1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE DIET THREAD #04

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Tanning salons tend to do their best business in cooler/cold weather months. My sister owned a salon for several years, years ago. I miss it--ESPECIALLY in the cold weather months--that light/heat sure felt good!

2. chica3382

chica3382 New Member

That's what I thought too. I get a little down during the winter months anyways...I can only imagine what this season will bring. (ugh) Thought it would be good for the ol' psyche.

No method. Just a year and three months of upheaval, stress, discipline and developing the deepest love I have ever known....shaken, not stirred. If you could bottle THAT, my dear s814, you would be the millionaire. And you might just find that it could change your life. But you'd have to allow it to, and that's the tricky part. I've found that people are stubborn and would rather fight than surrender to a good thing when it (finally) comes their way.

Anyways.

If you knew me, you would know that I could use a little color. Just a touch, cz I'm whiter than snow. :) No winter Fake 'n Bake for this chica.

#162 chica3382, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since someone mentioned tanning, even though it has it's negative drawbacks (risk for skin cancer, aging, etc.) it also has some good benefits like vitamin D, offsetting Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), and studies have shown that a tan raises the metabolism slightly (always a good thing). The key...like anything in life...is moderation.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

No tanning OR sun for me. Doctor's orders. I've had several skin cancers removed because of the sun already. :(

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

How are you all doing?

Same weight so far. I have been trying to tread on a treadmill for 3 miles at 4 speed. I am hoping that this exercise will lower my blood pressure too.

Stay with it.

6. I Am Blessed 24

6 pounds...it's a start. I made up my own diet so I wouldn't feel deprived. Actually, it's not a diet, I'm just eating different and less.

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Wow! I Am Blessed 17!

6 pounds lost is a great start! Feel free to share your diet with us it just might help someone else to lose 6 pounds too.

What a great start and we want to be here to encourage you too!

8. I Am Blessed 24

I am making it up as I go. LOL

I usually have a small bowl of oatmeal, one slice of whole wheat toast and a juice glass of apple juice for breakfast.

For lunch I've been eating a small steak (grilled) 1/2 cup of skim milk, a small portion of veggies and some seedless grapes.

For supper, I eat what everyone else is having except I'm not eating potatoes or pasta right now.

Last night I had a chef salad with lite ranch dressing and a glass of water.

Tonight, I'm having 'Cabbage Dump'. The recipe is in one of the recipe threads. It is almost like goulash, except the cabbage replaces the pasta. It's really good!

I also drink a lot of Coke Zero. But I've always done that.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Today I have started a 10 pounds in 10 days diet leading up to Thanksgiving. I'll let you know how it works out.

10. s8147817430

s8147817430 New Member

What is winter fake-n-bake?

Is that tanning in the Polar regions?

11. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I Am Blessed 17

Thanks for sharing your diet! To me, it looks like a starvation diet! No wonder that you have lost 6 pounds so soon. For me to go on this kind of diet I would have to go to bed really early like before my last meal for the day. lol Of course, I have not tried your diet yet. I like the idea of personal diet in which you are using! May you continue to lose weight! You can do it! And the others on the thread can do it to with God's help.

Warning to all (including me). Thanksgiving Day is only weeks away!

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

What I should have said (or typed)

was : Keep up the good job!!

13. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Congrats on those pounds, Sue!! In three weeks, I'm down about 6-1/2 pounds with WW, but I have NOT been real "strict" with it.

And I wanted to ask, does anyone here know about the "Prism Diet"? It's a faith-based program that a friend of mine has been on this year. It worked great--for awhile. But then she came back to the "real-world" eating (it's a low-carb plan), and she's struggling. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it--it seems too focused on PUNISHMENT and strict regimentation to be successful long-term.

I personally think God wants us to EAT and ENJOY the food He gave us! Just not so MUCH of it! :laugh:

14. Pete

Pete New Member

15. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Okay, already!!! I've placed the fork on the table s-l-o-w-l-y.....and I'm backing AWAY from the food!

Thanks for the incentive! I just wish I'd seen this an hour ago! :laugh:

16. Pete

Pete New Member

Glad to help :D

17. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Happy Birthday!

I am Blessed 17! Today, you can have your cake and ice cream!

18. I Am Blessed 24

Yep! I did too. Happy Birthday to me. And since we're the same age, you can have some too! LOL

#178 I Am Blessed 24, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2007
  19. ivorytickler

ivorytickler New Member

I think I'll join you guys. My diet starts tomorrow.

Since I'm out of work now, I figure it's a good time to do a greatest loser routine and hang out at the gym half the day. I have to get in some kind of shape for a job search. It's bad enough being either fat or over 40 looking for a job. I'm both. I can do something about fat so here goes.

I'm going to follow a diet my sister does. It's moderate carb but you have your carbs in the morning. For lunch and later it's low carb.

I have to have two servings of dairy a day and 5 servings of low starch fruits and vegetables, which I can have any time. If I want complex carbs, I can have them for breakfast. No bread or starches after breakfast but I can eat my fruits and veggies any time. I can have all the lean protein I want.

My sister has lost about 25 pounds on this and says she feels great. I don't want to step on the scale tomorrow. I was down 17 pounds when my husband and I reconciled and I know I've gained better than half of it back since he's been home. He is so not good for my diet, lol.

Actually, I lose weight when stressed and I was stressed during the divorce. I'm stressed now so I should be able to shed weight fairly quickly. My husband says we're both going to the gym every morning since I'm going to be home. The exercise will be good for my stress levels too.

20. ivorytickler

ivorytickler New Member

Yeah, that not too much of it part, :laugh: That's the part I have trouble with.