundae.

Because today at weigh-in I was 139kg, (around 306lb), grand total of loss so far is 23kg (50lb), want to drop about another 39kg (86lb).

15. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, Pete, you're doing GREAT! Maybe I could rub elbows with you and lose 50 lbs or so?? ;)

16. I Am Blessed 24

GREAT, Pete!

I'm stuck at the 20# plateau. I would like to lose about 20 more...

17. Pete

Pete New Member

PJ, better wait, because that still isn't half my target yet :eek: :)

Sue, I think the secret is find something that helps you to start losing it....and keep doing that ;)

18. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it's finding that something that's the problem for me. ;)
    What's your something, Pete?

19. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Great job, Pete! I finally found something that has helped me keep on track. I've lost 4# in 4 days. I know this will slow down, but it still feels good. I need to keep up with my dh. He's lost 30# and is almost to his goal weight. I started using calorie-count.com. It lets you keep a food log, and activity log, and it analyses your food and grades your nutrition. I also calculated my BMI and daily calories burned.The best part it's free!

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/account/report.php

20. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had some health issues recently that have put me back on profile and thus have gotten me fatter again. If I don't work out 5 or 6 times a week I gain weight just by looking at food. This really stinks!

I am going to the gym today pain or no pain and hopefully will start losing some weight again.