1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Doctrines of Grace and the preaching of the Gospel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herald, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which message is that again??? Oh, yeah:

Seems a bit dishonest to me??? How many time have we heard this in a public arena?:

8. "Calvinism/Determinism/DoG "IS" the Gospel."

Yet, when they preach it....well, I guess I've heard that many Calvinist/Determinist/DoGs are "Arminian at heart" when it comes down to their true convictions. :saint: How sweet! :cool:

Thanks for another great "honest" example of how your doctrine's gospel does not contain "pre-selection and no hope for some" ...through not disclosing the "whole gospel"!

As for my Gospel, I got nothing to hold back:

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed, for ALl who have been elected unto eternal life in christ shall receive him and be saved!

3. Herald

Herald New Member

Benjamin,

You, sir, are dishonest; manipulative. You rejoice in bringing your brothers in Christ down and assigning to them dishonest motives. Instead of seeking to bring brothers together you seek to divide. You have an unrepentant, hard heart. I have since apologized for my insensitive and angry rhetoric, but that is not your way. You consider yourself to be above reproach, but what you really are is an angry man who displays anything but the spirit of Christ. I have tried to avoid engaging with you because of the way you are. I pray that God prevails upon your hard heart.

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preach that "gospel", Yeshua1! :thumbs:

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Says the man of these words:
    I rejoice in bringing down your doctrine by exposing it for how it goes about to disguise the "rest of the story". If the truth hurts...

I seek the truth, the "whole" "Truth" in presenting the Gospel! I welcome division from those who don't, and "won't" because they have something to hide.

I have nothing to repent of...Sir! You do! I stand by the truth in which I am not ashamed to disclose the plan of God as I see it! GENUINE HOPE FOR ALL MEN!!! - according to the "Gospel!"

Again, why should I apologize for bringing "your doctrine's" lies to light and bringing them down by pointing to your lack of disclosure??? Your way of apology is to play one up-manship with it while sticking to your agenda, that is all.

I am a man of conviction that the Gospel is genuinely given for all men in truth! I fight the good fight! Your judgment of my character are merely self serving mis-representations.

You obviously "avoid" many things. ;) I pray that God show you the importance of spreading the "whole" Truth ("genuine" hope for all) when preaching - what you call the Gospel Truth!

Again, to any lurkers on this board who may have come by here during this joyful time looking to know God, who might be lead astray by being told His promises are only for the pre-selected few. To you I will apologize to that you have witnessed the agenda of some here. I know you can see how some will disguise their doctrines. [edit] His promises genuinely apply to "YOU"! It's (the you that this promise belongs to) is what is in the Bible for YOU and You can find it.

For the truth of this matter which started the agenda again by beginning this thread because in despise of my preaching the True Gospel to genuinely belong to "YOU" (thinking it insulting to "his" gospel), see here:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1936298&postcount=13

Be blessed in the Truth and a Very Merry Christmas to all!

#45 Benjamin, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
  6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Benjamin wrote:

You would first have to have an understanding of the teaching ,to begin to present it.

Your post is quite unlike the Apostle Paul who wrote this:
    Paul did not shrink back, he did not slacken sail, he declared all of the word of God.
    The fact that he mentions the doctrines of grace everywhere shows this truth.

You seem to have no place for the truth if you declare in your own words that you would never teach these things. So be it....we can see by your posts exactly who you are and what you do.

Then you post this:
    Yeah right...lol....almost unbelievable....lol

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::applause::applause:...sad as it is many are not prepared to go over these things.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul nor any of the apostles never said that. he did say Jesus died for sinners, for the church, for any who believe.....

also it is not a hiding of truth...here is how the godly brethren spoke of this:

:wavey::love2::thumbs:

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Benjamin

As I said i will stand by my posts and will contrast them with your erroneous notions any day. Your lie and twisting is exposed....by the original post which you cannot now even own up to...I understand:laugh:
    here again is the full context ..in order..leading up to the part you try to isolate...in vain

If you want we can start a new thread...debate if you will....on each of these points listed.....I will give a biblical case for my list.....you can offer your....philosophy....or if you are up to it...you can try scripture...:thumbs:

yes...I have been caught being a faithful witness to the truth of God ...and all the words therein...i am guilty of full disclosure of the Electing love of God as itis found in Jesus.

I speak of the Promise of God to any sinner who believes in Jesus...and the promise of God of the sure righteous judgement of God to those sinners who remain in rebellion to the word.

I would quote more scripture here on this doctrinal point, but you might go and cry to a moderator saying that evil icon has posted more bible verses that you do not like , or that you take personally:thumbs:

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God can and use any means at His disposal to accomplish His eternal plan.
    He works through his word,and His love in the heart of His people.
    We can rejoice in that the word goes forth.I rejoice if I hear of a sinner being saved at pacific garden mission. the unshackled program,as much as someone getting saved hearing Eph1 preached.

Getting people lost is a priority...if we help get them to know they are lost, than Jesus can save them.

11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

And how many men are sinners Icon? :wavey:

12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your many words will not hide the shame you should have for perverting the Judgment and Justice of God's Providence in the world by excluding His Loving Mercy to be "GENUINELY" offered to all!

I don't care to watch you dance around the truth and try to avoid it in the same fashion you guys avoid giving full disclosure of your "true'" [sic] "gospel of pre-selected election for the few" which you also admittedly disguise when you preach what you call the "Gospel".

It would merely be another sorry example of your clan's obvious patterns of deceit and denial. I'll stand by what I have said as sufficiently revealing the truth in the matter.

Good, as a matter of fact...GREAT!!! Seems we may yet make some progress of drawing the truth out in this debate after all! Because that's all I needed from you to do is to stand by “your” words in the "context" in which they were given:

For the truth of this matter which started the agenda again by beginning this thread because in despise of my preaching the True Gospel to genuinely belong to "YOU" (thinking it insulting to "his" gospel), see here:

I preached the Gospel to all, but obviously the "Determinists" can't stand it! ....that if it were to include a message to beware of those who teach "pre-selected" election in this Christmas season. But this is the Gospel God has prepared me to preach so that no man is left without "genuine" hope:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1936298&postcount=13 :godisgood:

Unfortunely, it seems that we live in a time that needs to address false doctrines while preaching the Gospel!

Merry Christmas to all!

#52 Benjamin, Dec 24, 2012
  13. Herald

Herald New Member

Well, I said my piece about Benjamin.

It says something about an individual who throws caustic bombs indiscriminately. Thankfully there are others on the Synergist side who take a more civil approach. They do not compromise what they believe, but they understand that a certain degree of civility is necessary in any debate.

One thing is for certain. Theological debate is not for the faint of heart.

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

Obviously, you have never followed Iconoclast's posts. He is absolutely obnoxious just as Benjamin says, and CONSTANTLY questions the salvation of any person who does not agree perfectly with him. I understand completely why Benjamin speaks to him as he does, I also have been very caustic toward Iconoclast for the same reasons.

[Personal attack edited]

#54 Winman, Dec 24, 2012
  15. Herald

Herald New Member

And you are comfortable defending those remarks as a Christian?

Winman, if you think about it, you are not exactly a Boy Scout. You can be rather obtuse in your posts.

When you say (about Iconoclast),

Really? Every person? May I call your attention to scripture?

Are you prepared to provide evidence that Icon "constantly questions the salvation of any person who does not agree perfectly with him"? If not, how can you make an unsubstantiated accusation without it being considered bearing false witness? And I stress "any person" which means every person who disagrees with him.

#55 Herald, Dec 24, 2012
  16. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, so now my EXACT language is important? It is not important when you give the gospel and fail to tell people you do not believe Jesus died for all men? It is not important to tell folks EXACTLY what you believe that you have no idea if God has chosen to save them or not?

Well, well, now you are being a bit of a hypocrite aren't you?

Fact is, read Iconoclast's posts and you will see for yourself that he almost always questions the salvation of those who do not hold to Calvinism/DoG. He doesn't say it directly, but he implies it quite clearly. Benjamin has pointed it out many times. This is nothing new, we spoke of this some time back.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes & you know what opinions are like dont you. :smilewinkgrin:

#57 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 24, 2012
  18. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yep, and the ONE thing I like about Icon is that he can take it as good as he gives it. So, I tell him to his face what I think of him.

But anyone who denies that Iconoclast does not constantly imply that those who disagree with him are lost heretics has not been reading. Here is a perfect example;

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1935592&postcount=94

Notice how HoS calls him out for implying he is a heretic.

This is an AVERAGE response from Icon. He talks this way all the time. If I had the energy I could easily go back and show you dozens of other examples.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Herald but you dont understand this forum. There is no debating here. This is war with most of these people & I will let you draw your conclusions as to whom I am referring to.....so strap on your armor & grow a very calloused & thick skin. Thankfully your Jersey raised so start thinking that way if you want to hang around. Hint though....most don't.....they move on to other venues or leave altogether.

20. Herald

Herald New Member

Yes. It is. When you accuse your brother in Christ, your exact language is important. Think about it: you are accusing your brother of sin. My goodness man, that does not concern you?

A few posts back I said that you would not agree with me when I explained my thoughts on preaching the Gospel. Jesus died for sinners. Of that group (sinners) Christ effectually died only for the elect. Do I need to tell those I preach to that Christ died only for the elect? It depends. If the purpose of my sermon is evangelistic, no. I am not deceiving them. Christ died for sinners. How do I know if someone is elect? I am not concerned with that when I preach the Gospel. That knowledge is withheld from me. However, if I am doing an expository series on the Gospel of John, I am going to have to explain John 6:37 and 10:29. I am feeding the sheep at that point and have a responsibility to accurately handle the text. But you're changing the subject,so let me move us back to the discussion.

The onus is on you to point out Icon's questioning people's salvation. I know that Icon and Benjamin do not see eye to eye on anything (big surprise), so I would not be surprised if that accusation popped up between them. But you are accusing Icon of doing it with everyone who disagrees with him. It is not wise to make blanket accusations because the responsibility is on you to prove it.