1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Evangelical Lutheran Church In America Is The Only Lutheran Church That Is Apostate

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Apr 24, 2017.

1. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Evangelical Lutheran Church In America is the only Lutheran Church that is apostate because it supports abortion, homosexuality, homosexual marriage and the ordination of women to the clergy. All other Lutheran Churches are scriptural.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The basic problem with that statement is that the official Lutheryn doctrine on salvation is not what the scriptures teach, as it co mingles sacraments/works/salvation...

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Terms the Bible uses to talk about the beginning of faith include “conversion” and “regeneration.” Although we do not claim to understand fully how this happens, we believe that when an infant is baptized God creates faith in the heart of that infant."
    Frequently Asked Questions | Doctrine - The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod

I'm not sure about the above.

Of course, Grandma was Luthern, and I vaguely remember a couple referred to as my godparents... I'm beginning to wonder how many times I have been baptized.

4. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    False. The Lutheran Church does not teach a works salvation. It teaches from the writings of Luther that salvation comes only through trusting in Jesus alone for salvation.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is received thru the sacrament of holy communion!

6. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not according to Luther's writings. He wrote that salvation comes only through trusting in Jesus alone for salvation, not through Holy Communion. I have studied Luther's writings. And he stated that he came to the biblical understanding of salvation while climbing those stairs in Rome while praying his rosary. Luther stated that he heard the voice of God state "The just shall live by faith". Luther was the greatest of the Protestant Reformers.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not denying his salvation , but its more that the Lutheryn church is not agreeiing with the bible as to what is needed to save us, as the sinner possesses the Holy Spirit by rite of water Baptism!

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember back in 2009 at the ELCA convention in Minneapolis where they were going to endorse gay clergy, at the exact minute that the convention opened (2 pm) an unanticipated tornado struck the building and knocked the cross on the steeple over on its side.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I forgot that there are homosexual clergy in the Evangelical Lutheran Church In America. I remember that tornado event from 2009.