1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The difference between Calvinists and Armenians (as I see it)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dale-c, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Please do for it is not my practice to do so and if I did then I was wrong and owe you an apology. You see I am not like you. If you are referring to when I ask you "if you are sure you are the elect" that is a question of how you know who the elect is? I still would like to know that for apparently you don't think I am so how do you know who is the elect?

#181 Brother Bob, Jul 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2006
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The drawing of the Holy Spirit. Man was created subject to vanity and self preservation, but also, why does man have a conscience? How can a man, bounded by their nature, even know what is right or wrong? If everything stems from desire of sin...there would be no knowledge of this. I understand in regards to righteousness...that man's works are like filthy rags, but Scripture doesn't say that every work man does is sin, regardless whether it's volunteering, helping a believer change a tire, or taking care of their parents.

#182 webdog, Jul 22, 2006
  3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

"Are you sure you are the elect" is no different than the question "is it possible there's a reason you didn't feel saved?" Both call into question whether the person is saved. I gave you the benefit of the doubt which is more than you offered me. Of course, I fully expect you to write a diatribe about how what I said was so much worse than what you said - that's your typical reaction. You seem to be incapable of admitting anything.

Honestly, Bob, I could go through tons of your posts and quote insult after insult. I'm not the nicest person, either, but in my opinion, you are one of the most mean spirited people I've met, let alone on this board.

Worse, you don't own up to things even when you have been shown to be in error. For example, you accused me of making things up. When I showed you that you said those exact words that you didn't feel saved, you simply defended your original statement, which you denied you had ever said!

Then, instead of apologizing for accusing me of making it up, you "gratiously" excused me from having to apologize to you, and then even said you wouldn't want it from me (yet another time the so-called "loving" Christian couldn't resist tossing a poisoned dagger into his reply)!

I know better than to expect an honest reply or an apology. So take the last word, and run with it any way you like. I'd rather not have anything more to do with you, so I'll refrain from responding to any more of your posts.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Apology

Npet;
    I apologize to you for anything I may of ever said that was unchristian by your standards or Gods. I agree I strongly debate but that does not make me a mean spirited person. I have never ever called you a Hypocrite or that you were unsaved. You have called me that. You still say that I am the worst on here but who are you to talk after the way you talk not just to me but all those who disagree with you. I will refrain from how I think you post to people and not just me. All your attacks on me have been when I was talking to someone else and not you. I could go back and produce many statements from you that is unkind to me and plenty of others. I know you are not in a position to critisize others for as you say you are not the kindest person on here. The reason you don't want to respond to me is because you don't have the Scripture to get yourself out of the hole you put yourself in. I don't care to accept my part in talking strongly but so do you and you go beyond. If you don't want to talk to me quit jumping in when I am talking to someone else. As I can recall almost every time I hae posted to you is when you have jumped in when I was talking with someone else. You think you have to defend every calvinist on here whether they are right or wrong. peace:smilewinkgrin:

5. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

BB. Look in the mirror. What do you see? You accuse others of the exact same thing you do. And you don't think that is hypocritical? You are something else....... not sure what!

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Are you on a special vendetta or what? Tell me what is your problem and why are you following me around. Don't you have anything better to do?

#186 Brother Bob, Jul 22, 2006
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Aaaahh, the sweetness of a C/A debate! NOT!!
    DHK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.