1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Easter 'Hit' Parade

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 5, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Beginning on February 26, the news and entertainment media have fired a stunning barrage of criticism at religious beliefs, religious practice, and religious symbols. Nothing is too sacred to attack this year, not even the most crucial teachings of Judaism and Christianity.

• The arts world has mocked Jesus with a life-sized, nude, anatomically correct sculpture made of chocolate, reducing him to the level of the Easter bunny.
    • On March 4, the Discovery Channel took the prize. Discovery aired a documentary, “The Lost Tomb of Jesus,” that claims to have disproved the foundational belief of Christianity: that Jesus rose from the dead.
    • An April 3 New York Times article dismisses the story of Moses parting the Red Sea as a “myth.”
    • The current – Holy Week – issue of Newsweek teases readers with the headline “Is God Real?,” and features a debate between a prominent evangelical pastor and an outspoken atheist. National Public Radio also carried an atheist/Christian debate.
    • On Easter Sunday, the History Channel will question whether the Bible is God’s genuine revelation to mankind.

LINK

2. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Why debate the existence of God with an atheist?

Our belief is not something that can be touched with the human hand, which is what an atheist wants, though they still wouldn't believe just as the Pharisees in Jesus' time witnessed his miracles and still didn't believe.

God will open the eyes of non-believers in His own time. If so chooses, he could regenerate an atheist on his way to a rally to persecute Christians, similar to Paul's experience.

Now, if our tax dollars are going to promote such garbage, that is one thing. I don't want my money going to support causes that are diametrically opposed to my most deeply held beliefs.

These companies are free to do what they want to try and make money, and we are free to abstain from buying their products or watching their shows.

Hitting these people in the pocketbook is the only real way to stop them from cramming junk down our throats anyway.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Good post Bro James. If God doesnt exist, why do they constantly bring Him up?

4. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

It happens every Easter. Last year it was "The Divinci Code". My guess is Satan is still pretty ticked over the whole resurrection thing.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Short but sweet response. :thumbsup:

Ed

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen to that.:thumbs:

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I will never, under any circumstances, debate the existence of God.

I will, however, with anyone who believes in the infallibility of Scripture, debate anything found therein.

I have a friendly acquaintance who is a devout atheist. A true atheist realizes the futility of debating the existence, or lack thereof, of God. They may debate evolution, or anything else that can be debated on observable things, but debating things taken on faith is futile. And, atheism requires just as much faith as does a belief in God. (Even my friendly acquaintance agrees with that, and he will tell other atheists, pagans, or whomever, that.)