1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Fall of Adam and Eve

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Bobby Hamilton, Nov 10, 2010.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bobby, I think where you are confusing the issue post fall is in God telling Eve due to their sin her desire will be that of her husband (to usurp his authority) and his will be to dominate her (both sin).

2. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

Makes sense.
    So I guess the only thing that still alludes me

Did Adam personally witness the deception/temptation or not?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not sure we will know this side of Heaven. He could have, or she could have told him the story, or she could have just told him where the fruit came from. What we do know is he was not deceived, he knew he was eating the fruit from the tree God commanded him not to eat from

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I have a problem with being "talky." :saint:

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Most of the conservative commentaries that I've read indicate, from context, that Adam was present and knew what was happening.

They base that on this:

3:6b ...she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate.

Why did Adam not stop her? We're not told specifically. We can speculate, for instance, neither understood what the word "die" really meant, because (from a tet-driven young earth creation perspective) they had seen nothing die, and so had no consciousness of the penalty; or perhaps because they had no concept of "lie" they did not know that the words of the serpent were infact not truthful. But, to adopt either of these views is to say something that Scripture does not tell us.

6. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

That makes sense. I still kind of look at it as he didn't stop her because he wasn't in her direct presence. Once he saw what she did, and noticed nothing negative happened then he joined in. No deception towards him, just flat out disobedience towards God.

Thanks.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adam forfeit his right as head of the wife and failed to protect his home.
    [QUOTE 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve;(A)

14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but [the] woman who was deceived and deluded and fell into transgression.(B)

][/QUOTE]