1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Evidence Bible

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Gershom, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Evidence Bible is a study Bible edition of
    the KJV. It is an updated edition of the KJV
    described as a "'Comfort-able KJV'--a sensitively revised KJV" edited by Ray Comfort. Another difference in this KJV edition is that it does not seem to put any words in italics in the text.

Here are some samples of its revisions
    compared to the present-day Oxford KJV edition
    in the Scofield Reference Bible:

Gen. 1:30 creeps (EB) creepth (Oxford)
    Gen. 2:13 compasses (EB) compasseth (Oxford)
    Gen. 3:1 subtle (EB) subtil (Oxford)
    Gen. 3:11 you were (EB) thou wast (Oxford)
    Gen. 8:11 plucked (EB) pluckt (Oxford)
    Gen. 12:1 show (EB) shew (Oxford)
    Gen. 30:37 peeled (EB) pilled (Oxford)
    Gen. 26:10 lain (EB) lien (Oxford)
    Gen. 26:10 should (EB) shouldest (Oxford)

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    The difference is not in the actual translation but in the commentary. I am leary of putting into the Bible itself the following information:

— Read fascinating quotes from Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein, Sir Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur, Stephen Hawking, many other well-known scientists.

— Read the fearful last words of famous people who died without the Savior.

— Learn how to refute the "contradictions" in the Bible.

— Read incredible quotes about the Bible from presidents and other famous people.

— Discover how to answer questions such as Where did Cain get his wife? Why there is suffering? Why the dinosaur disappeared . . . and much more.

Answering all those are a pretty tall order for a large library, and I fear packing the answers (whatever they may be) into the Bible itself will give them more authority than they perhaps warrant.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who in the world is Ray Comfort? Know a Ron Comfort who is a famous evangelist and founder of Ambassador Baptist Bible College.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Ray Comfort has a website. It is

http://livingwaters.com

Don't know anything about him other what I've found on the website, which, obviously, is probably only going to focus "the positive" things.

Just wanted to pass his URL along and I'll let you evaluate his ministry for yourself.

6. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Ray Comfort is from New Zealand and has supposedly preached in over 700 churches. He teams up with Kirk Cameron and shares a ministry called "The Way of the Master" which encourages and teaches believers how evangelize as Jesus did using the Law as a schoolmaster. He shuns the Prosperity gospel that is preached in modern times, teaching instead that God never promises wealth, easy living, etc.

He seems to lean toward reformed teachers, quoting Pink, D. Martyn Lloyd Jones, Kennedy, Sproul, MacArthur, et al.

I've only recently learned of him and this ministry. I did buy the Bible, but haven't had it long enough to make a decision one way or another. One thing that I find bothersome is the quotes from Bible teachers interupting passages here and there. I would have appreciated them being in the margin instead.

They have a TV program and you can watch a few of them at wayofthemaster.com

7. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Ray Comfort spoke at my son's Baptist church a couple of years ago. He spoke on evangelism and my son (a college student) was quite impressed with him.

Comfort is also the author of a book entitled "Hell's Best Kept Secret".

8. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

You can listen to Ray preach that sermon online HERE